• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat on NYE

rwebbirish

<font color=green>Has the luck of the Irish!<br><f
Now that our final day came through for our waitlist (12/31), I thought I would check with the experts on where to eat for NYE.
Any thoughts??? This is our first NYE stay and am looking for opinions as to where we should eat. Trying to decide between MGM and Epcot for the fireworks.
Thanks for any advice!

We did epcot for the Millenium NYE, and it was outstanding...however dinner reservations where hard to come by....we went to member services over by spaceship earth first thing in the morning, and waited around a few minutes for priority seating ressies to open up at diffrent places....we ehre able to get nine dragons for lunch, and Le cellier for dinner

New Year's Eve 2001 we made a PS for San Angel Inn for lunch and then grazed at the counter service places around the World Showcase for dinner. This worked out well for us, since there was so much going on that we didn't want to miss that might have interfered with a relaxed dinner.

I lean toward Doctor P's thinking. Unless you would like to use meal time to take a rest, there is so much happening that counter service grazing is one way to go on NYE. The parks will be VERY crowded (but also a lot of fun).

We ate at Teppanyaki in Japan last NYE and it was great, but had an hour wait even with PS. Make sure you have something arranged because it is very crowded in all parks. There is also a dinner buffet and live music in Epcot(between UK and Canada) that sounded nice , it also had live music and stuff for the kids. We might do that this year. 10/2 is 90 days out for NYE, so plan on a PS at the park you are going to for the day. Park hopping is not recommended on that day because you may get closed out if a park reaches capacity(MK did last year and you could not enter even if you are resort guest or if you had a PS in the park). Pick your park and stay the day.
Connears

Connears - We were thinking of doing the rock & Roll buffet that you are talking about too but haven't heard anything yet. people are saying that disney might not be doing it this year because at this time last year disney aready had this posted. So now I am leaning towards Teppanyaki 's. I'm glad to hear u had a good time. If you don't mind could u tell me what time you made your ps for and if this worked out for u. Thanks, Gina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter