When to book?

GiJohnsGirl

Mouseketeer
Hey all, we are a family of 5 looking for a partial/full ocean view in a deluxe studio or a regular room if that’s possible? We just got back from the Boulder ridge villas. We have never been to Hawaii or Aulani. We will be staying on cash not points. I have seen where people have done a few days at Aulani then transferred over or vice versa, which I think is what I am going to do. I am starting to plan for 2020 (we will need more time to save for this one since we are coming from Maine) and wanted some advice on when is the best time to book for a trip in August of 2020? Is it like WDW where we can make a reservation then make payments? Any recommendations for other resorts? My kids will be 13, 9, 6 by then.

I'm not sure how early the window opens - hopefully someone can confirm. I know that DVC owners can begin booking at 11 months out, but I suspect cash reservations can be made prior to this timeframe. Whenever the window does open, I suggest booking early for the best shot at room type and date availability.

When making the reservation, you will put down a deposit equal to the cost of one night plus tax and the balance will be due at check-in. I can't speak to whether payments can be made in the interim. You can cancel without penalty up to shortly before you leave, so in my opinion, its always best to have the money in your hands rather than in someone else's.

Have you considered renting points? It would be a significant savings. There are brokers who can facilitate the process for you. We booked a cash reservation because we were going to go regardless of whether I could rent points, but then once we had secured a point rental, I cancelled the cash reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter