Where to stay with our boys?

lucki4

So sad it is over
We are a family of 4. My DH and I, my 15 yo old son and my 12 yo stepson. Because the boys are not blood brothers, they would not be happy sharing a bed, so the 2 queen rooms are out. And because both boys are tall, the shortest is 5'4, a daybed is most likely too short.
We prefer the Deluxe and/or premium resorts but do not want a home away from home. I am on vacation. I don't want to cook and do laundry
Also the large suites might be beyond our budget.

Does anyone know of any resorts that might have rooms to accomodate us. One with a separate room, king or queen and then either 2 queens or 2 doubles in the main room?

I have tried to research on here and the disney site and there is so much to go through

Thanks in advance

I think you can request Alligator Bayou in the Port Orleans Riverside (used to be Dixie Landings). It's my understanding that they have a trundle bed for those rooms. The 12 year old ought to be fine on it? I'm sure someone has dimensions for it, but I don't. That would be a moderate resort.

Some of the rooms at Wilderness Lodge and (IIRC) the Animal Kingdom lodge come with one Queen and bunk beds. Both are classed as Deluxe resorts. It would be a single room, but the boys wouldn't be sharing the same bed.

You could see if any of the resorts offer a king/2 queen lockoff and get two side by side rooms.

You don't HAVE to cook and do laundry just because you have a stove and a washer/dryer - over in the DVC forum there was just a thread about it, and alot of us firmly believe they are just props!

I would definitely suggest considering the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can request a room with one queen bed and a set of bunk beds, which should work out great for your party. You might also try the Fort Wilderness Cabins, which offer a double bed, a set of bunk beds and a murphy bed. If you think your younger son will be too big for a daybed, then he will not fit on a trundle bed at Port Orleans Riverside, as these are quite small, and are really only suggested for a child age 9 or younger.

I think these are your best options, short of going with 2 rooms, or a 2 bedroom suite, which will be very pricey.

Let us know what you decide. Have a great trip!

Hi lucki4,

I have done some research on this subject, rooms with a King or Queen/2 Queen or 2 doubles. This is not easily found at many, if any, WDW Resorts. I also like to stay at deluxe resorts when we go (so spoiled). Cheaper resorts at WDW don't offer this combination of rooms either. We have two sons just turning 16 and 13. Our boys are slim but tall, the 16 year old is 6 foot. I was not able to find a room we could afford inside WDW with these accommodations, so we settled for 2 Queens beds at the Yacht Club for now. You situation is a little different with your two boys and I can see where this may be a must for your family to have separate bedding. Would you consider two adjoining rooms? With all the specials going on this may be a good and cheaper option, I have considered this myself. You would have two bathrooms this way too. The only place I found to have one king and two queen beds, around $149 a night, off site, was a two bedroom suite at the Hawthorn Inn's. There are several around WDW, one in Lake Buena Vista that gets high ratings (new and clean). If you haven't already, check out mousesavers.com for discount codes at deluxe resorts in WDW or the discount code page here at the DIS fourm.

RobinLyn:)

Thank you so much for the info

Robin, those were good ideas. But, we are staying on site. I think we will go for the bunkbeds though my SS complained about them. Tough toodles is what I say. We're in Disney, relax :D

lucki4, I have learned here on the DIS that no teen boys or adult males will share beds, unless we women make them! :)

If they don't like the bunk beds, tell them that there are plenty of rooms with just 2 beds & that you'd be happy to switch! Can you tell I'm a mean mom? Of course, mine isn't even 2 yet, so I don't have the same problems you do!

Thanks for the info. Actually they are step brothers, new step brothers, so I would not force them to share a bed. We are getting the bunks and they are fine with it. I am sure there will be fight on who gets top though :D

Another option is the Poly. The rooms are really spacious, you are on the monorail, and the sleeping arrangements are great. My 17yo ds slept on the daybed with no problem at all. It is the size of a twin bed and he said very comfortable.

I think your 2 boys would LOVE the loft in these cute adorable colorful suites (or cottages) at Tropical Palms, we just got back from Vacation a week ago, and we enjoyed staying here VERY VERY much. You said you aren't interested in cooking, so I guess you wouldn't care that they have a fully functining kitchen, dishwasher, you got your own little deck outside, windows in every room, can use the mini blinds if you don't like it that bright. They have a big pool open 24 hours. The prices I thought were GREAT. A 2 bedroom with loft and couch that turns into a bed was $79.00 a night (tell them you seen internet rates) - these places can sleep up to 8 or can get a studio for $59 a night - sleep up to 6 (but I think that is all Open, beds but not the privacy). Check them out at www.tropicalpalms.com We loved this soooo much better than a hotel. Seen alot of kids riding thier scooters on the nice winding little roads surrounding these cottages, and so nice to park right beside your place, not having to use elevators and long hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter