Where to get "Official Guest" name badges

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
:D :D I recall reading a thread about these name badges you can get for the kids with their names on them. Where can you purchase them? Is there somewhere in Downtown Disney to get them since we will be there the first evening of our trip and would like to get them before we enter the parks the next day. Thanks for helping me. :D :D

Yes, the Christmas store in DTD carries the Guest of Honor badges. You can also order them ahead of time from www.giftsofalifetime.com and have them delivered to you prior to your trip.

Yup--The Christmas Store at DTD. You have to go all the way to the back of the store where they do engraving/monogramming. We just got one for DS in January and I think it was $5 or $6

Thanks for the info. We will hit the Christmas Store in DTD on our first night so the kids will have them all week. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am newbie here and I love all of the incredible tips and stories. My family and I will be returning to WDW on 3/14 and I had heard about the name tags & thought you could only get them at MGM. I am now less stressed that I have more options (want the 2 DDs to have them the whole week. Thanks!!

I ordered ours from giftsofalifetime.com before we went and didn't have to worry about getting them when we arrived. The kids wore them from the minute we got there and alot of CM's acknowledged them by name.

DS8 caught on pretty quickly as to why the CM's were using his name and would get a bit flustered. I don't think DS3 caught on at all....he would just give the CM a really cute look as if to say "how did you know my name". It was priceless.

WHO SAID JUST THE KIDS GET THE GUEST OF HONOR BADGES. I WORE MINE AND ENJOYED ALL THE SPECIAL ATTENTION TOO. MY KIDS THOUGHT MOM MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY SPECIAL FOR THE CAST MEMBERS TO KNOW MY NAME TOO. I DECIDED TO GET MYSELFT ONE AFTER BEING ADDRESSED BY MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTERS NAME ( I WAS WEARING HER LANYARD... ALL THOSE PINS WERE "TOO HEAVY" FOR HER)

We always get the GOH badges at DD. There is an open-air store that sells plush, and toys, on your way to RFC, and you don't have to wait like you do at the Christmas Store! ;)

Thanks disneyfan551 for another great suggestion. Another quick question about them. Do they have some already engraved with more common names on them, or do you have to have them all engraved? Is this open air store on the Marketplace side? We have never been to DTD and I want to get my bearings straight before we get there. Thanks so much.:D

THE STORE AT MGM HAS PRE- ENGRAVED BADGES.BUT IF YOU HAVE AN UNUSUAL NAME OR SPELLING IT ONLY TOOK ABOUT 5 MINUTES FOR THEM TO ENGRAVE ONE FOR MY NIECE.

My DS has a slightly unusal name (but becoming more common) and they were able to engrave it for me, while I waited, in about 3 minutes.

The open-air store did have some with names on them, but they would also engrave them within a few minutes. I just find them to be more convenient, because I always seem to get stuck in a huge line at the Christmas Store (when we get Christmas ornaments engraved... :rolleyes: ).

When you park in DD, you will walk into the Marketplace, and turn to the right, walking towards the RFC. The shop is right behind the miniature train set that is set up for kids to ride.

Good luck!:)

We ordered ours from giftsofalifttime.com. As my son and I have to have our engraved. And we wanted to have ours before we went. :p

Since I am very cheap...does anyone know the price differance between getting them at the Christmas Store and getting them from Gifts of a Lifetime?

thanks

Hey! This is so cool and new to me! I can't wait to get to DTD on our arrival night and get them for my girls. I'm a bargain hunter too - I'd love to know the price difference! Can't wait - 50 days!!!

We just got back from a week at WDW. The first thing we did was to go to DTD to The Christmas store and get the Guest of Honor name tags. They cost $5 each but the enjoyment we got from them was priceless. Everywhere we went, CMs would call us by name. The first day we went to AK and "Wes Palm" the talking tree rolled right up, calling the girls by name and had a long conversation with them. Many of their autographs were made out to them. It was great!! Of course, I had one too. I had people asking me directions at the parks, when parades were going to start, best places to sit, etc!!! It was hilarious! The best one, though, was when I was moving thru a line to catch up with my family. Most people were parting like the Red Sea, but this one guy wasn't really budging 'til his wife elbowed him and goes, "Geez, move would ya! She works here". 'Course, I responded, "Thank you, sir. I really appreciate it." and moved on!! If you're undecided about getting the name tags, trust me. It is well worth it!

I want one. I think I'll wait to buy one at DD since shipping is a bit high on the gifts site.

there is a big shipping charge for the badge - $8 or $9 I believe. Thats more than one badge costs.... just to let you know

Originally posted by splashmt
there is a big shipping charge for the badge - $8 or $9 I believe. Thats more than one badge costs.... just to let you know

I just checked the site. The badge is 6.95 and regular ground shipping was listed as 9.95.

My DH just talked to his Mother and she is going on a Disney Cruise in December and she said while she was at WDW she would get the family Guest of Honor badges. It is nice when Disney Fever runs in the family. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter