When will The Christmas Decorations go up at Walt Disney World?

OH YEA DISNEY!

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody.We are planning a trip to Walt Disney World for next November. My original plan was to go the two weeks following Thanksgiving. Because of a conflict at my work this is not going to be possible. I would like to change my plans to the week before Thanksgiving and the week of Thanksgiving. Will the decorations be up? I could go two weeks after Thanksgiving but really don't want to. Would rather go sooner than later. The main reasons for going in November are the decorations,less crowds and the Christmas Activities. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Terri :earsgirl:

Just in case you are interested, last year the Osborne lights opened on the night after Thanksgiving.

I went to a wedding (no parks) in early November last year and the Christmas decorations in the resorts were starting to go up by the end of the trip - around Nov. 10. The Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional don't start until after Thanksgiving. So the week before Thanksgiving will be much less crowded with decorations, but the actual Christmas activities won't start until the week of Thanksgiving.

I'm so glad you asked this question. I wasn't even expecting any christmas decorations during our trip this Nov. It looks as though we'll get to see some though. I cannot wait!

I was watching the workers put up the Christmas lights on the roof of Team Mickey this week at Downtown Disney, so the preparations are being made as we speak. Illumination will likely be the day after Thanksgiving in many places. That is also the 1st performance of the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Don't miss it, it is great, and there are some wonderful narrators on board!

Our favorite time to visit is either the 1st or 2nd week of December. All of the decorations are in place and lit, and and the Christmas festivities are in full swing. It is quite a bit less crowded at those times, as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter