Where is Josh D'Amaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's resolved like this Disney Security to reddit, hey can you give us the IP address of post 123456 someone was making threats, Sure Disney the IP is 1.2.3.4 and is from RandomISP, Disney calls RandomISP can you give us the personal details of the user from 13-1400 UTC using 1.2.3.4 they were making threats, Now we are down to the person and we do a quick background check find out who they are working for, and finally Disney calls that person's HR department and they get sacked.

Privacy and anonymity on the net is well and truly dead.
That’s not how it works at all.

Honestly I think they want both, but the more they can bump people to being higher spenders, they will. The timeshares aren't exactly cheap anyway so they are already bigger spenders. The upsels are definitely a big part of the strategy to get more dollars from every guest. If it wasn't working though they wouldn't do it.
I really hope the after hours/before hours events are cut for the foreseeable future coming out of covid. It’s the most obnoxious thing to be cut park hours so they can charge extra for it. But then again, if they weren’t making money from it, it wouldn’t be offered.

I really hope the after hours/before hours events are cut for the foreseeable future coming out of covid. It’s the most obnoxious thing to be cut park hours so they can charge extra for it. But then again, if they weren’t making money from it, it wouldn’t be offered.

I like events, but they did go overboard with them - there were quite frankly too many party nights at MK in the September to December window. They also need to make sure other parks are open late to accommodate.

I like events, but they did go overboard with them - there were quite frankly too many party nights at MK in the September to December window. They also need to make sure other parks are open late to accommodate.
Get used to it. It's probably the new norm coming out of Covid. A lot of changes they have wanted to do are happening now. It's all about the bottom line now

I like the idea of the holiday ones (I did the Halloween one when I was super young, but I remember it being fun) but doing so every other night at magic kingdom is pretty excessive. I also don’t think having the magic kingdom open until 11 during the summer most every night is that big of an ask. But I guess if you can charge people extra between the hours of 8 and 12, then you do it

Get used to it. It's probably the new norm coming out of Covid. A lot of changes they have wanted to do are happening now. It's all about the bottom line now
It’s always been about the bottom line. Disney is a business, not a charity.

Most businesses are not a charity. Disney lately is pushing for the higher spending guest then every where before.
They were doing that because the parks were too full. That was the number one complaint on here for a long time. If you have too many guests, you raise prices until the numbers go down to where you want them.

They were doing that because the parks were too full. That was the number one complaint on here for a long time. If you have too many guests, you raise prices until the numbers go down to where you want them.
Believe what you want but why have so many said Disney in doing things they have always wanted to do and using Covid as an excuse. I can list a few things.

Paid FP coming most likely
Limiting APs when they do come back.

As much as it is lowering how many guests are in the parks, it's also about getting more money from each guest.

Believe what you want but why have so many said Disney in doing things they have always wanted to do and using Covid as an excuse. I can list a few things.

Paid FP coming most likely
Limiting APs when they do come back.

As much as it is lowering how many guests are in the parks, it's also about getting more money from each guest.
APs are still around at WDW. They were cancelled at Disneyland.

Changes to FP are coming.

neither of those are related to my comment.

Sure if you want to run your brand into the ground, its a great idea to price out all those customers.

Here’s the problem in a nutshell, OLC sees their Disney parks as entertainment and understands that their parks need to be fresh and have a large number of regular customers. Disney sees the parks as a aspirartional luxury brand which attract well heeled consumers and social media ‘influencers’ who will eat ramen noodles morning noon and night for 9 months to buy the Coach handbag or Disney vacation these are the people making the ‘unboxing’ videos of the Coach handbag or the planning steps for Disney

I think the main issue some of us are having is that there are many different ways to deal with crowds. You're right - one way is to jack the ticket price so that way fewer people can attend.

But, there other ways that still allow the average person to attend the parks and which won't alienate your fan base. Build more attractions than the current 1 or 2 a year in order to spread crowds out, for one. Increase the footprint of each park with more pathways, greenspace and relaxation zones so that guests aren't funneled into pinch points. Extend park hours into the wee hours of the morning like the glory days of the 90s. Fully staff/run and properly maintain ride vehicles to maximize through-put and minimize wait times.

None of us will argue that Disney is a business and is profit driven. It's just a matter of whether or not they are also driven by guest satisfaction anymore.

If their goal is to appeal to big spenders, I'd say they're doing a pretty horrible job of it, though. If I've got a ton of money to put down on a vacation, I'm not going to be shelling it out for a mediocre theme park experience that's a shell of what it could be. For the same price, a luxury cruise in Europe or an all-inclusive visit to some wonders of the world in Asia seem a lot more appealing.

I maintain that Josh and whomever else is in charge of parks experiences have dropped the ball in a major way. It doesn't really matter if he's nice to CM's (sorry, I know that sounds harsh). It matters if your guests are having a good time.

my mom and grandma had booked a small yacht (25 people) for a month long cruise in Greece. That was I believe around $19k. I can’t imagine Disney being able to offer anything as exclusive or long as that and it cost anything close to that amount.

I’ve known some extremely wealthy people that do Disney world with their kids and they do tour guide for a day or two and they are done, that’s their once in a lifetime trip. They don’t even stay on Disney property, they go to the Four Season or rent a large home. I can’t imagine them doing an extended stay in epcot when they have the money to go to real Italy or France or Japan with stays at 4* hotels.

I think the main issue some of us are having is that there are many different ways to deal with crowds. You're right - one way is to jack the ticket price so that way fewer people can attend.

But, there other ways that still allow the average person to attend the parks and which won't alienate your fan base. Build more attractions than the current 1 or 2 a year in order to spread crowds out, for one. Increase the footprint of each park with more pathways, greenspace and relaxation zones so that guests aren't funneled into pinch points. Extend park hours into the wee hours of the morning like the glory days of the 90s. Fully staff/run and properly maintain ride vehicles to maximize through-put and minimize wait times.

None of us will argue that Disney is a business and is profit driven. It's just a matter of whether or not they are also driven by guest satisfaction anymore.

Or...have an actual capacity with reasonable ticket prices, which would in theory drive those who couldnt get in to less desirable dates and also boost the guest satisfaction of those who arent overcrowded, making them more likely to return.

my mom and grandma had booked a small yacht (25 people) for a month long cruise in Greece. That was I believe around $19k. I can’t imagine Disney being able to offer anything as exclusive or long as that and it cost anything close to that amount.

I’ve known some extremely wealthy people that do Disney world with their kids and they do tour guide for a day or two and they are done, that’s their once in a lifetime trip. They don’t even stay on Disney property, they go to the Four Season or rent a large home. I can’t imagine them doing an extended stay in epcot when they have the money to go to real Italy or France or Japan with stays at 4* hotels.

What you are describing is a true luxury experience and i’d love to do something like that for our extended family, We sold our DVC and bought a cessna so some vacations now begin with ‘tower cessna 772 ready for departure runway 18’ with brakes set and with engine run up to takeoff power. Just waiting to hear cessna 772 cleared for departure on runway 18 but now we can go to amazing places only accessible by air or a really long off road trip.

But I still miss getting on a southwest flight direct to MCO with other families getting ready to go to Disney, the flight attendants making us laugh with pointed jokes aimed at the flight crew and guests. The flight attendant explaining difference between call button and light ‘buuuuulllllllllbbbbbbbb’ expanding bulb into a whole sentence by itself,

one of the joys of Disney its a communal experience. The Cessna very much a intimate experience with no naughtyness implied. Just anyone whose ever been in one will understand....

Last edited:
Or...have an actual capacity with reasonable ticket prices, which would in theory drive those who couldnt get in to less desirable dates and also boost the guest satisfaction of those who arent overcrowded, making them more likely to return.

Precisely, what Disney should have done is created a fully realized 5th gate for star wars including the classics as well as the new characters. But in true disney fashion they put together two half baked SWL’s without many of the things people wanted to see like Mos Eisley and the cantina, Or how about a ride based on flying a x wing out of the base at Yavin, or a speeder bike ride through endor (flight of passage mechanism anyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter