Where did you meet your Significant Other

We were both working at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. My job had me walking past his frequently, eventually we started talking. Been together almost 5 years now, married almost 2.

It was Dollar Drink Night at a local country bar/night club. She was out celebrating her sister's best friend's 21st birthday. I was there because a group from work met there on many a Thursday, I was actually hesitant to go that night, but my friend convinced me to go out and celebrate my 5th anniversary of joining the Air Force.
Later that night, near the pool tables, saw a girl dancing by herself. I was full of liquid courage, asked her to dance (not somehting that I did wel). After we danced, we came back to the pool table area, my friends had temporarily disappeared, and that was when I met that girl's sister. We've been together about two weeks shy of 25 years now.

We started talking on tinder. First face to face meet up was to go bowling. Been together almost 5 years, married for 2 years and just had our baby boy 4 months ago.

Work. DH had recently transfer out of the department I joined. He still joined them for lunch or Happy Hour on Friday. So we started hanging out together.

Met my DH at work. We had casually known each other enough to exchange pleasantries and that was about it. One day I was going on break with one of my co-workers and I saw him and said hello. Next thing I knew he had decided to join me on break. We sat and talked until I had to return to work. The next day he came by and asked me out on a date. We ended up going mini golfing and then to pizza. He wasn't even scared that I had 4 kids as he had 6 kids of his own (they lived with his ex). We ended up getting married 3 months later. He was 50 and I was 40. We have been married 21 years now

Although I’m blessedly glad to not be in this position, nor do I ever expect to be, I don’t know how anybody meets anybody now IRL. @disneychrista , I think if I were you I would strongly consider an on-line dating site. NOT Tinder or POF, (sorry to those that have used them). There are apparently many others that can point people in the direction of “good matches” based on more than just looks or a hunch.

I’m all for being selective about who you spend time with; setting some standards and boundaries that can be whatever matters to you. That’s pretty hard when one just waits for somebody (anybody) to wander along and show interest. Why don’t you consider giving it a go?
Many of the people I know are either dating or married to someone they met online. I agree that it is easy to weed out the people who are incompatible. I met my DH online over 14 years ago after I had been online dating for about 2 months.

I was a bit hesitant to try it, but my work friends were happily online dating and I figured that I’d give it a shot. So glad, too. After dating a bunch of duds that I met IRL, I met the love of my life.

I met my husband at a job; I came out for training and we met. We dated a bit but that didn't work out and later we tried again and that worked out. We still work together but now at a different place.

In 1995 I went to a church singles night and was standing at the dessert table then he came up to me and started talking. We were inseparable from that day on. Married 23 yrs in November.

The old fashioned way... In a bar! During the NFL playoffs in January 2015 Patriots Vs. Ravens... I am a Pats fan, my girlfriend was a Ravens fan so we wanted to go out to watch the game. My now hubby came in alone and the bar was extremely crowded and he saw 2 women sitting alone at a table and asked us if he could sit down. He asked me out in the first 5 minutes.

At the park in our neighborhood - I was 13 and at the end of 8th grade, a month away from turning 14, and he was 15. It was Spring Break and we were visiting my mom who lived there (and where i was going to be moving for high school the next year). My sister and I went to the neighborhood park to throw a softball around and a few guys started to watch us, then came over to talk to us. That was 29 years and 5 months ago - the day I met my husband :love: He asked me to date him over that summer and we got married 8 years later. 3 kids, 4 houses, and a ton of memories later, we celebrated our 29th year of being together 3 days after our 21st wedding anniversary this past summer.

I was almost exactly the same age as my youngest is now, when I met his dad. Wow.

Met through mutual friends. My friends had come over to my house to hang out and he came with them. He had just broken up with his girlfriend. I was dating someone else at the time. We were just friends for about a year before he got the courage to ask me out, lol. (yes I was single at the time!).

I met my husband in June 2017 on Plenty of Fish-chatted for a couple of weeks before we met. We got married July 2019 so things worked out well for us! I was 32 and he was 30 when we met

I'd just started grad school, living in the graduate student dorm. I was hanging out with a guy from the dorm who was 9 years older than I, married, working on his PhD in psychology. We were SUCH good friends, it only made sense that I'd get along with his roommate. Roomie and I knew each other 10 months before we started dating. We lived together 8 years before getting married- so we've been together 34 years, married for 26.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter