Where do DVCers vacation … outside of DVC?

takemetomickey

Mouseketeer
If you like DVC you have great taste! So, where are you vacationing when you’re not using your points at Disney? I bet we all have a lot of similar interests since we have DVC in common - let’s recommend some other great places to vacation (even though nothing can compare to Disney!)

For us, we like Chatham, MA and Kennebunkport, ME. (Also Hilton Head but that’s covered by DVC).

Last 4-5 years we’ve visited places such as Ireland, Alaska, Iceland, New Orleans, Chicago (yuck), Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah, Annapolis, Colorado, Maine, Martha’s Vineyard. All have been great with the exception of Chicago.

I don;t often go anyplace but Disney World, but I do go to our local zoo in San Antonio, and I'm close enough to Galveston for an occasional cruise.

We really enjoyed beach trips to Turks and Caicos and Grand Cayman over the past few years.

We are drive distance to GSM and really enjoy PF/Gatlinburg, TN and Asheville, NC to get the full perspective of the mountains.

San Diego is our go to for our CA trips and love Seattle for the great NW feel and climate.

Kauai or Maui for HI trips!

Skiing in the mountains of Austria and you can't go wrong with a safari trip to Botswana, Africa.

Last edited:
DCL cruises.

Also: Japan, US National Parks, city trips here in Europe (we live in Germany), Hawaii (even though this always includes Aulani, so DVC, but also other islands). Next up are Spanish islands (most likely Mallorca, but maybe Gran Canaria).

For us, we like Chatham, MA and Kennebunkport, ME. (Also Hilton Head but that’s covered by DVC).
Interesting-Chatham is just down the road from one of our favorites, Harwichport. One reason I love BCV is that it reminds me of Cape Cod, which I don't get to as much as I'd like any more.
And i used to summer at Old Orchard Beach, just up the road from Kennebunkport.
We also love Alaska (visiting by land) and the National Parks.

We like the Great Smoky Mountain NP, Shenandoah NP and Dollywood. Have been AP holders in Dollywood since late 1990’s, longer than we’ve owned DVC.

In general, we especially enjoy going to NP’s and this summer we have stays at Mt Rainer NP, and Olympic NP, with an Alaska cruise between those stays.

We are retired!

We enjoy cruising (we did the Disney cruise back in its inaugural year and are considering another trip), mostly on RCL. We also enjoy the DE/MD beaches. We’re hoping to spend more time overseas once we are fully retired, especially to Ireland and Scotland, two of our favorite places. :goodvibes

I was blessed with parents who loved to travel and were happy to bring us along even after we were adults with families. So throughout our DVC ownership we’ve traveled to a number of places in the US and Canada with them, including multiple visits to Hawaii. DH and I have also traveled on our own to Europe and Mexico as well as within the US. Now our DD, who also loves to travel, is taking her infant DD along.

Last edited:
We have a cottage on Lake Huron in Southampton Ontario so we spend four continuous months there but after paying taxes on a cottage, a house in Stratford and DVC, our budget is stretched. Sometimes a cruise is a special treat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter