• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay for 40th Birthday?

Where to stay for 40th birthday?

• Grand Floridian-Garden view room

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Contemporary-Theme Park view room

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Wilderness Lodge-Courtyard or Nature Fireworks view room

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Heading to Disney for a week for my 40th birthday and trying to figure out where to stay...it will be my husband, myself and our son who will be 10. We’ve stayed at the Contemporary theme park view, AK Lodge savannah view, POFQ, PO Riverside, and the Yacht and Beach Club before. Loved Contemporary theme park view but like to try to stay somewhere different when we go. Really loved the convenience of the monorail and watching the fireworks from our balcony though so we may just have to go for that again.

Thinking of either GF Garden view, Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary. Which one would you stay at for your 40th?

Last edited:

If you like AKL Jambo House, I think you'll like WL. Both are beautiful! I did a Courtyard view prior to Copper Creek opening and really enjoyed the view.

Heading to Disney for a week for my 40th birthday and trying to figure out where to stay...it will be my husband, myself and our son who will be 10. We’ve stayed at the Contemporary theme park view, AK Lodge savannah view, POFQ, PO Riverside, and the Yacht and Beach Club before. Loved Contemporary theme park view but like to try to stay somewhere different when we go. Really loved the convenience of the monorail and watching the fireworks from our balcony though so we may just have to go for that again.

Thinking of either GF Garden view, Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary. Which one would you stay at for your 40th?

I would go with Wilderness Lodge. Second choice would be Boardwalk and then POFQ. In

I did Grand Floridian for my 40th too :). I felt like I wanted a fancier, sort of “elevated” experience and it just meshed with what I wanted for the vibe. I guess the advice I would give would be to think about the overall feeling you want on your big day, then look at which resorts would match that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter