Where to purchase adult beverages

Flyrfan

Mouseketeer
We will be doing a land/sea staying at the Dolphin and using the DCL bus to get to the boat. Where can I go to purchase wine/beer, to take on the boat, and how do I get there.

How are you getting to the Dolphin? If you're not taking Disney transportation, get a ride with Tiffany Towncar or someone else that allows a grocery stop.

Kermit, unfortunately we are using Disney transportation. Are there any places close by?

There's a Goodings near Downtown Disney. I think that would be the cheapest of the close places. You would need to call a cab I believe. I've never been there, and it may be possible to walk from the DD bus stop, but even if it is walking distance, you won't want to carry your purchases for any great length.

As long as you're calling a cab, you may just want to go to Publix near the entrance. You would save a little money. If you don't want to call a cab, you can try the Gourmet Pantry at DD or your resort sundry shop.

There is an ABC liquor store about 1/4 to 1/2 mile west of Goodings, in front of the new Winn-Dixie.

Disnee Dad Says..................................................Gourmet Pantry is VERY expensive. Goodings is really too far to walk, about 2 miles from DD and is rather expensive. I'd bus to DD then cab it over to Publix or Win Dixie. Also if you are only getting a couple bottles of wine, it may be better to pay the high prices at Gourmet Pantry, but beer is about $9.00 a six pack for regular common brew!!

IMHO, the cheapest beer at WDW is at the Exxon gas station across from DD. I'm not sure if they have wine though. Goodings has horrendous prices. I'm surprised that they will allow you to take beer/wine/liquor on the ship. Have a great time!!! Hope this helps!!!

Don't quote me on this but I am pretty sure you can buy beer at OKW in the grocery store. Call the resort and ask. You can just hop on a bus to MK and hop on a bus to OKW then back to MK then back to the Poly. May take about an hour - but what the heck - its a great ride!

:) K

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I have it figured out now......take bus here, and ride taxi there, load up, go back and drink a chilly one!! I just hope after all that trekking I don't drop any.

Thanks again,
Hal

the comtempary has a store next to the gift shop that sell wine and beer and others ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter