When to Request Buy/Rent Points for Early May?

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
I hope this is the right board to ask this on!!!!

If I were looking to buy...or is it rent?...points from a DVC member for my
trip in early May, when is the best time to post the request on the Trade board? Is it too early now for May....would Janurary be too late?

Depending on where you want to stay. You should do not. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

If you plan on staying at a DVC resort, renting points is a good idea. Typically, you'll pay $10 per point.

If you're going in May, I would recommend posting now. The DVC rates are "set", so you don't need to worry about a better discount or deal coming along. The only "deal" you can get is a lower dollar per point. $10 is the average, $8 & 9 being less common, but you can find them depending on how soon the renter's points expire.

Also, the sooner you book, the more time you'll have to budget money. Most renters ask for 10-25% down and then the balance to be paid typically within 60 days of arrival.

If your looking for the BCV there could already be a wait list for the first week of May in a studio for one of your nights. If you are looking for one of the small resorts (BCV, BWV and VWL) you might want to do it sooner rather than later.

I just called earlier this week to add the weekend nights of May 5-7 and they could not book it all as one trip because one or more of the nights I already booked were sold out. I could not believe this early that there would be a wait list, but BCV is VERY popular!

Good luck with your rental! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter