Where to rent timeshare

mkynut90

Earning My Ears
I am looking for a place to rent timeshare in April. I would like to stay at Orange Lake or wyndham bonet creek. Thank you

eBay often has good prices and listings also. We just booked a 2 bedroom at bonnet creek for $1,300 total for 7 nights.

Be careful renting timeshares off Airbnb. One guy has over 8000 listings and some have shown up to the resort to find their reservation was cancelled.

I know someone who rents their place on VRBO and always had a good experience. Lots of people also rent non-timeshares especially in popular vacation destinations.

When renting through VRBO, know that if something messes up and the renter doesn’t actually stay, they don’t have the ability to leave a review. So for example, if the owner cancels the week before the rental (which does happen especially if travel spikes and they can get a lot more money from someone else), the renter will be refunded, but won’t have the chance to leave a review saying this owner did that. Or if the renter cancels within a refund window, but the owner refuses to actually refund, no way for the renter to leave that feedback. So I always rent through VRBO knowing that. You can get a great deal, but there’s definitely a bit of a gamble there, so I’m prepared to roll with it. We’ve had many great experiences with VRBO, but a few bad ones too.

We rented WBC through VRBO for a great deal a few years ago after we did DCL and didn't feel like splurging on Disney accommodations after splurging precruise. No issues from VRBO and so far have never had any issues with them.

what are you guys using to search on VRBO i type disneyworld and dont see any timeshare type rentals

When renting through VRBO, know that if something messes up and the renter doesn’t actually stay, they don’t have the ability to leave a review. So for example, if the owner cancels the week before the rental (which does happen especially if travel spikes and they can get a lot more money from someone else), the renter will be refunded, but won’t have the chance to leave a review saying this owner did that. Or if the renter cancels within a refund window, but the owner refuses to actually refund, no way for the renter to leave that feedback. So I always rent through VRBO knowing that. You can get a great deal, but there’s definitely a bit of a gamble there, so I’m prepared to roll with it. We’ve had many great experiences with VRBO, but a few bad ones too.

Do you (or anyone) find this happens more with private owners, rather than companies who go through VRBO? I am using VRBO, but the listing owner is Go-Koala, the timeshare rental company. Just wondering if I should be as worried as I am about the chance of a last-minute cancellation.

Do you (or anyone) find this happens more with private owners, rather than companies who go through VRBO? I am using VRBO, but the listing owner is Go-Koala, the timeshare rental company. Just wondering if I should be as worried as I am about the chance of a last-minute cancellation.
My personal experience was it is more common with private owners, so now we try to stay with companies and ‘super hosts’ more, but in some rural places, individual owners are all that’s available, so we still do that some too. The vast majority of our experiences have been very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter