where is the best place to stay for the money?

morganboyz

Earning My Ears
where is the best place to stay for the money. we will be traveling my wife & i, our two boys, my mother in law and my parents. we are looking for something that will house us all so we don't have to book mulitple rooms. Also would like some activities for the kids. Would like to be somewhat close to wdw so we don't have to drive real far. Thanks:pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi there,

I believe the Quality Suites Maingate East offers 2 bedroom-2 bath Suites.
It can accomadate up to 10 people. I am not sure about the price, and I have
never stayed there. Just a suggestion for such a large group.
Hope this helps.
Tracycd

Hi,

Welcome to the Dis!

Boy, you are brave!. Are you sure you want to share with all your relatives, LOL?

First of all, when are you going to Disney? If you are planning a trip during a holiday, you will pay premium price for a 2 br 2 bath unit. Sometimes, it is cheaper to get two connecting rooms in some hotels.

For the most room, renting a house or condo is your best bet and may be cheaper in the long run than staying at a hotel.

My hotel suggestions in the Lake Buena Vista area are Vistana Resort and Vistana Villages both by Sheraton. Summerfield Suites trio unit by Wyndham and a Residence Inn LBV or the new Residence Inn at Seaworld (which just opened, I believe). Marriott website has a special intro rates on the new RI at SW. I like RI and have stayed at the LBV location. Some of their units have two br with 2 queens each and l pullout couch in the lr plus free bkfst. All of these units are within a l0 min drive of Epcot and MGM. MK and AK are gonna be a little longer drive.

If you need more ideas, ask.

Herc.

OK, with a crew like this I want a few things for sure....private baths for the adults and some room to spread out......I would suggest going to vrbo.com...here you will find over 500 homes and condos for rent in the Disney area...look for a 4 bedroom 3 bath...email the owner and negotiate a price.....rentals are way down and I would offer the low season price no matter when you go..also remember pool heat is extra and YOU WILL NEED POOL HEAT, unless you are there the very hot summer months, and even then it is chilly without heat...so plan on pool heat....also shop for the amentities....look for king beds, TVs in most bedrooms....almost all of these houses will be within 10 to 15 minutes of Disney.....there are NONE Closer, no matter what you hear......good luck....there are lots of big companies that will rent you homes, but we really have enjoyed the owners only site because prices are lower and very personable dealing with them, I would think you could find a very nice for 90 to 110 night for 4br 3 bath....good luck....Ted

Two-Two bedrooms or a 1 and 2 bedroom at a timeshare. If going offseason try SkyAuction and ReadySetGo. No Auction involved as I booked a 2BR at the end of April for $299 (includes tax).

Gees, no offence intended but I'd like some space from my parents and in-laws (and I do like them).

I see someone has already mentioned vrbo.com. WE have booked many condos through this site without any problems. Look around as prices vary a lot with the same perks. We are going in July (5 of us) with my mom, sister, and neice (8 of us total). WE are renting a 5 bedroom condo with 2 master bedrooms and a private pool for $650/week. How's that for a deal? Originally, it was $950 plus $100 for cleaning fee plus tax. I passed on it as I was looking for something a little more inexpensive. The owner wrote back and offered $650 inclusive of all fees!! Some houses/condos also have playgrounds for the kids etc. WE are 8 miles away from Disney and will be able to see the fireworks from the pool (3 miles away as the crow flies). It will make it difficult to go to our room in the afternoon but I think the price was well worth the inconvience. In fact, we were going to just go for 1 week but changed it to 2 since we got a good price! (keep in mind you would also have all your linens/pots and pans/TV,vcr, cable/ washer and dryer/etc right there). Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter