When the Mouse attacks and other tales of mistakes and destruction at Disney World

EcbLovesMickey

Willing to Work for Disney Dollars!!!
This is a trip report in progress...

After months of planning we ready ourselves for our surprise trip to WDW and a Disney Dream cruise. The week before we leave begins with my old cat passing. He was with me before I even met DH, I miss him so. Then came the Fourth of July and a race in the morning followed by an in-law invasion. Let me say, I love my MIL, but having an extra person in the house after a tragedy and before a big trip, not so much fun.

Months before reservations have been made, dining and fast passes reserved, personalized autograph books and other surprises packed and ready.

We hit the road to visit a relative before we surprise our boys (6&11) with this WDW trip and cruise. An hour or so in I say "how did you get the stroller to fit". Turns out, he didn't. Ok, I'll adapt and I start scouring craigslist etc for a cheap one to use.

A visit to the relative went well, then off to a hotel. "Where's my green bag? The one with EVERYTHING in it?"....

Let me just say, this bag, this one bag I stated over and over must NOT be left, contained all the personalized and special touches I had worked for months on. It also contained all of our documents for the cruise as well as out magic bands. I immediately got in the car and began to drive the 5 hours back to pick up this vital bag. Luckily the passports had somehow (?) been removed and places in another bag that we actually had. Only being a half out down the road I turned around.

Stopped at a Goodwill shop on my way *back* to the hotel and found a cheap stroller. Ok, things will be ok. We'll just get the plain magic bands and check in and get luggage tags at the port...

... Now I won't bore you wit WHY we got started late the next day, but let's just say by the time we left we were pretty right for time to get to our resort, check in and make it to dinner. So, of course, there is a monster thunderstorm. Traffic slowed down to a crawl... Ok we still have time. The google maps say we'll arrive in time if we take their short cut. We wove around through the back of magic kingdom and somehow (thank you google) arrive at Bay Lake Towers a little after four!

Now up to this point the kids have no idea where we're going. They think we're off to visit more relatives. As we begin the bizarre winding tour ala google maps DS6 looks up at the monorail line and asks "what is that?" I tell him it's a guardrail. He's not convinced. Suddenly he says "hey, we're at Disney!" DS11 takes off his headphones and says "why are we at Disney?" Dad took a wrong turn... Ok they say and re enter the world of video games and loud music. Suddenly we pull into the Bay Lake Towers parking lot and they FINALLY figure it out. Pandemonium follows.

Check in took some time as we had to get new bands and their system was not working so well. It's all good though, we're here, kids are bouncing enough to tire out a tigger. We get to the room, get our stuff and get ready for our dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Since the autograph books have been left at home (a subject that we no longer bring up since doing so may result in either a: a divorce or b: justifiable manslaughter) we decide to leave a few minutes early to grab some at the gift shop. Ok just bring the camera DH, we'll meet you there... Oh no... It's that look... That look of total and utter disbelief at one's actions... Yes, he has forgotten possibly the most vital item for any family trip. THE CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm really looking forward to hear the rest of your TR. So far it's hysterical. I'm sorry about the bag being left at home. Just laugh it off because you can't change it. At least your in the happiest place on earth. Have a great trip. We LOVE DCL.

Seriously, no camera.... Not sure whether to laugh it cry. At least we have our cells and mine takes decent pictures, just no water park ones or underwater shots. Ok, after some deep breathes we travel over to the Contemporary and Chef Mickey's. This is the point where the bottom drops out and the rain goes from sprinkles to buckets. Than goodness we're inside and dry (for now...)

We get seated, drinks are ordered (pomegranate lemonade for me... The bright pink drink, yep that one... You see where this is going right?) and Mickey is on his way... 2 tables away... 1 table away... He's here, he's here! Everyone is excited, DS6 is excited, DS11 is excited,even Mickey is excited... So much so that he reaches to sign the, newly purchased, autograph book and... You guessed it, knocks the full glass of bright pink beverage onto me...so much for staying dry.

:wave2: Oh my :hug:

I'm all in for your TR popcorn:: :surfweb: so sorry to hear about the green bag, stroller and camera :(

Am hoping the rest of your trip was magical :wizard:

Darn! Not even second post!

I know it's an expensive suggestion, but do they have any disposable cameras you can buy? I think walgreens still develops film...

So, luckily our room is not far. I dash there, covered in pink drink and feeling like I stepped out of CARRIE. I got to the room. Had a good scream into an unfortunate pillow, and stripped off all my wet things and pull out clean ones. Socks.. Check... Pants... Check... Undies.... Oh no!

Yes, I've already been away one night, but I literally fell asleep in my clothes and when we woke up I just freshened up and went.

So here I stand looking at all my clothing wondering if going commando at Disney is even legal when I realize I have packed my running clothes separately. Yes! I packed two pairs of running panties! Not the most comfy, but they're clean and more importantly here.

I hurry back and Mickey's manager is there to apologize and offer dry cleaning. I honestly would be beyond embarrassed to dry clean my socks and panties so I say no thanks. Dinner finishes, miraculously, without further incident.

The more I read...the more I think manslaughter is a MUST. And I thought it was awful when we had to go 7 hours our of our way to retrieve the stupid wallet. I sure hope somewhere you ended up with that must needed drink and then another and then another...

You have me really worried about backing for Europe...which we are now 10 days away from...yep, I am relooking at my packing lists and pulling out the suitcases...

If my camera was left, well lets just say it would be a murder/suicide thing happening! But since I do all the packing....NOW I AM SUPERVISING THE LOADING PROCESS!

Sounds familiar...which is why I am stuck doing all the packing and loading up of the car for.every.trip...sigh. We once left the house and drove 2 hours when I realized our park hoppers were sitting on the counter at home...that stunk!!!

Hope the rest of your trip goes much better!!!! Thanks for sharing your TR!

So, panty problem solved for now and I am sure I can get some cute princess ones in a store somewhere in or around the park. As for camera, we're using my phone for now and debating running out and grabbing a cheap waterproof one.

The rain is still pummeling down and I decide there is no way we're going to HS to use our Fantasmic FP+, which itself is an on going joke as it is my favorite night time show but every trip seems to get rained out or we run out of time. It is almost comical at this point that we keep having to miss it.

While DH is in favor of heading out into the abyss I put my foot down and say we're not going out in this, get soaked and subsequently catch colds and miss the cruise. At which point he relents, perhaps realizing that not to so so may, in fact, result in his untimely death.

After a half hour or so the rain slacks and we walk to MK. My shoes are still wet and nasty from the punch debacle, so I am left with flip flops meant for the pool. Honestly they're going to get wet, might as well use the flip flops.

Since everyone was tired (and some of us grumpier than normal), we decide to only stay a while and ride Pooh, Small World, Peter Pan and buzz light year. Between the rain and the fast passes I was able to rearrange we walked right on them all. Yay! Tides are turning (knock on wood)

We head back to bay lake towers to the Top of the World lounge to watch the fireworks. Only my pin is not working. Only hours before I have paid for purchases in the gift store and our dinner at Chef Mickey's. Turns out DH (who may by the end of this trip become "the man formerly known as DH") decided to change his pin and somehow changed mine too. Well, what's mine now? No idea... We'll fix it in the morning

TIME FOR BED!!!!!!

(Thank you Ambien)

Morning comes and we decide on a quick swim before hitting the parks. We're moving resorts today from BLT to the Villas at WL. We pack up most of our stuff and head to the pool for half an hour.

No one is at the pool so the kids get to go down the big slide countless times. All is going great when suddenly... "I lost my magic band thing". Since the personalized bands have been left at home we bought a pack of the little charms to put on the standard grey ones we were given. DS6 has lost his.

The entire pool (about 5 people) comes to a stop, the lifeguard even turns off the slide so we can check around it. Just when all hope is gone and tears are beginning to form on an already wet face "I found it!" A little girl found it and saved the day! Yahoo!

Back to the room, get dressed, finish packing and time for our first FP of the day,, Splash Mountain. This happens to be one of the kids' favorite rides. We are on and off it quickly and everyone has fun. Now we have time to kill before our next one. We decide on Jungle Cruise.

The line is deceptive. The promised 15 minutes quickly passes and we stand in the sweltering heat dripping with perspiration, only to have DS beg to be picked up. We finally board and have a fun cruise, complete with corny jokes and bad puns... Next is seven dwarfs mine train!...

While walking to the mine train I realize I am not wearing my necklace. This is a necklace I have been wearing almost everyday since high school. It has no monetary value but a lot of sentimental value. I, obviously, freaked out. I think maybe I have left it in the hotel room but decide to try lost and found later on just in case.

The new mine train was great. Really fun and the kids both enjoyed it. Too bad we only had the one fast pass time this trip :(. Next is lunch at BOG. Even with the princess theme the boys still enjoy it, maybe because they get to use the touch screen to place their order.

After lunch we have a fast pass for Anna & Elsa. DS11 FREAKS. He is NOT doing that! DS6 is pumped. He loves frozen and wants to ask if the princesses like to play hockey (turns out Anna thinks Kristoph does). DS11 pouts and refuses to take part. When the princesses sign his autograph book he is borderline offended and promises, as we leave, that he will remove those pages later.

After our rides I report my lost necklace to lost and found while DS6 gets his hair cut at the barber shop.

Now time to check into hotel #2. A quick stop back at BLT finds that no one has turned in my necklace but it is miraculously found in a packed bag in the car! Horray! The day is saved. Off to Wilderness Lodge we go.

Check in works well and we are told our room is ready. When we get to the villas we realize we have a room at the VERY end of a long hall. I mean VERY end, like a short road race distances. It's ok we're just glad to have it ready

The boys and I change into swim wear while DH does some work. There are two pools for DVC guests and, of course, we have to try them both. Two hours later we drip back in and get changed for a quick trip to EPCOT.

Yikes, keeps getting better and better, huh?

Also, I didn't know there were DVC only pools. That's so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter