• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to get food near Aulani

Torisjavamom

Earning My Ears
1. Literally across the street there is - Starbucks, Island Coffee, a taco place and Egg place, a poke place. There is also an ice cream place.
2. ABC store is in the complex too. They have main grocery ingredients and full liquor store with spirits, wine and beer. We got addicted to a premade cosmo that was $12 for two full glasses. Fill up out hydro flask and off to the pool we go.
3. Monkey pods. It was eh. My hubby is keto and I’m dairy free so not a lot to choose from. Drinks were pricy so and it was lunch so we skipped. We got a reservation that day.
4. Roy’s at the golf course across the street. Amazing food & service. We absolutely loved it and will return for lunch later this week. Hubby has the butterfish and said he can’t describe it but it was delicious. I had Colorado lamb and it was with hoisin sauce & puréed banana. It was super delicious.
5. We couldn’t get a reservation for the on-site buffet at Aulani Makahika. That being said we decided to try going at opening 7:00 am for breakfast and bingo we got in. It was really good. Pastry basket, fresh fruit. I had moco loco and hubby had Kailua pig omelet. Both great and really filling. It was our anniversary so we got a mini cake.
6. Mina’s Fish House - the four season is literally on the right side of Aulani. There is a walking pathalong the beach that you can walk straight on over to Minas. We did happy hour with a reservation at 4:00. Warning. Only happy hour food served at that time. Dinner isn’t until 5 and you can only sit at the table 90 mins. Although there is reduced drink prices the food portions are super small. Our bill came to $200. Would have preferred dinner for that price. I did have 6 oysters and my hubby and I had 2 rounds of drinks.
7. NOE. Again at the four seasons. Really nice restaurant. Drinks at bar when you check in we’re ridiculously expensive. $60 for 2 yikes. The bread here is soft and delicious. I had the ahi appetizer and loved it and I had a pasta dish. Little too salty for my taste. Hubby has the burrata and loved it. Said it wasn’t a big portion.

1. Literally across the street there is - Starbucks, Island Coffee, a taco place and Egg place, a poke place. There is also an ice cream place.
Also Pizza Corner! They will deliver to Aulani or you can dine on or carry out. We thought it was pretty good, but a good portion for the price and gave us leftovers for lunch the next day. Also recommend the garlic knots!

3. Monkey pods. It was eh. My hubby is keto and I’m dairy free so not a lot to choose from. Drinks were pricy so and it was lunch so we skipped. We got a reservation that day.
We loved Monkeypod! They used to offer a good happy hour mid-day and later at night. I'm not sure if its still offered, but drink and appetizer prices were much more reasonable during happy hour.

I'd also suggest checking out the Marriott's dining options. I haven't been keeping up with what they have open there, but there were a couple good spots there as well.

We have loved happy hour at Roy’s, sitting on the deck at the 18th hole watching the golfers come in…can be amusing at times!

2. ABC store is in the complex too. They have main grocery ingredients and full liquor store with spirits, wine and beer. We got addicted to a premade cosmo that was $12 for two full glasses. Fill up out hydro flask and off to the pool we go.
4. Roy’s at the golf course across the street. Amazing food & service. We absolutely loved it and will return for lunch later this week. Hubby has the butterfish and said he can’t describe it but it was delicious. I had Colorado lamb and it was with hoisin sauce & puréed banana. It was super delicious.
5. We couldn’t get a reservation for the on-site buffet at Aulani Makahika. That being said we decided to try going at opening 7:00 am for breakfast and bingo we got in. It was really good. Pastry basket, fresh fruit. I had moco loco and hubby had Kailua pig omelet. Both great and really filling. It was our anniversary so we got a mini cake.
6. Mina’s Fish House - the four season is literally on the right side of Aulani. There is a walking pathalong the beach that you can walk straight on over to Minas. We did happy hour with a reservation at 4:00. Warning. Only happy hour food served at that time. Dinner isn’t until 5 and you can only sit at the table 90 mins. Although there is reduced drink prices the food portions are super small. Our bill came to $200. Would have preferred dinner for that price. I did have 6 oysters and my hubby and I had 2 rounds of drinks.
7. NOE. Again at the four seasons. Really nice restaurant. Drinks at bar when you check in we’re ridiculously expensive. $60 for 2 yikes. The bread here is soft and delicious. I had the ahi appetizer and loved it and I had a pasta dish. Little too salty for my taste. Hubby has the burrata and loved it. Said it wasn’t a big portion.

i remember Island Coffee but not Starbucks. Perhaps it was in one of the hotels ???

There is a Starbucks in the complex now, and the taco place is permanently closed (or at least that’s what we were told two weeks ago).

if you have a car, be sure to check out a couple of the more local places in Kapolei, just a short drive from Aulani. Koa Pancake House (coconut syrup on Mac nut pancakes) and Aloha Salads are two of our favorites.

Grilled seafood platter at Mina's Fish House. I dream about this dish at least once a month.

if you want to spend less money but at the expense of the Hawaiian feel there is an Outback Steakhouse not far away that charges reasonable prices compared to most Hawaii food

Is Monkeypod taking reservations? Thanks!
They used to take reservations through Open Table, but I know a fairly recent poster here said they were showing no availability on Open Table for the duration of their trip. When we were there a few years back, we were able to book same day reservations at our choice of time, so it makes me think they've perhaps temporarily suspended Open Table reservations in the current environment. Worth checking closer to your trip though!

Thank you!!!!

They used to take reservations through Open Table, but I know a fairly recent poster here said they were showing no availability on Open Table for the duration of their trip. When we were there a few years back, we were able to book same day reservations at our choice of time, so it makes me think they've perhaps temporarily suspended Open Table reservations in the current environment. Worth checking closer to your trip though!

If you have a car to go into Kapolei, there's a great Japanese BBQ place called Gyu-Kaku. It's in the same center as Target. Also, not really near Aulani, but if you're on the North Shore our favorite place is Seven Brothers. They have the best burgers. We make a point of going there on every trip.

Just checked in today and went to happy hour at Monkey Pod. For the 2 of us the wait was only 20 minutes.

We went over to Island Vintage Coffee many of our mornings for their amazing açaí bowls and Island lattes. Sometimes my DH would also pick up a hot breakfast sandwich at the ABC Store. Those açaí bowls are what I dream about when thinking of our return to Hawaii.
197B1C85-696A-4AFA-8A55-00FEEB2595C9.jpegFE0B7D92-716E-41A1-92B3-77FA845A3920.jpeg

Did you actually eat at Just Tacos? We were there two weeks ago, and it looked permanently closed? Perhaps they reopened?

They are permanently closed. They did not survive the shutdown. We went into Kapolei most days to find food. They have a good variety and it is a very close drive. Plus the prices are much more reasonable then anything in the resort area. We tried the Pizza place last trip and neither of us liked it. We ate 1 piece each and threw the rest away. We call it cardboard pizza.

They are permanently closed. They did not survive the shutdown. We went into Kapolei most days to find food. They have a good variety and it is a very close drive. Plus the prices are much more reasonable then anything in the resort area. We tried the Pizza place last trip and neither of us liked it. We ate 1 piece each and threw the rest away. We call it cardboard pizza.

That’s what we thought when we walked by… It looked closed closed. I’m excited about the new Poke place taking the Hawaiian BBQ site, but it hadn’t opened yet when we walked by. We walked into that pizza place as well and walked back out after a couple minutes. We were happy with the BBQ chicken pizza at Ulu (pineapple on the side), poke from the Island Country store, and poke from Foodland was so good!😋

I called Monkeypod because I couldn’t find an open reservation and their recording stated that they were accepting walk-ins only at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter