When should I buy park tickets?

tom1944

DIS Veteran
Staying at BLT and BWV from August 11-20. We will have 6 park days from the 12th to the 19th. Am I correct to think I should buy our tickets once I schedule our restaurant reservations at the 60-day mark?

You can google tix price increases. I’d grab ASAP and it’s inevitable they will rise.

For any single-day tickets, you will be required to designate a "start" date for them, which will be your designated date of use, and then must also pick the actual park you want (prices vary among the parks),

For multi-day tickets, you just need to designate a start date that you choose (such as day of arrival) and then can use them while there, e.g., I believe if you choose a six-day ticket and pick the arrival date as your start date, you will have a period eights days to actually use them.

As to making actual park reservations, you no longer need to reserve a park with multi-day tickets and can use the ticket daily for any park. If you have an annual pass, you will need to make park reservations in advance for each of the days you plan to be in a park. You should not wait too long to make such reservations because of the risk that a park could be deemed already full when you act to reserve, meaning, essentially, annual pass holders can no longer reserve the park, although any multi-day ticket purchasers can still use the park without any reservation)

Last edited:
I’d buy tickets ASAP too, once my dates are set, to avoid price increases.

And depending on the length of your stay vs. length of tickets’ validity, you might be able to save a little by having your tickets start before arrival. In 2020 we needed 6 days of park admission for 9 people. We bought tickets that started 2 days before arrival but were valid through the last day we needed them and saved some money compared to 6-day tickets that started on arrival day. It wasn’t a huge amount, but it helped pay for food!

I wouldn’t buy yet, solid chance there is some kinda ticket deal for the summer that drops soon.

I’d also buy tickets from https://dvcrentalstore.com/plan/order-tickets/ if you don’t wanna wait for a potential Disney direct ticket deal. Cheapest I’ve found so far.

Last year they did the 4 park 4 day tickets that was a pretty good deal. ( I know you said six days but maybe they do something with more days this year)

It’s much simpler to buy tickets over here in the UK. There’s only really one we can get, which is the 14 day park hopper. I’ve seen some people on other threads say that they are able to buy these tickets using a VPN, and it works out quite a bit cheaper. For comparison, it’s £500 (approx $625) for 14 days. Does that work out cheaper than a 6 day ticket in the US?

I wouldn’t buy yet, solid chance there is some kinda ticket deal for the summer that drops soon.

I’d also buy tickets from https://dvcrentalstore.com/plan/order-tickets/ if you don’t wanna wait for a potential Disney direct ticket deal. Cheapest I’ve found so far.

Last year they did the 4 park 4 day tickets that was a pretty good deal. ( I know you said six days but maybe they do something with more days this year)
Thanks for this! Didn't know they sold tickets. Their prices are cheaper than other sites!

For any single-day tickets, you will be required to designate a "start" date for them, which will be your designated date of use, and then must also pick the actual park you want (prices vary among the parks),

For multi-day tickets, you just need to designate a start date that you choose (such as day of arrival) and then can use them while there, e.g., I believe if you choose a six-day ticket and pick the arrival date as your start date, you will have a period eights days to actually use them.

As to making actual park reservations, you no longer need to reserve a park with multi-day tickets and can use the ticket daily for any park. If you have an annual pass, you will need to make park reservations in advance for each of the days you plan to be in a park. You should not wait too long to make such reservations because of the risk that a park could be deemed already full when you act to reserve, meaning, essentially, annual pass holders can no longer reserve the park, although any multi-day ticket purchasers can still use the park without any reservation)
Haven't been back since last June 2023. I have a multiday ticket-- no need for reservations anymore? And can we park hop before 2pm?

Thank you!! I just checked MDE-- my only worry is that they'll take days off my saved tickets from yesteryears (the ones where you don't have to have a specific date- I have the old 10 days no expire and a bunch of 5 days still that I'm saving for when we decide to go over new years eve....).

There is no longer a designated time before you can park hop if you have a multiday park-hopper ticket or AP. You can switch at any time of day subject to the "ancient" rule (pre-covid) that if the park you are trying to switch to is deemed full, you can not enter until that classification is taken away.

Tthe modern rule is that any multiday tickets purchased , once used, expire at the designated expiration date that is shortly after first use, e.g., a six day ticket expires in 8 days even if you use it only once. If you have not used the ticket, you can reset its start date subject to paying any price increase for the new dates.

Disney continues to honor old unexpired tickets, unused or partly used, from before. What I am not sure on is whether you have to do anything to use them other than just showing up and entering park.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I just checked MDE-- my only worry is that they'll take days off my saved tickets from yesteryears (the ones where you don't have to have a specific date- I have the old 10 days no expire and a bunch of 5 days still that I'm saving for when we decide to go over new years eve....).
Just make sure to stop at GR and make sure the are ordered correctly before entering.

Just make sure to stop at GR and make sure the are ordered correctly before entering.
Thanks. I've had issues with the "ordering" of tickets. I wish we can order them ourselves... super excited, though, about our trip in 4 months!

Last edited:
I bought tickets for my August boardwalk trip and linked to mde a week ago. To beat the February price increase that didn't come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter