When you wish upon a star...a very HAPPENING PTR SEP 13

(Sneaking in over lunch at work) - yaaay!! Sounds like a great plan to me. :dance3:

Would a deal from Aus to Hawaii return with Hawaiian and one US carriers Hawaii to mainland etc work out any cheaper? I priced this option for our 2011 trip but at the time it wasn't any cheaper than a direct flight deal with V. Our trip to San Fran-back in 2009-we got a cheaper Qantas flight to San Fran than LAX for some reason so made a good excuse to stop off. Its on my return list too.

Oooh, sounds good.:cool1:
Might see you there. I am also still trying to sort dates out for April 2014.

Aussie Wendy said:
(Sneaking in over lunch at work) - yaaay!! Sounds like a great plan to me. :dance3:

Would a deal from Aus to Hawaii return with Hawaiian and one US carriers Hawaii to mainland etc work out any cheaper? I priced this option for our 2011 trip but at the time it wasn't any cheaper than a direct flight deal with V. Our trip to San Fran-back in 2009-we got a cheaper Qantas flight to San Fran than LAX for some reason so made a good excuse to stop off. Its on my return list too.

Love your thinking. I will way this up. So many things to do in so few days. We always fly Qantas and it has been quite sometime since we flew ANZ. Va and Hawaiian are on the list. Happy to try someone new for a bargain.

PrincessInOz said:
Seems like things are definitely coming together! :thumbsup2

Thanks PIO. Slow and steady will get me through. I love San Fran but it has been so long. Ill pop over and re read your SF thread I think I have 2.5 days to fill. Not enough but I can't wait for the rest of the family to see her.

gogo65 said:
Oooh, sounds good.:cool1:
Might see you there. I am also still trying to sort dates out for April 2014.

It is closer than you think April 2014. Think I have a plan of attack now. WDW looks like being there until Easter Sunday. Yay someone to compare notes with.

Ok. The plan is to keep the trip a surprise for the kids. They know we are planning a trip like this but they just won't know when until we go.

I forgot that we had talked about a DCL 3 night Bahamas cruise which I have worked in. So here is the plan so far

San Francisco 3 nights

Harry Potter on site

NASA

Cruise 3 nights

wDW. 8 days 7 nights

Washington. 1 full day/1 night

New York. 4 nights

This fits in our schedule. A couple more days isn't an option but we are really tasting everything on the list.

Shall book the cruise this evening. Yay.

I have some gift vouchers to use so shall put them towards this. I can slowly chip away at it.

I love when a plan comes together.

Ok. The plan is to keep the trip a surprise for the kids. They know we are planning a trip like this but they just won't know when until we go.

I forgot that we had talked about a DCL 3 night Bahamas cruise which I have worked in. So here is the plan so far

San Francisco 3 nights

Harry Potter on site

NASA

Cruise 3 nights

wDW. 8 days 7 nights

Washington. 1 full day/1 night

New York. 4 nights

This fits in our schedule. A couple more days isn't an option but we are really tasting everything on the list.

Shall book the cruise this evening. Yay.

I have some gift vouchers to use so shall put them towards this. I can slowly chip away at it.

I love when a plan comes together.

Sounds like a great plan! And YAY for booking the cruise! :hyper:

Wow so organised already:worship:
Good idea about booking the cruise now and then pay a bit off as you go,
Would be good I'd you could do that with airfare, actually 4 years interest free would be good:rolleyes1

Yay for plans going ahead and for booking your cruise.
The advantage of booking cruises early is that you get your choice of dinner time and cabin. What stateroom category did you choose?

Have booked a 3 night Bahamian Cruise for Easter weekend in a 4a category. Currently on deck 10. Will look into this some more. This is a family deluxe stateroom with verandah.

Looks like we'll just miss you at WDW.

Time is ticking away, it'll be here before we know it :thumbsup2

areweindisneyyet said:
Have booked a 3 night Bahamian Cruise for Easter weekend in a 4a category. Currently on deck 10. Will look into this some more. This is a family deluxe stateroom with verandah.

The 4a's look great! You'll have to try and find out if any of them are 'secret' 4a's and have a surprise such as a slightly bigger balcony.

I would love to cruise in a cabin with one of those big aft balconies one day.
For my cruise I'm booked in one of the Fantasy's secret 8a 'mini-suites' (5520). No balcony or split-bath, but it has heaps of space, a dividing wall and two TVs. Can't wait!

becpee said:
Looks like we'll just miss you at WDW.

Time is ticking away, it'll be here before we know it :thumbsup2

We will be at WDW from about April 8. Trying to avoid Easter as much as I can. Will now do HP and NASA on the 15 and 16. I think.

Congrats on the cruise booking AWIDY! Your plans are really coming along quickly.

Thanks Minniemum. I like to get a framework together. This is really just a tastes tour, work out where we really like and then plan some more in depth visits. It is lovely having these little bookings tucked away. I am now putting money aside to jump on some airfares to SFO, and wait to lock in some free internal flights with our frequent flyer points. But this won't be until May. So for now I'll just keep researching things to do, places to stay, restaurants to meet.

I have always want to do a road trip through New England so will go back and use Ny as a base to start and then do Boston, Maine, Niagara, Amish Country then. Another trip will drive from New Orleans to Washington through the south. I also want to drive Anchorage to Anaheim.

areweindisneyyet said:
I have always want to do a road trip through New England so will go back and use Ny as a base to start and then do Boston, Maine, Niagara, Amish Country then. Another trip will drive from New Orleans to Washington through the south. I also want to drive Anchorage to Anaheim.

It's funny you mention these 2 road trips. We are looking to add a short 2 week road trip to our WDW stay in September this year. I'm favouring New England, whereas DH wants the Deep South. How are you researching these? Any good sites you can point me in the direction of?

The first wish list is on my radar for 2014 if I think we can afford another o/s trips that quickly. NY then road trip up through Boston, Maine, to Niagara Falls and on to Quebec and if time work in some of the Great Lakes and fly back via a stop over in Orlando for Universal and HP and WDW.

I like your plan Wendy . Always wanted to do that part but also want to drive east to west. So many road trips so little time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter