Where do stay on cash when you arrive late?

Paula H

Mouseketeer
Background: DH and the kids and I will be at BCV from Dec. 4 - 11. The best deal I could get on airfare was to arrive the day before - night, actually - our flight lands at 7 p.m. That's a Sat. night and would be a waste of points for us. Any suggestions re where to stay on cash, preferrably on site?? We're considering the AllStars (depending on when the cheerleaders arrive - that's another thread) or one of the moderates. I tried to convice DH that with all the money we're saving on the air we should spend the night at the Poly, but that didn't go over! Also, will the resorts help us transfer our luggage over to BCV? This will help with our decision re whether or not to rent a car for this trip. Thanks all.

Three options in order of how we would do it:

1. Look on Mousesavers and DIS home page for some special deals -- Swan and Dolphin often have some great bargains.

2. Stay at a value or moderate resort on property and let Disney transfer your luggage between resorts.

3. Use Expedia, Orbitz or similar site and just get something cheap.

We're staying at PoP on 12/9 before moving over to BCV on the 10th. We land after 8pm and we couldn't justify points cost for a Friday night.

We drive straight through and arrive late at night. Usually on a Sat so like you we want to save our points. We have stayed at ASMo and POR. DH didn't like either(resort snob ;) ) but for me for 1 night I like to save money but I just can't do the value resorts. No flames please, they are just not for us. I would say to stay at a Mod even if you don't get a discount, you're still not paying too much. Also, they will transfer your luggage for you.
In Nov we plan on PORfq for the first night, then 2 nights at BCV, and 4 nights BWV.

Pop Warner Superbowl is December 4 -10. Don't think I'd want to stay at any of the value resorts during that time,including the Saturday (12/3) right before it starts..

My advice is to stay somewhere near the airport that night and get an early start in the morning.

If you don't want to rent a car, choose one of the moderates. You'll get a good night's sleep and be the better for it, LOL!

Best wishes -

Has anyone confirmed they are now allowing groups to book at Pop Century? Meaning block rooms at a discount? If not then most likely the cheerleaders won't be there.. we loved Pop and would totally recommend it.

Paula H said:
Background: DH and the kids and I will be at BCV from Dec. 4 - 11. The best deal I could get on airfare was to arrive the day before - night, actually - our flight lands at 7 p.m. That's a Sat. night and would be a waste of points for us. Any suggestions re where to stay on cash, preferrably on site?? We're considering the AllStars (depending on when the cheerleaders arrive - that's another thread) or one of the moderates. I tried to convice DH that with all the money we're saving on the air we should spend the night at the Poly, but that didn't go over! Also, will the resorts help us transfer our luggage over to BCV? This will help with our decision re whether or not to rent a car for this trip. Thanks all.

I like Marriott Grande Vista. It is a timeshare resort and the rooms are nicer than DVC and the grounds gorgeous. The upside is that the cash rates are way cheaper than DVC cash rates. It is 1 mile or less from Seaworld. We paid $189/night for a 2 bedroom there last time. They have 2 great pool complexes, boat rentals, bike rentals and tons of activities for kids. The highlight is the indoor climbing center for kids. It was great. This place is worth a visit. We always take our weekends here and then move to DVC Resort for the Sunday to Thursday. Have a great trip.

DAVE

We recently decided to start our vacation a day early and drive down on Saturday (can leave about 9am and get there by 4pm) instead of get up real early on Sunday (around 4-5am). We also can justify the Weekend points for a night where we will just unwind from the trip. We booked a night at the Pop for $60 with a 30% military discount. It gets good reviews and it is only one night. Besides for that little money I'll try anything (DW and I are resort snobs too!).

If you do not want a value, I would recommend POFQ. Beautiful and relaxing resort.

We arrive late on NYE and have booked the Dolphin as they allow late checkout. Though I am still hoping for a discount on the Poly. ;)

I can't wait to get into the "Disney" feel as soon as possible, so every time I've come in the night before, I've stayed at the All-Stars and just spent a little time in the Food Court or gift shop. I think it would drive me crazy (OK, it's not far!) to be that close to WDW and not actually staying there.

Another vote in favor of staying at the airport. Why pay WDW prices if you aren't going to be there? This might also save money on the length of time you need the rental car. Find a nice hotel, let the kids swim, etc. Get up bright and early, then head out...and don't forget to stop somewhere on the way to pick up your bottled water, snacks, and stuff!

We will stay at ASM on Sat then move over to BCV. Had the same thing with airfare price. we had planed to drive but at $115 rt got to fly. If you want to use Magic Express. then you have to stay on disney. this doesn't include the dolphan or swan. We will use ME and the pick up the rental car at the Dolphin saving us mony on all the airport fees. and the first day rental. saving about $100 for my car rental.Hope this all helps you out.

Don't flame me, I've stayed in the AS Resorts & had wonderful experiences, just pray you don't run into a large, loosely supervised youth group. :scared: After my last trip, HRH 1st - AS Resorts, 2nd, it was hard not to unfavorably compare the two. I'm glad we had banked points to burn on our resale to allow us to stay @ BWV Saturday - it's a fluke, don't expect it to happen again. Good Luck.

flynavy... Don't forget to try Shades of Green. It can be hard to get reservations certain times of the year, but should be considered by anyone who is eligible.

B&G,

It is actually cheaper to stay at Pop than SOG. I am only paying $60 for POP instead of $95. Have done SOG before and it is great. We figured for one night we would save some money and try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter