Where’s the cheapest place to buy magic bands?

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
I like the convenience of magic bands, but don’t want to spend $40 for each.
We’re headed to WDW this summer and would like to have them before leaving

My Disney Experience offers pre trip discounts on magic bands. Screenshot 2024-03-25 12.11.58 PM.pngMay not be the cheapest but it's something.

Ebay is an option, make sure they are unopened and unlinked. If buying the MB2, make sure they are recent, so they work for photos as well as tap functions. 2015 should still work for the tap functions, but not long range options.

We might have some from 2015. I didn’t know if they would still work
They’ll work for anything that involves tapping Mickey to Mickey - opening resort room doors, entering parks and LLs, charging to your resort account.

They won’t link long distance ride photos, like Seven Dwarfs. For those, if you allow your MDE to use Bluetooth on your phone, the photos should link.

Older MB you already own will continue to work indefinitely for any feature that does NOT require the battery. Personally, I wouldn't chance buying MB's from some private party on Ebay since once used they are NOT transferable and you may get stuck with something you can't use. Even if they say 'new/unused' you won't know that for sure until you try to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter