Where to stay?

Plan Man

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for the two of us (wife and me)

We have been several times but not just the two of us for many years.

Where should we stay for a four or five night stay. I really want to live it up and have a truly magical time!!

Where should we stay and why?

My favorite is also WL. I do like BC/YC though because of the location!

Hi,

I think first you need to decide what you are planning on doing at Disney, and decide around that. For example, if you plan on doing alot of dining and late nights at Epcot or Boardwalk, plan on staying at an Epcot resort, Boardwalk, Beach Club, etc.

Secondly, it would help if you told us what kind of resort you would like to stay in, and what ammenities you are looking for :)

Kelly

BTW my first name is Kelly too.

We will eat out at nice restaurants every evening and probably stay out late most every night. we will spend the days in the parks probably a lot of time at Epcot. We will want spa services - she doesn't know I am planning this so I want some special surprises.

Any ideas will be appreciated!!!

Hey Kelly,

Don't know what your budget is for the upcoming trip, but weloveminnie has a good idea about going to the Grand Floridian. They have some great spa services there, plus the hotel is very comfy, with a wonderfully romantic ambiance. The hotel's design is actually a copy of the famous del coronado in San Diego, and is wonderfully done. Your DW is gonna love it!

Of course, there is the Poly, where my DW and I had our honeymoon. Its very nice too, with good sized rooms. I can't be objective about the Poly, because of all the great memories we have of the place. :D I just love it!

The AKL has a warm and delicious feel to the place, nice and dark, earthy place, with beautiful African style detailing all thru the hotel. Some say the place is too dark, and I can see their point to a certain degree... if you want to read in bed or really anywhere in your room you are going to go blind because the lights are all so wretched dim. But if you are going for romance, I seriously doubt you will opening any books!!! That hotel would be a great choice too. AKL has some great spa services too. I'd go back in an instant!

I would not go to any moderate or value hotels as they don't have "real" roomservice. Nothing says "romance" a bottle of champaigne and some nice chocolate dipped strawberries!

Say, anyone out there remember which resort has the couple's massage thing? I was just at AKL last week so I should remember, but I'm having a "senior moment" and can't remember if AKL or the GF offered this...

I wouldn't go to the YC or BC. Nice places, but not as nice as the others mentioned, IMHO. They don't have that "romance" value to me, though I'm sure that isn't the case with a lot of people. I was at the YC (concierge) last week and man, what a noisy hotel. Small rooms too. Maybe our room was not the norm? One queen bed and a sofa that converts into another one? Ah well, you could hear people talking in the rooms to either side... conversationally... not that they were loud. Anyway, THAT alone put a big damper on the romance dept. :(

Good luck with your choice!

Darian

I think any of the deluxes would be magical & romantic. Just pick the style you like:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter