when to make my ressies for DC

airhead

DIS Veteran
We're going 7/04,how soon should I make my ressies? It sounds like a limited amount of people are allowed each day and I know Summertime(especially around July 4th) can be very crowded. Is it silly to make them now?

CJ

I would call Discovery Cove and find out how far you need to make them. I would say that since you will be going during a very popular time, the earlier, the better. But that's just my opinion. We will be there in Aug/03 and we made our ressies in March.
good Luck!:D

Tammy

I would call Discovery Cove and find out how far you need to make them. I would say that since you will be going during a very popular time, the earlier, the better. But that's just my opinion. We will be there in Aug/03 and we made our ressies in March.
We'll be there on August 3rd, '03 and made our DC ressies in late April.

I went July 4th 2 years ago. Got a great rate at the Renaissance as a holiday promotion on their web site.
Go to www.discoverycove.com and go thru the steps of booking a reservation. After you register and log in, you can see an availabilty calendar. You can come back and view it over and over by logging in. I'm looking at the calendar for July right now for a party of 3 with dolphin swim. July 4th is available.
3,7,8,9, 14,15,16, 21,22,28,30,31, is not. If you look on a calendar, you'll notice most of those days are at the beginning of the week. The weekends are completly open, guess people travel those days. I'd book it soon if you're sure about the date.

After you register and log in, you can see an availabilty calendar. You can come back and view it over and over by logging in. I'm looking at the calendar for July right now for a party of 3 with dolphin swim. July 4th is available.
This is interesting.....I made my ressie by phone though. Could I still check to see which days have openings ? I'm curious to see if my date is booked up. Thanks.

I found my answer....I was able to check availability even though I don't have an online ressie. Looks like Aug 4, 5, 6 and 11 are closed for that month. This was based on the max of 9 in a party---I used the max option on the pull-down menu. The rest of the month could at least accomodate a party of 9. It doesn't show you the amount of ressies they have open yet.

I was going to ask how the crowds were on the weekends
but if there is a limit to the amount of people allowed on site,I guess it doesn't matter if its a weekend or not! I think I'll go ahead and book our ressies for saturday, July 3rd,2004!!!!
I know its early,but it just makes it real!! I'm stoked!!! Can't wait to do this!
I'll be looking for everybody's trip report on this place,so don't forget!!

airhead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter