Where are you staying and why?

My family and I are staying at BWI in July. When my wife and I surprised our three teenage daughters with their Christmas gift (this upcoming Disney trip) I had originally booked CBR, which we had stayed at in 2017, and liked well enough. It was the cheapest moderate that could accommodate the five of us and I had purchased the DDP CS as part of the package. Right after Christmas, the Free Dining came out and I frantically changed our resort, not to save money, but to upgrade to an EPCOT area deluxe and BWI was the cheapest at that point. We've never stayed at BWI before, though we really loved Beach Club from a previous stay. My wife argued to keep the CBR and save $2K, but I don't deliver pizzas on the weekends to stay at CBR....BWI baby, lol!

Okw. Turned into our fav resort although we have dvc points at several other resorts. We just bought more points at OKw on resale. We go to okw every year in March for two weeks. We don’t go to parks much. We love the resort for the pool, the big suites, the activities, the proximity to DS.

Next trip is one night at Yacht club before a cruise. We were originally booked at a moderate but AP rates were so good I couldn't pass it up, especially since our plan is to spend the day at Epcot. But usually, POP, because I've been going a lot lately and that's the most affordable. But I am starting to get a little sick of the values so for August I splurged and am doing a couple days at the contemporary at the convention rate split with my pop stay instead of all pop.

So which resort are you staying at for your next trip and why?
Staying Poly DVC - because it is truly magical to be able to walk out of your room and see the castle, to sit on the beach and watch the fireworks while eating a dole whip, because walking into the Grand Ceremonial house is a step back in history to one of the 2 original WDW resorts.

We're staying at All Star Movies for our next trip. We have a tight budget on this one and we've stayed at POP and AOA before and found it to be a great value.

Last edited:
DVC member.
BWV for the first 3 nights.
CCV for the next 3 nights.

Why? Proximity to the parks we will be visiting. We will do HS and EP during the first half of the stay. On move day, we will go to AK. Then MK the next two days. We are going with a set of twin girls that will be 22 months and we want to avoid bus transportation as much as possible since we will have a double wide stroller (yep, it meets the new size requirements!).

Pop century the moderate hotels are £2000 more and the deluxe are more than hotel flights pre-flight hotel spending money and pet sitters and with 6 cats i need pet sitters

For our upcoming December 2019 trip we are staying at Old Key West. This will be our first time renting points, and I chose OKW for a few reasons:

-Cost: this was the cheapest option of all DVC properties for our dates

-Size: one of the largest studios (we need extra space this go round as we are traveling with my then 10 month old)

-Two beds in the studio

-We were also able to score the hospitality house area so close to main building, pool, etc.

In the past we have stayed at POR, POP, and All Star Music. Now that we are a family of 4, I doubt we’ll do values again.

Either GF or Boardwalk, leaning towards BWI just for Epcot/DHS proximity and theming may be more our vibe over GF. We like deluxe and have not yet stayed at either of these resorts. I would also like to do Poly or CR but neither of these resorts appeal to my husband. Honestly, we like to swim a lot and the clown at the BWI may be a deal breaker but I'll have to gauge that as we get closer to booking LOL

Well last June I finally bite the bullet and upgraded to deluxe at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This might have been a mistake because the girls (18 and 10) have fallen in love with the deluxe thing. I am pretty much at their mercy and they have requested both the deluxe meal plan and The Poly for our next trip. I am waiting until 2021 so some of the Star Wars stuff calms down a bit but then the only decision is 10-12 or 14 days.

DVC member staying at AKL-Kidani, deluxe studio savannah view. This will be our third time at this resort...our kids love looking at the animals from the balcony and there is nothing like sitting out there in the quiet morning watching the animals wake up!

Renting DVC points for the first time for a studio with savannah view at AKL.

Now that my husband has embraced his Disney side I asked him to choose and that's where he chose! :)

Where: BLT 2 Bedroom standard view, cash reservation
Why: I'm going with my husband, daughter, and parents on this trip. Last year we all went together and stayed in GF RPC in a single room. While the sleeping accommodations were fine, my father hated having all 5 of us needing to share a bathroom. My husband is an avid runner so he will get up early on vacation to get 5-10 miles in before we hit the parks. He's also the loudest person on the planet when he thinks he's being quiet. Every morning he'd wake every single one of us up about an hour to two hours before we wanted to get up. My then 3 year old would not want to go back to sleep. So I started looking into staying at a DVC resort. We were choosing between BLT 2 Bedroom or a Treehouse at Saratoga Springs. We decided to go with BLT for the three bathrooms (can have my husband put all his running stuff in there so we don't have to see/hear him get ready in the morning, he can take a shower if we're not awake when he gets back, and he won't wake up my daughter), everyone gets at least a queen sized bed, and the proximity to MK with the walking path. We lucked out and this year the Fun and Sun offer was available for BLT, so we got an extra 15% off. Didn't manage to score free dining though which would have saved us about another 800 dollars overall.

CBR because it's the only moderate I haven't stayed at yet. We originally wanted to rent DVC points and stay deluxe but it was too much of a hassle because we are going in a large group of family with a lot of noncommittal people. It was easier to book a block of rooms at CBR and cancel/add as needed then get locked into renting points. We will definitely be renting points on our next trip (2021 or 2022 for the 50th).

My next trip is with my sister in July.
We are staying club level with a theme park view at the Contemporary.
We have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary resort and decided to splurge on club level with theme park view because we figured go big or go home lol.
We got a 30% room discount.
Since this trip is costing us basically 2.5 times the amount our usual trips cost its the only one we are taking this year but we'll be back to 2 per year next year.

We try different resorts each trip. This time it's three nights at Pop because it looks fun and I know my kids will love it there, then five nights at AKL. I've always wanted to stay there and can't wait to have coffee watching animals from the balcony- seems so peaceful there!

AKL is probably my favorite resort. Nothing like being able to sit out on your balcony in the morning and watch the animals.

I'm staying at two new resorts for me next month, Grand Floridian for 5 nights, and Bonnet Creek for the last 3 nights. Staying at those resorts because I'm tagging along with a friend who invited me to join her and her 3 nieces, otherwise I probably wouldn't spring for GF!

For our November trip = Beach Club for 4 nights then Polynesian Club for 5 nights. For our December trip = Beach Club Club for 4 nights.

Why? Well for the Beach Club it'll be our first staying there but we loved the ease of walking from Epcot and being really close to DHS. For Poly, its just so tropical feeling there, and being close to Epcot & MK makes it a winner all around for us.

We booked BC last December because, well - it's one of our favourites and we hadn't stayed there in a while. We booked it last April and then decided to get APs and go several times over the next year. We then decided that, instead of staying at our usual favourites, we'd stay at all of the deluxes we hadn't stayed at yet to confirm that our favourites are really just that (our current favourites are: GF, BWI, BC, AKL).

Because we are going more often for the next year, some very short trips and some longer, we decided that we would be spending more time at the resort and taking advantage of the pool, lounges, grounds, and just generally relaxing rather than going to the parks all day long. We like to do TS restaurants 1-2 times per day plus spend time just relaxing in lounges so proximity to choices can be a factor too. We used to pick the resort based on the parks we intended to primarily do that trip but we now tend to go whatever park we feel like whenever we feel like it so it's not quite as much of a factor but it can be for certain things.

February we did Wilderness Lodge and really liked it. We really enjoyed the pool, Geyser Point, the couches by the water and the general vibe of the place. We spent part of one day with friends and the rest going to all of the parks and Disney Springs as well as time in the pool, lounges, and generally hanging out - location wasn't really an issue either positively or negatively. But it's definitely going on the favourite list. I'm not really sure exactly what it was about the resort but it really struck a note with us.

In May we're going to the Contemporary. It's not one we've ever really had much desire to stay at but it was on the list and our friends said they'd come and stay at BLT for a few days with us because they hadn't been there before. I'm not sure the pool will be a winner for us but it's also a short trip and half of it will be with our friends. They really like to spend time at MK so proximity may be a good thing for this stay. We are also going to V&A for dinner one night so the closeness to GF is handy.

In September we're going to stay at YC. We plan to spend a lot of time at F&W so the proximity was a definite plus here. We're also going to MNSSHP so while it's not as convenient, we're planning to spend more time at F&W than MK so location was a major factor. Also the proximity of so many restaurants between Epcot/YC/BC/Boardwalk/S&D.

That leaves only the Poly out of the deluxes. We toured around it 2-3 times over the last two trips and decided to eliminate it from our list even though it violates our original plan. We just can't seem to get over the 70's vibe of the outer buildings (narrow and dark hallways with low drop ceilings with ceiling tiles). The pool is really small and very shallow. The layout of the grounds seems disorganized and unappealing to us. Maybe if the price had been more on par with WL we'd have done it but the pricing is more on par (or higher!) than GF so we just couldn't get over that. We both admit that we may have been influenced by Aulani and how amazingly they've designed that and that the Poly fares poorly against that. In any case, we have decided to stay at BWI for December. We plan V&A this trip too so GF was a potential choice although we'd have had to do a bit of modification of our dates because availability is a bit limited. However, we haven't stayed at the BWI for a long time and we really enjoy Epcot during the Christmas season and the restaurant and lounge choices. So proximity won out a bit this time even though we intend to do MVMCP as well as V&A. We haven't spent time in the clown pool at all but we have fond memories of the quiet pool where we were often the only people there so BWI it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter