Where to buy WDW tickets when renting a DVC villa thru David's rentals etc?

zag1995

Earning My Ears
We are looking at options for coming to WDW for our first visit in July 2020. Right now, we are looking at staying at BW Villas in either a 2 bd villa with our friends, or a 1 bd villa by ourselves if families need space.

Regarding the tickets- we could buy them thru DVC REntals (David's rentals) or could add them on via Costco, as we are also buying a package to attend US Orlando prior to our Disney stay.

So our Universal Orlando package allows us to add tickets to the package thru Costco- which we could start after our US Orlando visit is done.

What have people done in the past? How do you link them into your Magic Band, etc? Are there issues? It looks like the pricing is a bit cheaper thru Costco, but want to be sure that there won't be any hangups and am concerned about that, as the magic bands etc are a new thing (we live on the West Coast and have been to DL a few times).

Thanks for the recommendations!

We have also used Undercovertourist and have never had an issue with them. I would check the prices at Costco vs. Undercovertourist. Make sure you are comparing the same pricing though, as some sites display the ticket price only and others display the ticket price with tax included.

Once you get the ticket from Undercovertourist, you just go into MDE and link that ticket to your account.

The magic bands will come as part of your BW Villas stay. Once your Resort reservation and your tickets are tied to your MDE account, you will be all set. You will be able to use your magic band at your resort and also to get into the parks.

Another Undercover Tourist endorsement from me. We've used them multiple times (and rented points multiple times) with no problem.
If I can't get the resort/room I want thru renting points, and get the room directly from Disney, I usually still get my tickets from UT.

DVC Rental Store offers tickets if you book with them. Otherwise, I like Undercover Tourist as others have mentioned.

If your company participates, look into Plum Benefits. I found that the discount is slightly better than Undercover Tourist's.

We've also used UT several time with not issues. I've also gotten discount gift cards through Target (5% off with Red Card) and used those to buy our park tickets.

I've used undercover tourist multiple times- they have always been cheaper than what was offered through my work. I opt to have them emailed to me and usually get the email within an hour or 2. Once I get the email, I link the tickets to my Disney experience. I've never had any issues.

If you sign up for Mousesavers' monthly newsletter, the Undercover Tourist discounts are even a bit better. Also, if you use TouringPlans, you can check on different ticket prices through their website if you are registered.

We usually get tickets from Undercover Tourist. Tickets at Work is also legit if you or someone in your party has that benefit through work
We have Tickets at Work and I have always found Undercover Tourist a better option for us. The main reason is that they are refundable up until the time you activate the tickets. Our receptionist had to do just that when she had to cancel her trip due to a medical issue.

Just to make you aware, all two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs. Meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom. So the studio will have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and one bunk sized murphy bed. The one bedroom side will have one king bed in the master bedroom and one queen sleeper sofa in the living room.

I recently found out that my workplace has a discount system called www.workingadvantage.com. The WDW tickets on there seem to be pretty decently priced.

My job also has Working Advantage and I’ve never seen their prices for WDW tickets beat out Undercover Tourist or Parksavers...I just checked this morning for 5 day hoppers and they were about $30 more than the other sites. Where WA is good is for special event tickets, I find. After Hours tickets are generally cheapest there, unless you have an AP. But dates are sometimes limited.

My job also has Working Advantage and I’ve never seen their prices for WDW tickets beat out Undercover Tourist or Parksavers...I just checked this morning for 5 day hoppers and they were about $30 more than the other sites. Where WA is good is for special event tickets, I find. After Hours tickets are generally cheapest there, unless you have an AP. But dates are sometimes limited.
Good to know. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter