Where do you buy your beads?

joha

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I'm new (very new) to crafting, I just completed my first necklace, and would like to know where do you buy your beads. The only places that I know are Michael's and JoAnn. Any suggestions for on line merchants?

Thanks! :)

I am also new to jewelry making. Thanks to the freebie thread, I found this website:

www.firemountaingems.com

You can find every bead you can imagine. You can also order a catalog. Very nice stuff.

artbeads does have good prices if you are not buying in major bulk. plus free shipping, no minimum order, and no tax! Those facts alone are why I've spent lots and lots of money there...LOL

yes i agree, artbeads is great. plus they have Hill Tribe silver.

stina :wave2:

found another new site, similar to artbeads, slightly different product mix.

www.fusionbeads.com

free shipping! :thumbsup2 also no minimum, and I haven't ordered yet, but probably no tax...

I too love Fire Mountain. Their prices seem to be the best too. They are always super nice and when I had a mistake with my order, they fixed it right away and let me keep the beads I got by accident.

I don't know where in Miami you are, but in Kendall there is a really nice bead boutique. They are not cheap, but they have really nice beads. :thumbsup2

lewdyan1 said:
I don't know where in Miami you are, but in Kendall there is a really nice bead boutique. They are not cheap, but they have really nice beads. :thumbsup2

Can you give me the name or addie of this place. A co-worker lives in that area and was just asking me yesterday if I new of any place in her area that sold "good" beads. Since I live in Broward I wasn't any help to her.

I also love artbeads and firemoutain.

TIA

It's called The Bead Boutique 8847 SW 132nd St (it is right near the Falls) .(305) 378-4129 They also offer classes.

Ebay, Ebay, Ebay... I can find everything I need and the prices are good. Some sellers only charge a dollar or two for shipping, and you can find custom beads.

Michael's, AC Moore and JoAnn's all put out coupons, so I take one with me every time I go. Can't beat 40-50% off!! :cool1:

Michaels, Fire Mountain (just received an order with a wrong bead, I ordered 4 mm and I received 12mm. I called, they said to keep the mistake and they're sending the correct ones right out) and a local bead shop (I'm in Broward County Florida)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter