where to go for that ONE FAB meal?

PoohGal

Earning My Ears
Hi gang. I am a newbie, but I do love this site. Wish I had known about it earlier. Here's the deal. We frequent DW a lot. But, usually we go all out and eat out all the time. This time we are going to do most of our meals in the cabin at FW. I have decided on one (or two) splurges for a couple of meals. I have three girls, 10, 6, and 18 months. And I will have my mother-in-law with me to help, because my husband will be conventioning most of the time. Where do you think we eat? I love the character breakfasts,especially Pooh at FW Lodge, but I was sort of thinking of doing a dinner or maybe a late lunch. I want something fun and not too high brow. Good food, of course. We had a great time at The Prime Time Cafe at MGM, but I was hoping to try something new.We have annual passes, so we could try anything if anyone would give me some suggestions. We haven't been to AK very many times and we have only tried the RainForest Cafe, so if anyone thought something was fabulous there, I would be "game." The whole point of us not eating out that often is that the baby just gets so worn out and is not a "stroller sleeper" so we are going to eat while she naps and then go back out. So, I welcome any suggestions. Like I said, since we are only eating out a few times, I want the most bang for the buck, if that's possible. Thank you!!!!:)

I may not be able to help but I would consider posting this on the restaurant board. I think you will get a lot of responses there!! I have received some terrific tips from those that frequent that board. Best of luck to you and your family!!!

CatOne

Disnee Dad Says...........................................................You might try 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian for dinner, the food was very good. We saw several characters. And we had a great time. Because, when Captain Hook came by, I told him he was the star of Peter Pan!! They should have named it Captain's Hook adventure!! Then Smee came by and no one in our area knew who he was!! So I said "Hey Smee come over here, you got to know the truth! I told him that Captain Hook didn't run the show, if not for Smee, there would be no Hook!! Had a great time, but ten minutes later both Hook and Smee show up at our table!! I thought I was a goner! As they were pointing and waving, the Beast from Beauty and the Beast showed up and saved my hide!!! I was stunned, that they could come up with that plan in ten minutes!!.
If you like seafood then Cape May Buffet is it. No description needed, seafood at it's best.
At Norway in Epcot I would try thier restaurant, because it is getting good reviews on most boards.

Thank you! don't you just love it when the characters add that little extra to crack you up? We were so hot at the WL for breakfast one morning and Eeyore kept taking one of the girls fans and blowing his underarms. It was so stupid but just so funny. Then he started blowing everyone else's underarms and, anyway, it was so funny.
Thanks for the suggestions. We have not been to 1900 except fot a breakfast once, so maybe that'll be it. We LOVED Cape May- it was just amazing. My husband is from Hilton Head and is a seafood expert and we were both in heaven. Even he was impressed. I just remeber waddling out of there feeling like I was going to explode at any minute.
Keep any other suggestions coming!!!

SIX MORE DAYS!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at the 50's Prime Time at MGM. Unless you and your kids are big fish eaters, I would not personally recommend the Norwegian restaurant in Epcot.

I say try Garden Grill at the Land. I was pleasantly surprised. We ate there this past Thursday. Food was excellent, steak melted in our mouths, fried fish was very fresh, desert which was included, was the best all week. And the characters were the best we encountered all week. Very cute, personable, and clever. We loved it here, and will definitely eat there again!

Another vote for CAPE MAY CAFE at the Y&B Club. The buffet is unbelievable. Seafood is wonderful and there are plenty of other choices for the kids. They even have a kids only buffet area. The price can't be beat. We had a reservation for our first night there last year and enjoyed it so much that went back again for our last night!

I suggest you check you check the menus at http://www.wdwig.com/contents.htm .
With all the changes and cutbacks in Disney there have been a lot of changes. WL no longer has a character breakfast and GF no longer has villians meals. I suggest Chief Mickey's. I was not impressed with Cape May. Although it's not a character meal Mama Melrose in MGM studios has good food and is reasonable priced.

wow- that's a shame about the wl breakfast. i really enjoyed that one. we too like the cape may and the prime time. i think we will either do hollywood and vine, the land, or maybe boma's. i am a little iffy on boma's but maybe we can go and look at it one day and then eat there the next.
We've done Cape May and Chef Mickey's and Prime Time so we aren't going to those this time. I am trying for new and exciting. We tend to eat the same places usually.
tell me a little more about this garden grill at the land?it's strange how they have started adding characters to dinners, too. it used to be that you had to go to a breakfast to see them.
my husband is going to a big convention next week. the entire park is (was?) booked solid for the entire week. i wonder if there will be a crowd still or not? i wonder if they would tell me if i called-probably not, and i guess it doesn't make a difference, because we are going. period. i refuse to live my life in a cave or in fear. Of course, i am accepting all extra prayers that we will all be safe!

thanks!

I would also recommend Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner and Tony's on Main Street serves a good meal also. At Tony's, the kids may be able to share or the adults share with one of the kids if no one is a huge eater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter