When you see it...buy it!

ohisee

Earning My Ears
We were there in mid-May and I was looking for pins that interested me as well as the die cast ride toys. One thing I learned is if you see it, buy it. Don't think the same pins will be one each cart or that the die casts will be at the World of Disney (so you can get your 10% discount). That is not always the case and I regret not getting many items when I saw them.

i.e., the Kilamanjaro Safari die cast was only at AK; exclusive hotel pins are available at respective hotels only.

I have heard several folks say that if you see something that you really want, you should buy it because many times folks like to wait to they can buy with a discount of some type at DD. And unfortunately, even in the case of some shirts much less the pins....they are not available there. Thanks for the warning.

That is so true, especially with pins and other collectibles! Many are purchased while still hot by auction sellers. The auctions may later on close at twice or even over three times the original price!

So when you see a special or limited edition pin, GRAB IT!

Wanda

Oh how true this post is. It really goes for anything you see while in the World.

Last trip while staying at the BWV I saw this lovely Christmas ornament that I really thought I could fine "anywhere". Nope! I wound up calling the Hotel Gift Shop and getting that telephone number for Disney Merchandise and ordered it that way. Great telephone number; you can order just about anything you see at the World through them.

ohisee makes a good point. Not every pin or souvenir is available everywhere. I have found the same thing. Items even disappear from one week to the next because Disney decides to change their stock. I found a beautiful ornament at the Christmas Shoppe at DTD and had it shipped home with some other items. When it arrived 10 days later, it was broken. I called Disney to try to get a replacement and the item had already been discontinued and removed from the shelves and was no longer available.

It is unnecessary to blame auction sellers for items disappearing off shelves or racks. Some people would like to blame them for the smoke at WDW too. :rolleyes:

Just my 2¢

Same goes for DL/DCA. The ONLY pin cart/store we saw Mrs Potato Head was at Tomorrowland.

We've learned through experience to make World of Disney our first stop on the day we arrive to take advantage of the American Express or Disney Club discount. Then when we tour the rest of the World, we can concentrate on the park or hotel exclusive merchandise.

Kathie -

LOL Very good point about the smoke!

:D

Just a comment about mailorder- they are very good when they can get something, but according to one of the managers at mail order, they only pull from their own stock and from the central warehouse. So if an item has been distributed to the stores out in the park, and there aren't any in the warehouse, MO can't always get them, even if they are available in the park.

And if it's a LE pin, they don't sell it. I don't know about other LEs.

Buying whatever (be it pins or t-shirts or any other collectible) when you see it, is always the safest way to make sure you get it.

I totally agree. I have passed on a few things, thinking I have time before the trip ends to get back. Never did get back - and now I don't have them.

You mean there not responsible for the smoke.

You know, the same can be said for The Disney Store!

At the rate that things are getting reduced... when you see it buy it!

How many of us are knocking ourselves in the head for not buy more than Two Walt & Mickey pins from the 101 Mill. countdown collection!

Good luck to all the happy shoppers with the new pin series... 100 days til Walt's b-day!

Starting Sat. Sept. 22nd at a disney Store near you!

Kathy

Another thought along these lines, keep your receipt.

I made a couple of purchases on the first day of my recent trip, and I later found other items that I preferred.

I simple brought the items back (I didn't need to go to the same store/park) and got a refund.

My Disney Store will also accept park returns, but I believe that policy varies at the different TDS locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter