Where to get good coffee?

Disneylovers said:
OMG!!!! NO STARBUCKS!!!! How will DD survive??? No, seriously, this is going to be an issue for us! DD has to have her frappachino every morning! Last year when we were at WDW, someone here on the boards told us the Hilton had a Starbucks, so we hoofed it over there, hoping to get a few bottles (they only made them "fresh" and we didn't have a fridge in our room at CSR, so she had to "suffer", it wasn't pretty!). She has already asked where the closest one will be when we stay at the Candy Cane in July. So, don't be surprised is you see a post "where's the closest grocery store?" so we can buy enough to last for our trip. :wave2:

Caramel Frappachinos ARE my favorite! I will get one on our way out of town and that will probably be it for the week.

...desperation sometimes sets in! We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove. I found a Starbucks in the lobby of a nearby hotel really near (I want to say the Hyatt.) And yes, I am another PNW'er (Washington) and was craving a caramel frap... The only thing bad is that location had limited hours. The first time I went, they were closed already for the day, so I had to come back the next day.

Here's the address:
11999 Harbor Blvd.
Garden Grove, CA

I am sure there are probably more locations, but this one is for sure!

Oh man, I can not let DD see this thread! We are traveling to CA for an ice skating competition, and one of the hotels offering discounts for the competitors is the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove! I decided to be closer to DL, so we're in Anaheim. If she finds out there would be a Starbucks (and her caramel fraps) I may not hear the end of it!! So, shhhhhhh, it's our secret! :rolleyes1

How's the coffee at The Coffee House at DLH? We'll be staying there in November and I get a bit desperate if I can't get my coffee.

challada said:
As a fellow PNWer, I can understand the desperate need for Starbucks, but, drats, there is not one anywhere near (walking distance)...I have often wondered about opening a franchise myself down there and making big bucks!

As far as really good coffee...No, there is NONE in the immediate DL vicinity. :guilty:

As far as warm black water that I'm willing to drink: LaBrea's at the park entrance is decent (does make Lattes...I had a couple a day there). The small bakery on Main Street (right before Carnations but can't remember it's name) also has decent coffee in the park (the ONLY one).

I remember Mimi's not being great and hotels all having the old giant drip machines.

If you have any canned stuff you can take with you, DO IT! :love:

Starbucks doesn't franchise! If they did, I would own about 50! sigh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter