When using a car service can you request a time for airport pick up

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
When ME was running we would eat lunch at the airport then head to the ME.

Now with ME gone we’ve been taking a car service. This Jan there was no issue since we didn’t get to MCO till 730 pm. For next Jan fligh is much better getting in at 11. Still way to esrly for a room to be ready

So we’d like to have the driver pick us up later after our plane gets in.
Has anyone done this before. We’ll be taking Tiffany.
So basically our plane gets in at 11 but have the driver pick us up at like 1230. Thsnks

We used to eat lunch (or sometimes an early dinner) before heading to ME too. It killed some time and we were usually hungry anyway. ;) I would think you could probably request a later pickup.

Most car services will time your pickup to the arrival of your flight; however, you may be able to schedule for a specific time instead. Wouldn’t you rather eat once you arrive on property, though, rather than deal with inflated airport pricing and lousy food?
As opposed to inflated Disney prices?

I wouldn't do the airport food since you would need to go down to baggage claim to collect your luggage then schlepp it all the way back up to the food court. I believe Tiffany includes a free grocery stop. You could always just do a curbside order from Publix of some essentials and also include in some deli subs and chips to eat by the pool.

Just my humble opinion but I would get your luggage as soon as possible and not drag back to the food court.
We come into MCO at least 5 times a year and always are very anxious to have our luggage in our hot little hands because recently we had to get off the plane late, stopped at washroom, grabbed food to go (all very quickly) and by the time we got to the luggage area, we could not find our luggage AT ALL. It had been put into a weird corral by a weird luggage area. AND this was not a lot of time lost between finally getting off the plane. Also, weirdo lightning storm can seem to appear out of nowhere and then they immediately stop taking luggage off the plane.

Yes, maybe I'm neurotic about my luggage but I want to know I have it as soon as possible. Going on a hunt is not fun.
Not worth food court quality of food.

Just my humble opinion but I would get your luggage as soon as possible and not drag back to the food court.
We come into MCO at least 5 times a year and always are very anxious to have our luggage in our hot little hands because recently we had to get off the plane late, stopped at washroom, grabbed food to go (all very quickly) and by the time we got to the luggage area, we could not find our luggage AT ALL. It had been put into a weird corral by a weird luggage area. AND this was not a lot of time lost between finally getting off the plane. Also, weirdo lightning storm can seem to appear out of nowhere and then they immediately stop taking luggage off the plane.

Yes, maybe I'm neurotic about my luggage but I want to know I have it as soon as possible. Going on a hunt is not fun.
Not worth food court quality of food.
Your luggage probably made it onto an earlier flight, this is why I like AirTags in my bags so I can see where my luggage is at all times.

I also think it is a better plan to pickup your luggage first when arriving. LOTS of bags all look the same in a dark color and have seen occasions where someone mindlessly grabs the first dark bag they see and then someone who is the actual owner informs them they have the wrong bag. Airport food is OK when departing compared to what gets served on the planes now. However, when arriving I would also wait to eat at Disney or even Disney Springs where there are lots of choices.

Besides everything that's already been said, your plane could be delayed and even the theoretical 12:30 pickup could be too early.

My experience with car service pickups is that you give them your flight number and they keep track of it, in case your plane is late.

Just my personal take on this, but I'd much rather be at WDW than at MCO. If the room's not ready yet--and sometimes they can surprise you--then I leave my bags with bell services and eat at the resort or go to a park. But I'm not a fan of the food choices at MCO.

Besides everything that's already been said, your plane could be delayed and even the theoretical 12:30 pickup could be too early.

My experience with car service pickups is that you give them your flight number and they keep track of it, in case your plane is late.

Just my personal take on this, but I'd much rather be at WDW than at MCO. If the room's not ready yet--and sometimes they can surprise you--then I leave my bags with bell services and eat at the resort or go to a park. But I'm not a fan of the food choices at MCO.
My car service always tracks my flights. I get a text soon after landing. Occasionally if I'm early or late they update me with the new pickup time and meet me at baggage claim as usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter