• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to book Oct 2006?

NMW

DIS Veteran
First, I hope this is the right board for this question. We are planning to stay at BWV (our home resort) Oct 19-27 2006. We want to try the standard view, 1 bdr villa. Do you think I should call day by day for this or just wait until 11 mos from the check out date. It would actually be Nov 29 since Nov 27 is a Saturday. I know F&W is going on, but I don't know how busy a time Oct is for DVC stays.

We are leaving Dec 1 for a 9 day stay (also at BWV) and I need to have our next reservation (Oct 2006) booked and done. Seems strange to be booking our 2006 vacation before we even take our 2005 one!

I would do day by day. standard view is hard yto get during Oct. I have had trouble in the past.

Standard view at BWV durning F&W is pretty popular, so I would book the first day and ask the CM at MS if they think it is necessary to book day by day. They can tell how ressies are going, and will let you know if booking day by day is adviseable. When I was booking a GV for January once, I called the first day, and they told me it shouldn't be a problem to wait until the end of the ressie, so I booked that first day, told them when my end date would be, and when I called back 11 months from the check out day, it was easy to fill in the missing days.

Thanks! I guess I will book it the first day and then ask MS what to do. With it being Thanksgiving week AND right before we leave for our Dec Disney trip, I was trying to make it easy on myself. Does anyone know if MS is open on the Friday after Thanksgiving?

Will doing day to day for the same time at SSR be unnecessary? I want a dedicated 2 bedroom and a studio near each other and thought I would be safe waiting for the 11 months window at the check out date. What do others think?

Thanks

Susan

I think the real issue for October ressies are for those who want to stay in the Epcot (walk to Epcot) area resorts. While the others will book up, I don't feel there is a lot of need to do day by day ressies for them unless you are looking for a GV.

That is what I thought too. Thanks I will start coungting down to the 11 month window. Seems so long to wait. Luckily we will be in Disneyland Paris in 6 weeks.

Susan

I'll be at BWV from Oct 21 to Oct 26. I was planning on booking the 'regular' way, 11 months from check-out day. But, I'm traveling with another mom and her dd, to celebrate our two dd's 13th b-days, so need a two bedroom Boardwalk view. With all the Halloween stuff going on and Fand W, it looks like I'll be booking day to day. At least it will be done before my Nov 30 trip this year...I can go with no stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter