Where Do Members Like to Dine?

You're Feeling Peckish But Don't Know What You're In The Mood For

• I'll Generally Go To Downtown Disney

• I'll Generally Go To Epcot/Epcot Resorts

• I'll Generally Go To Magic Kingdom/MK Resorts

• Never Happen, We Have PS's For Every Meal From Now 'Til 2007

• Don't Pigeon-Hole Me, I'll Eat When And Where I Like, Thank You

Results are only viewable after voting.
I often like to run down and grab some fish and chips from the UK in Epcot and bring them back up to the room. Still nice and piping hot and enjoy them on our balcony overlooking the Boardwalk and people watch.

I think the poll needed an "off site" option.
I voted for the "don't pigeon hole" option as it was the only one that roughly covered my prefered option, which is mostly off site. If we spend the whole day in the parks, then obviously we're going to eat at the parks or maybe travel to one of the resorts that are easily accessed from the park we are in ( BW/Y+BC/Swan/Dolphin from Epcot or GF/Poly/Contemp from MK). Of Disney hotels, the only restaurants I'm likely to use with any regularity, even if I'm not at a nearby park, are the Cape May Cafe and Boma's as both offer a great dining option that isn't available nearby for significantly less $$ .

I voted on the "don't pigeon-hole" option also since our pattern really wasn't there either. We pretty much go by "what are we in the mood for" at any given time. If we're in the mood for characters we try to get a PS for a breakfast or dinner with which characters we want to see near where we think we'll be(i.e. - Crystal palace if we think we'll be at MK and want to see Winnie the pooh or O'hana or Chef Mickey's if we want to see Mickey and will be at MK or if it's dinner we'll try for LTT -- same goes for if we think we'll be at Epcot in the Morning and want to see Chip-n-dale - we'll go to BC). If we are in the mood for Japanese or German for dinner we'll plan on heading to Epcot for the evening. If we'd rather have a nicer sit-down meal, we'll plan on either Citrico's at GF or Yachtsman at YC. So we really go by what we think we feel like having at any particular time. Since we don't always plan ahead of time (we do occassionally for the hard to get PS like Chef Mickey's) we usually try and come up with a back up or 2 as a 2nd choice when we call to get a seating (or do a walk-up). But for the most part, we're all over the Disney map;)

I voted for don't pigeon hole me because we tend to eat off-site more than on-site. We go to the Crossroads area and over to Bahama Breeze, etc. We always eat at Olivia's once and if we go to the parks then we'll eat there. We stay at OKW but when we go over to Boardwalk we'll eat there too. Even when we were going to the parks a lot, we still would go offsite to eat.

we love the espn wings and this past week us yankee fans were way out numbered there:cool:
we still enjoyed the wings and won the games we watched :cheer2: :cheer2:

lori

We're not very picky and normally eat at whatever restaurant is the closest when we get hungry. I don't make PS's so if we can get into a sit-down that's fine. If not, counter-service, suits us as well.

Our trip in just a few days will be our first as DVC owners so we plan to do breakfast in the villa with the exception of one buffet-type breakfast the morning we leave. We will have a late lunch/early dinner in the parks (our main meal of the day) and have a light dinner when we get back to the room.

I picked the "don't pigeon hole" choice as we do a wide variety.

We'll usually do breakfast in the room and grab a quick lunch at whatever park we are at. We do like to try different places and will usually have one PS made before we go. The rest of the time we just kind of play it by ear. We don't go offsite much.

Lori, I can't tell you how much I agree with your ESPN hot wings comment..... We just keep talking about them all the time since we've come back!

Too bad the game we watched there (Ohio State) was bad. :( But I think we ate our weight in wings!

I love the Crossroads area, too. Two of our favs: Golden Corrall (not at Crossroads but up the street on 535) and Chevy's Mexican rest. Yummmy!

Sherri :)

Our MUST do every trip is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Love that place. We also like the Epcot restaurants - we try to go somewhere new each time. We like Beaches and Cream for burgers and ice cream. We are generally open to anything. Off site we have tried the new Emeril's restaurant at the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal - very good! The restaurant options at universal city walk are better than Downtown Disney, IMO. I think that the Earl of Sanwich was a good addition, though.

Paying $10 more for the same cut of meat just because we're at the Boardwalk is enough to send us off-site to Outback;
If you are speaking of the Outback chain restaurant near WDW, I just have to point out that nothing could be farther from the truth. The Boardwalk restaurants that are known to serve an excellent steak: Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Shula's and Flying Fish serve a much, much, better cut of beef than what you can get at any Outback. True, the boardwalk restaurants are more pricey than a chain restaurant but their quality of food and service is also far above that of a chain restaurant.
I enjoy Outback steakhouses also, but do not find these restaurants to be anywhere near the same league, as the boardwalk area restaurants are.
If you are speaking of the Outback restaurant, which is not part of the chain and is located in a DTD hotel--their prices are basically the same for the same mea, as the boardwalk restaurants.

I enjoy Outback steakhouses also...
Really? I sure don't.

Does anyone else happen to think that Outback may be the single most overrated restaurant chain? Maybe in other parts of the country you get a better experience but here in Southern California my meals have left a lot to be desired. Been there three times with no luck.

Thx, Lori... sorry about the Yankees tonight, that is, of course, unless you're a Mets fan. :)

And yes, I loooooove Outback. Mmmmmm

Sherri :)

Originally posted by thelobstershanty
If you are speaking of the Outback chain restaurant near WDW, I just have to point out that nothing could be farther from the truth.
I did mean the Outback chain, and, of course, that's in your (humble) opinion ;) . To be honest, I long ago realized that I'm just not one of those folks who feels that there's value in the most expensive of meals. For example: Outback's Victoria Filet (9oz): $18.99 - Shula's Filet(12oz): $38.95. I've had both, and I just can't taste whatever others taste that justifies it costing more than twice as much for 3 oz more. Recently had dinner in Las Vegas with epicurian friends (American Bar and Grill, Rio) and the menu offered two kinds of steaks - Black Angus, and something called "Dry Aged" (news to me, my friend had heard of it) - "Dry Aged" cost $10-15 more for the same size of the same cut. We paid the premium, and while my friend waxed poetically that this was the best steak he'd ever had, to me it didn't taste that much better than Outback (or Lone Star, or Logan's Roadhouse, etc....) [Note: Had KOBE beef on that trip, too - also highly over-rated]. So when the entrees start hitting the heights of $30, $40, $50 and up, I head the other way.

Bringing this back on topic a bit, my feelings are the same - but even stronger - when it comes to WDW restaurants. With very few exceptions (for example, 'Ohana, which offers a fairly unique - and, IMHO, quite fun - dining experience, and Le Cellier - mmmm, cheese soup), I find Disney overpriced for what is offered. I feel that, by going off-site, I can find a meal that's just as satisfying for less money - and given resort.to.resort transportation, I might even get back to our room quicker afterwards.

IMHO - YMMV

After about 1.5 days of Disney food, we're sick of it. We'll eat in the parks when it is convenient, but we also like to eat many meals in the room.

The only exception is Fish and Chips at the Rose and Crown...we don't do PS's but we do go there at least once per trip. Oddly, in a city of great restaurants, Philly doesn't have a good version of the most plebian of English cuisine.

-Joe

I think our favorite place is Rainforest at Animal Kingdom.

We also love China, Germany, Mexico in Epcot. Love Whispering Canon Cafe (I think that's the proper name) in Wilderness Lodge. Beaches & Cream has great burger. Loved the Hoop de Doo Revue dinner.

Geeze, there are so many great places in Disney....we virtually only have breakfast in the room and then skip lunch and go straight to dinner.

Oddly, in a city of great restaurants, Philly doesn't have a good version of the most plebian of English cuisine.
There are PLENTY of English dishes that are definately a lot more plebian than fish and chips LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter