Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

We were down to the bus stop at 8:35, bus came 8:37 and we were in front of Test Track at 9:04.
You made good time!

img_6858-jpg.277001

LMAO! I love it! I don't know why he looks this way but his face is almost as good as his RnRc picture!
his face is hilarious!

BOWL YOU OVER!
I know. I'm sorry. It's late.
Ha! :rotfl2:

It still looks so yummy!

so I got to buy $10 Splitsville socks:

img_6884-jpg.278325
Awesome socks... But I am good.
What shouldn't pregnant women hear?

img_6883-jpg.278327

How freakin' adorable are these???
Love these!

img_6890-jpg.278335

Aren't these adorable? First I thought it was a club level thing but they were actually a DVC "gift". The offer has to do with taking a DVC tour which we didn't do, but we did appreciate the complimentary Disney artwork postcards!
We got these also... I was super excited about them and then opened them up. And was kind of let down. But they are super cute!

Ricky and Steve had the shrimp and liked it, it was a big shrimp in there! But yeah one shrimp so Steve ate like 5 lol.
I was thinking that Morgan could eat that whole tray of Shrimp.

Hi everyone, before I get to my next update I want to share a few pictures from my stepson Jason's wedding this past Saturday! If you're also following my dining report I apologize for making you look at them twice, but I'm so proud I need to share :goodvibes

Jay waiting for Candace......
IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG

Mr. and Mrs.!

IMG_7408.JPG

Steve, his boys and finally a daughter
IMG_7415.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG
Happily Ever After :love:
Thanks for letting me share!

Yo-ho Yo-ho, No Projections For Me!
Up until this point we had left our evening plans a secret from the boys. If they asked what we were doing we kind of brushed them off and said something like, "not sure" or "depends how we feel". When we left Splitsville they didn't ask to play another game so we simply said we should go back to the resort and chill.
While we were eating our dinner/not dinner in the lounge we finally told them where we were going:

IMG_6913 (2).JPG
Whoo!! This had never been on my radar until I became a travel agent. Hearing my fellow agents talk about it made me really want to try it! I was worried the boys were too old and the ideal age is definitely younger but I read quite a few reports from adults who had done it with no kids and loved it. Were they excited??????

Is Chris EVER excited???
Ricky actually thought it sounded good, Chris could have cared less lol. They did both say they would NOT be meeting Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee, and I just shook my head ::yes::

Pirates and Pals begins and leaves from the Contemporary; being at WL we were just a boat ride away. Check in was 7:45 so we left around 7 and arrived about 7:20.

Cute topiary outside the resort:
IMG_6902.JPG

Check in is downstairs from the main lobby and the first thing you see when you get off the escalator is the sign in the picture I posted above. There was a check in podium; we went up, gave our names, and were each given a cute little pirate bandanna:

IMG_6912.JPG

We were asked to wear or tie this somewhere on our person. Most people put it on their head which is what Steve did for awhile; I tied mine around my purse and the boys tied theirs around their wrists :confused3 Whatevs, at least they didn't complain about holding it!
Something else you see as soon as you get off the escalator:

IMG_6914.JPG

We were also given a little scavenger hunt to do until the room opened at 7:45. I didn't take a picture; it was cute, very easy for people like us DISers. There were about 10 questions and the answers to all of them were found on the main concourse. We had about 15 minutes to kill at this point so we went up and did it. We went back downstairs just in time for the doors to open!
Once inside there was pirate-y, sea-fairing, sailing music playing and all the food and drinks were out. It was only about 5 minutes before the guests of honor were announced:

IMG_6915 (3).JPG

Sorry for the not great picture, but it was a really cute backdrop they met against. I hate that this is the only way to meet Hook and Smee unless you catch them at Characterpalooza, but at least this is an option. Everyone lined up to meet them/get their picture taken and there was a pp photographer there to capture all the excitement, like when the real young kids were brought up by their parents and started screaming like crazy in the characters' faces...................yes that happened lol and it was funny! But it was also really cute to see the ones who weren't scared run up with such enthusiasm. I miss that from my boys!

Speaking of my boys they would NOT get on line with me to meet them. I waited until almost everyone in the room had done their meets to see if they changed their minds, but sadly they did not. Steve met them with me though but I had been hoping the boys would join in. Oh well, you win some you- whoops, wrong report!

Coming up: Pirate Booty, Mates! Continued in next post

Pirates and Pals Con't.

After our adult meet and greet we got some snacks. I was fairly hungry since I didn't eat anything in the lounge but I didn't want to fill up on junk so I stuck with some popcorn. They have quite the selection of goodies out: popcorn, pretzels, cotton candy, cakes, fruit, ice cream, and lots of drinks to choose from:

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

This cake was chocolate and they had also had a pineapple flavored one. So cute!
IMG_6927 (3).JPG

On the floor was this chest of pirate booty. Kids could take some if they wanted and also Capt. Hook was passing it out:
IMG_6924.JPG

We took our food and sat on chairs that were lined up against the walls. The cake was tasty according to Ricky and Steve as was some punch they had and pink lemonade. You're in the room for about an hour, and other than the meet and greet there isn't really anything to do except eat. However Hook and Smee stay in the room and they interact really well with you. Hook would get down on the ground and play with kids, like I said he was passing out dubloons, he and Smee were joking around together. They'd both go up to adults without kids, too.
We noticed Hook walking towards us while Ricky was out using the bathroom; Chris was like, "he better not come to me!":

IMG_6935.JPG

He ended up having a dubloon toss with Chris for awhile! Then I went out to use the bathroom and crossed paths with Ricky, who decided to wear his P&P bandanna somewhere other than his arm:

IMG_6934.JPG

Around 8:35ish the CM's had us all line up. They introduced us to our Pirate captain Patch (it's always Patch lol) and then Capt. Hook came to lead us to the dock while Smee took up the back of the line.
We stopped by the bathrooms by the snack bar out by the pool; as soon as we began lining up inside, the CM's and Patch made a big deal of reminding us there are NO bathrooms on the boat so to make sure we go. Well, at the bathrooms here Patch said this is your last chance if you have to go and one person ran in - Chris.
Followed by Capt. Hook lol! It was so quick I couldn't get a picture but it was hysterical. Finally we were loaded onto our boat. Not the best picture, sorry:

IMG_6938.JPG

As we sailed away Hook left, but Smee saw us off:

IMG_6939.JPG

Again sorry for the bad picture! Those poor folks in the background were waiting on the WL or MK boat, not sure which, but of course they were staring at us cool ones. Normally two boats go from P&P and each boat has a "Patch", but the event wasn't full tonight so there was only one boat going out.

**I need to run out now but I will finish up P&P in the next post ASAP!!**

Pirates and Pals Finished!

Here's a picture of Patch, our pirate captain for the evening:

IMG_6944.JPG

Not a cigarette in his mouth, it's a whistle :rolleyes1 I've heard about really funny Patches and not so funny Patches; luckily this guy was pretty funny. He kept singing pirate songs and telling corny jokes, some of which I remembered after the cruise and none of which I remember now. He sang songs from Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, and of course "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me". He also went around and asked a few people their names and where they were from and acknowledged birthdays and anniversaries.
Shortly we made it to our spot in the lagoon where we were going to watch HEA. This would be the boys first time seeing it. Steve and I saw it in May and had no problem not being able to see the projections clearly as neither of us are big on projections. The fireworks though look beautiful from the boat:

IMG_6965.JPG

IMG_6967.JPG

IMG_6975.JPG

IMG_6979.JPG

The castle looks blurry in my pictures but we did have a nice view of it. We noticed the colors changing and since we had clues from the music we could usually tell what the projections were, and we could make out the bigger ones like Wreck it Ralph if we REALLY looked close. I loved watching and listening from there (music is piped in). If you won't be happy not seeing the projections then you probably won't like this, or if you've never seen HEA it might not be the best choice for your first time. I've said before that I'm not a huge fan of HEA and prefer Wishes and it's still true even though I'm in the minority, but I did get a little better appreciation for the fireworks portion while watching this time. And seeing them from a new vantage point was awesome.
As soon as the show was over we headed back to the Contemporary with more singing by Patch. He also did some trivia and gave out prizes for the correct answers-eye patches, blow up swords, a hook, things like that. When we docked he gave beads to anyone who didn't get a prize and we didn't even have to lift up our shirts :D A surprise was waiting on the dock as we approached:

IMG_6988.JPG

Ugh all my pictures came out blurry! Peter walked with some of the guests back up towards the Contemporary and everyone who wanted to meet him followed. Again my boys had no interest; we were in the back of the boat and therefore some of the last people off, and pretty much everyone else had gone ahead with Peter so I knew the wait would be kind of long. Steve said he'd go with me while the boys took the boat back to WL but I declined. We waited about 10 minutes for the boat and were on our way back to the resort.
The boys did say they liked P&P overall, the snacks and seeing HEA from the water. They thought Patch was corny but fun and Steve and I agreed. I think it would be more fun with younger kids but I'm glad we did it and we had a really nice night.

BUT, as usual we were hungry when got back! We went to Geyser Point which I thought served food until midnight only to find out they stopped at 10, and it was 10:15. Roaring Fork again it was. However GP didn't stop serving adult beverages, so before going inside for our food Steve and I got something to drink:

IMG_6990.JPG

I got the Black Cherry Lemonade which Steve had gotten back in March and I loved: Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka, Odwalla® Lemonade, fresh Lime Juice, and Grenadine topped with Sprite®

He got a Black Cherry Mule, mules being his new favorite thing to drink: Zodiac Black Cherry Vodka, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar topped with Fever Tree Ginger Beer

The black cherry lemonade goes down like plain lemonade and Steve loved his mule. In fact, we finished our drinks while eating so Steve went back to GP and got us two more :thumbsup2

We went back upstairs around 11:15 and called it a night. Between starting out at Epcot and doing 2 new to us activities, bowling and Pirates and Pals, we had a long day but also a really good one. I know the boys enjoyed it since it was different than your typical day in the parks and I recommend both if you're looking for something "extra" to do!

UP NEXT: SOME ADULT TIME IN MK

Attachments

• IMG_6946.JPG
    IMG_6946.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 4
Now all I need is a grandbaby! I know, I look WAY too young for that. I thank you in advance for saying so :D
Ha! You def don't look old enough for grand babies. But then again, I think we all think of our gray haired grandma...

Well, at the bathrooms here Patch said this is your last chance if you have to go and one person ran in - Chris.
Followed by Capt. Hook lol! It was so quick I couldn't get a picture but it was hysterical.
Too Funny! What did Capt. Hook do? Did he hang around in there and wait for Chris to come out? How funny would that be if he came out of the bathroom and there was Hook just standing there... :rotfl2:

Here's a picture of Patch, our pirate captain for the evening:

img_6944-jpg.279698
He is kind of scary looking!

You can't tell some of those shapes I don't think when you are in the park, so that is kind of cool!

When we docked he gave beads to anyone who didn't get a prize and we didn't even have to lift up our shirts :D A
Ha! I laughed out loud at that one...

The boys did say they liked P&P overall, the snacks and seeing HEA from the water.
The snacks seemed a little weak... How much was it? This would be great to do in Dec 2018 if we end up going with our friends family. They have 2 boys and I think they would appreciate Hook and Smee more than my girls.

He got a Black Cherry Mule, mules being his new favorite thing to drink: Zodiac Black Cherry Vodka, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar topped with Fever Tree Ginger Beer

The black cherry lemonade goes down like plain lemonade and Steve loved his mule. In fact, we finished our drinks while eating so Steve went back to GP and got us two more :thumbsup2
OMG!!!! I am dreaming of the Black Cherry Mule!!! I loved it! Did Steve see it anywhere else on property? I am seriously considering putting the zodiac Vodka and Ginger beer on my christmas list. And maybe a couple copper mugs to finish it up....

Is Chris EVER excited???
When he's eating?

I have a slight obsession with Peter Pan (like I plan on getting a Peter Pan tattoo over Thanksgiving break obsessed) so I definitely need to do this!

When we docked he gave beads to anyone who didn't get a prize and we didn't even have to lift up our shirts :D
But you still probably lifted your shirt right? :rotfl:

Now I definitely need to do this because of said Peter Pan obsession!

I think I would enjoy Pirates and Pals. My girls...maybe not so much :p

I’ve never seen the MK fireworks from that perspective. It must be interesting. Like you said, probably not the way I would want to see HEA for the first time, but definitely something to keep in mind.

Mr. and Mrs.!

Aw! Congratulations!

Steve, his boys and finally a daughter

So sweet! Hopefully she loves Disney as much as you!

Is Chris EVER excited???

:rotfl2:

But it was also really cute to see the ones who weren't scared run up with such enthusiasm. I miss that from my boys!

Me too! :sad:

Oh well, you win some you- whoops, wrong report!

:rotfl:

We noticed Hook walking towards us while Ricky was out using the bathroom; Chris was like, "he better not come to me!":

Of course!

Well, at the bathrooms here Patch said this is your last chance if you have to go and one person ran in - Chris.
Followed by Capt. Hook lol! It was so quick I couldn't get a picture but it was hysterical.

Kind of creepy, no? :eek:

A surprise was waiting on the dock as we approached:

img_6988-jpg.279704

Nice touch :thumbsup2

They thought Patch was corny but fun and Steve and I agreed. I think it would be more fun with younger kids but I'm glad we did it and we had a really nice night.

That looks really fun, but alas, I think we missed that window too. I don't know why this was never on my radar and we started staying at The CR in 2010 when this would have been super fun for the kids. I guess I'll have to wait and bring my little great-niece someday. I'm so looking forward to that so I can get back to doing all these cute little things :-)

Is Chris EVER excited???
All you need to do is pack a cooler with a hot face towel in it and tell him there's a hot face towel at the end! Problem solved. Or better yet, tell hook to add some hot face towels to his treasure box and all good.

So lovely! I love Candace's hair :)

Were they excited??????
Is Chris EVER excited???
Ricky actually thought it sounded good, Chris could have cared less lol.

Haha Chris!

Everyone lined up to meet them/get their picture taken and there was a pp photographer there to capture all the excitement, like when the real young kids were brought up by their parents and started screaming like crazy in the characters' faces...................yes that happened lol and it was funny!

Haha kids at Disney are unpredictable and hilarious!

This cake was chocolate and they had also had a pineapple flavored one. So cute!
img_6927-3-jpg.279682

Yum! This is so cute!

:laughing:

If you won't be happy not seeing the projections then you probably won't like this, or if you've never seen HEA it might not be the best choice for your first time. I've said before that I'm not a huge fan of HEA and prefer Wishes and it's still true even though I'm in the minority, but I did get a little better appreciation for the fireworks portion while watching this time. And seeing them from a new vantage point was awesome.

I'm also still a Wishes fan. I would have thought that the cruise would mean you'd miss a lot in HEA with the projections, so it's good that you found it was a good way to appreciate the fireworks. :)

When we docked he gave beads to anyone who didn't get a prize and we didn't even have to lift up our shirts :D

Oh my gawd! :rotfl2:

You looked like you had a great day! PnP looked fun!!!! But, those drinks from Geyser Point looked even better...HEE! HEE! Cannot WAIT to try Geyser Point in 9 days!!!!!!

Whew finally caught up again! Sounds like a great day! You are making me want to try the bowling, just because but not sure if we can squeeze it in on our next trip since it will be so short and we want to make sure my FIL sees a lot of stuff he hasn't seen yet. Plus I want to make time to really enjoy Holidays Around the World Showcase. My kids did the kids-only Pirates cruise many years ago...and didn't seen that thrilled but the adults were pretty thrilled about sending them off without us at the time! Now my kids just wander the parks on their own when they want to do something different.

We have done the Fishing Excursion a few times...and by "we" I mean the rest of my family, I've never done it as not enough room on the boat when I've booked it for my family. We've also done mini-golf but it's been a few years, and we've rented the speedboats/sea raycers and even a pontoon boat once. One day we may have to add bowling to the list. Part of me would love to try to catch one of the last shows of Cirque in December, but I also want to see some of the evening shows and have my FIL see HEA and we will have only 1 night to do that for this trip. So many things to do, but it's okay as I'm pretty sure we'll be renewing our passes in December.

Too Funny! What did Capt. Hook do? Did he hang around in there and wait for Chris to come out? How funny would that be if he came out of the bathroom and there was Hook just standing there... :rotfl2:
It was almost like that lol! Chris went in and before the door even shut behind him, Hook went in . Everyone started laughing and as soon as the door fully shut, Hook came back out pirate: We stood there waiting for the boat to be ready for us to get on so we were still right there when Chris came out and his face was this red :laughing:

You can't tell some of those shapes I don't think when you are in the park, so that is kind of cool!
I agree, I don't remember seeing either of those shapes (or a couple other ones I saw from the boat) when we saw HEA in the park. They were nice surprises!

The snacks seemed a little weak... How much was it? This would be great to do in Dec 2018 if we end up going with our friends family. They have 2 boys and I think they would appreciate Hook and Smee more than my girls.
It was $69 for ages 10 and up; not sure what the price is without looking for kids. The snacks actually weren't bad! Tons of ice cream bars, the two cakes, chips and salsa, pretzels, popcorn, cotton candy, fruit. Lots of different drinks. Plus the meet and greet, so really not worse than a dessert party since you get to go on the boat and have a great view of the fireworks. Even though you number of different desserts might be greater at a dessert party, at least since the ice cream and popcorn are pre-packaged (Mickey bars and other ice creams you get in the parks) you know they're good!

OMG!!!! I am dreaming of the Black Cherry Mule!!! I loved it! Did Steve see it anywhere else on property?
I seem to remember seeing it elsewhere but I can't remember where :( Sorry!

I am seriously considering putting the zodiac Vodka and Ginger beer on my christmas list. And maybe a couple copper mugs to finish it up....
Steve had his first regular Mule when we were at Victoria Falls at AKL in May and he fell in love lol. Since then we've had ginger beer in the house constantly, and luckily we already had the copper mugs. I say add them all to your list :santa:

When he's eating?
:rotfl2:If he's eating somwhere HE wants to be!

I have a slight obsession with Peter Pan (like I plan on getting a Peter Pan tattoo over Thanksgiving break obsessed) so I definitely need to do this!
Oh you definitely should then! And post a picture of your tattoo :)

But you still probably lifted your shirt right? :rotfl:
Yeah watch for me in an upcoming promotional commercial :dance3:

I’ve never seen the MK fireworks from that perspective. It must be interesting. Like you said, probably not the way I would want to see HEA for the first time, but definitely something to keep in mind.
Yes keep it in mind. It was also nice watching the fireworks-and hearing the music-without being all crowded in. So if you're going to watch one night from the park you could always do the P&P another night. Completely different experience pixiedust:

Aw! Congratulations!
:thanks:
So sweet! Hopefully she loves Disney as much as you!
She's never been! We've tried to get her and Jason to go with us the last few years but Jay says he won't go until they have kids. He sucks :P I was going to try to go with just Candace but it hasn't worked out. Eventually I'll get her there, she's actually dying to go!

Kind of creepy, no? :eek:
lol at first I thought real quick, "what the hell is Hook going to do in there???" but he pretty much came right out, it was cute.

All you need to do is pack a cooler with a hot face towel in it and tell him there's a hot face towel at the end! Problem solved. Or better yet, tell hook to add some hot face towels to his treasure box and all good.
GREAT idea :thumbsup2 lol!

So lovely! I love Candace's hair :)
Thank you! She did look gorgeous :bride:

Yum! This is so cute!
I thought so! And the pineapple one was also.

I'm also still a Wishes fan. I would have thought that the cruise would mean you'd miss a lot in HEA with the projections, so it's good that you found it was a good way to appreciate the fireworks. :)
The reason I prefer Wishes, besides liking the music better, is that I think there were more fireworks and I'm not a fan of projections. Well, sometimes projections are OK by themselves if your focus is supposed to only be on them, but if you're supposed to be watching them AND fireworks - don't like it :snooty: Also Wishes just touched me more. That may change over time as I see HEA more, but I kind of doubt it.

You looked like you had a great day! PnP looked fun!!!!
We did! Which was awesome since we didn't spend much time in the parks!

Cannot WAIT to try Geyser Point in 9 days!!!!!!
I know you're going to enjoy it :goodvibes

You are making me want to try the bowling,
You guys should, I can see you all enjoying it :) I know you probably won't fit it in for Dec., but keep it on your radar for your next trip. It's a nice break from the parks, and even though your kids still enjoy the parks I think they'll like this as something "new".

. My kids did the kids-only Pirates cruise many years ago...and didn't seen that thrilled but the adults were pretty thrilled about sending them off without us at the time!
I know about those, but by the time I found out about them mine were too old. Well Ricky was too old and no way would Chris do it alone. Would have been perfect for Steve and I when they were both younger lol!

we've rented the speedboats/sea raycers and even a pontoon boat once.
I want to do this and so does Ricky, but Steve and Chris aren't on board :headache:

We've also done mini-golf but it's been a few years
We've done WinterSummerland twice and Fantasia once; prefer WS. Last time we played was Nov. 2015, the kids would like to again but no way am I doing that in the Aug. heat!

So many things to do, but it's okay as I'm pretty sure we'll be renewing our passes in December.
:thumbsup2 Steve renewed his in Aug. and I'll get another AP next week when I upgrade my TA ticket. So for sure they'll be 2018 trips for us!

Looks like the pirates cruise was a really fun time. I'm shocked to here the boys even enjoyed themselves. But alas, what is a pirates cruise without some grog???? At least you got some later :-)

Don't let him fool you, he's having a great time but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES can a 15 year old look that way in pictures!!
I think it's an unwritten rule for teenage boys. My three follow it religiously!

Finally, CL dinner!!! Here are just a couple of the pictures I took of the offerings:
Love the look of the chicken salad and such cute presentation.

Whoo!! This had never been on my radar until I became a travel agent. Hearing my fellow agents talk about it made me really want to try it! I was worried the boys were too old and the ideal age is definitely younger but I read quite a few reports from adults who had done it with no kids and loved it. Were they excited??????
Is Chris EVER excited???
Ricky actually thought it sounded good, Chris could have cared less lol. They did both say they would NOT be meeting Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee, and I just shook my head ::yes::
HAHA......my three would be just the same!

Speaking of my boys they would NOT get on line with me to meet them. I waited until almost everyone in the room had done their meets to see if they changed their minds, but sadly they did not. Steve met them with me though but I had been hoping the boys would join in.
It would be a super fun M&G though, they don't know what they are missing out on.

The boys did say they liked P&P overall, the snacks and seeing HEA from the water. They thought Patch was corny but fun and Steve and I agreed. I think it would be more fun with younger kids but I'm glad we did it and we had a really nice night.
I think it looks like a great night!

I got the Black Cherry Lemonade which Steve had gotten back in March and I loved: Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka, Odwalla® Lemonade, fresh Lime Juice, and Grenadine topped with Sprite®

Mmmmm! Perfect ending to the day!

I'm back from the cruise! It was a lot of fun. I have so much to catch up on though, but see you guys real soon. BTW, where are you and @kastoney drinking/hanging out? I'll see if I can come stalk you guys, hehe.

I'm back from the cruise! It was a lot of fun
It looks like it! Way more fun than I would have thought!

but see you guys real soon. BTW, where are you and @kastoney drinking/hanging out? I'll see if I can come stalk you guys, hehe.
I can't wait :goodvibes we are having dinner one night at Citricos and then spending the day on the 7th eating and :drinking1at the F&W festival. I'm going to text you this week to see what your plans are :thumbsup2

I'm glad they liked P&P, it looks like you guys had the good side of the boat in terms of view too!
Yes I think we did have the good side of the boat as opposed to what you guys had lol. It was cool, I'd recommend it especially to people with younger kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter