Where exactly IS the TwoPalms cam located at?

Stepharoonie!

<font color=teal>NOTHING is scarier than Wilford B
For the first time, I finally got to see a live shot of the Wonder leaving Port Canaveral, then sail across the screen on the www.twopalms.com cam. Where exactly is this cam located? When you're on the ship, can you see the area the cam is? I know there is no way you can be seen on the cam, but I'd love to see what building/area it's located at.

Thanks! :Pinkbounc

I have e-mailed Jim, who runs the two palms cam, on several occasions, he told me that the cam is about one mail down from the port, and is not visible. I'm only guessing mind you, but as we were leaving the channel in August I kept looking to where I thought the angle of the cam shot was coming from, my guess would be that maybe it was coming from one of the buildings sitting back off the beach, maybe an apartment or condo??? Your guess is as good as mine however. Jim also told me the cam has a high powered zoom lens. So, the mystery continues.

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser!

I wonder if the normal person walking along the beach in that area would actually be able to find it. Sometimes it appears the people walking by on the beach are sort of close...then again, all the cruise ships that go by look HUGE!

One time a couple of months ago I captured people waving at the two palms cam. I e-mailed the photo to Jim, and told him that one of the people waving was talking on a cell phone. These people must have been walking along the beach talking and waving until some back home spotted them on the port cam. That's when Jim told me, that was the only way possible, as the cam is not visible from the beach, it is in a building of somekind. That's what led me to believe that it might be in Jim's home or place of business.

Originally posted by Verandah Man
I have e-mailed Jim, who runs the two palms cam, on several occasions, he told me that the cam is about one mail down from the port, and is not visible.

Is that letter sized mail or legal sized? :teeth:

O.K. Guys, one "MILE" from the port.

Fingers type faster than my brain (if I have one) thinks!!! :laughing:

:rotfl: :crazy2: :rotfl:

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make fun of you :) I can't multi-task, so if I'm listening to someone talk (or if I'm watching tv as I'm writing an email or something), then half the time what I hear is typed. I once sent a long Simpsons episode to a friend of mine without realizing it :) And since I work in a comic store, I happen to hear Smallville in the background (and a lot of Family Guy), and a lot of that conversation goes into company emails without me noticing :) I'm kinda silly like that :)

At any rate, I wonder why he's so secretive with the cam? I can understand that he prolly wouldn't want a bunch of people harrassing him all of the time when they found it, but it would still be very interesting to actually find it.

Hmm...maybe I could bring a bunch of balloons on board and let them go one at a time and see on the cam where I was:) Or, I could just run down to the beach and wave until someone sees me...but then, I'd prolly go to the looney bin. :) "Some chick is waving to NO ONE!"

Hehe :)

:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter