Where will you travel this summer?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I feel like I may have asked this a couple months ago, so if I did, sorry... lol. But DH and I are sitting here discussing where we might go this summer, so I thought I'd ask here :)

Our daughter has asked to go somewhere "peaceful", which in her mind means - fairly secluded, near nature, small town area, not a lot of noise, busyness etc... So, we're toying with trying to find a beach house for a couple nights somewhere in PEI if we can afford it. However, in a drastic change from what he was originally saying, DH has said he would consider going to New Hampshire this summer if the border opens up without quarantine requirements. We agreed it would basically just be an outdoor attraction trip - rent a condo/cottage, buy groceries, and then just spend a few days hiking, taking in the scenery.

So where will you go?

My son wants to go to Toronto. We do have tickets to go back to the zoo there. But he wants to go downtown. It will depend on what is open and to what degree I guess? I'm sure he would love to go camping as well but I am not much of a camp/cottage person so not sure. I will be happy if the local beach we enjoy most reopens this summer, they were doing dredging last year so we ended up at one of the Gatineau lakes. It was ok but not as nice as our usual. I think this summer will be pretty quiet again, though if the waterparks are allowed to open we will probably go back to Calypso.

If things start opening up I think we will do a day at Canada’s wonderland. We could possibly do a night in Niagara Falls. And I’m hoping to do a few nights in Ottawa.

We are getting antsy to do stuff but it won’t be a huge vacation because we have lots of sports in the summer. And we are hoping to go to Disney in October.

We will stick close to home as usual... PEI for camping, NS to see the inlaws, and here in NB for our cottage on the beach. I’m a teacher so traveling farther away over the summer is ideal, but it’s hard to leave the Maritimes during these few beautiful months that we have ! Let’s hope the Atlantic bubble is back in tact soon.

We had planned on taking a trip (from SouthWestern Ontario) to the Maritimes in summer of 2020, but Covid-19 changed that plan. With the slow pace that the vaccines are rolling out, I'm hoping to be vaccinated by October so that I can travel to see my parents in Northern Ontario as I haven't seen them since Dec of 2019

Probably will spend the summer by the pool and in the backyard. I’d like to head to Newfoundland but not sure if that will be feasible given restrictions and lack of vaccines. We will see.

If we can’t drive to the States (pretty sure wont be able to in the summer yet) then hoping we can go to British Columbia. More locally drive up North in Ontario (Muskoka) and also spend a few days in Collingwood (Blue Mountain).
Would love to go to great wolf lodge in Niagara but they say they are closed til september.

Last edited:
We're sticking close to home. We rented a large trailer for 6 weeks this summer. It's at a resort an hour from town. So we will take some holidays, long weekends, go back and forth but will be nice to leave our boat and kayaks out there and just be able to take off fishing or whatever, whenever. Has a nice deck at the waters edge and I am hoping I can work from out there a couple days a week at least. They have wifi at the main resort and I can get service on my work phone out there.

We will stick close to home as usual... PEI for camping, NS to see the inlaws, and here in NB for our cottage on the beach. I’m a teacher so traveling farther away over the summer is ideal, but it’s hard to leave the Maritimes during these few beautiful months that we have ! Let’s hope the Atlantic bubble is back in tact soon.

Sounds like the plan is to re-open the bubble by mid-April!

I have rented the executive cottage at the nearby KOA for a few nights in both May and June midweek before the kids are out of school . It’s cheap and since I’m homeschooling the littles .. the private hot tub is amazing because of the pool has anyone in it the littles are happy to swim in it.
I would love to get a zoo trip in , we are used to going every couple of months and it was very well done in the fall when we went.
I would love to do wonderland IF it opens and after I hear some reviews. Our last trip left a really bad taste, we went June midweek to avoid the crowds and it was understaffed overpacked ( luckily the big kids had their paid fastpass or whatever it’s called .. littles and I went back to the hotel after lunch ) and quite dirty imo. I don’t know how they would control the tons of teens with their season passes and try to maintain and social distancing ..
plan is just to get through the summer with a few day trips here and there and pray for FL at Christmas

Sounds like the plan is to re-open the bubble by mid-April!
I hope so. It has been a long time since we saw my inlaws (Thanksgiving). My girls are used to seeing them once a month. It is hard to be only a few hours away and not able to see them. Luckily my parents are just down the road.

Depends how things are going. We have a cruise booked but we know that isn't happening. Last summer DH wanted to drive to Ottawa or even fly out west to BC or something (we live in city surrounding Toronto). Will depend how things are. Right now, I wouldn't even travel downtown Toronto, but hopefully once vaccines start rolling out and most have had a shot (as they keep promising) things will look up. Last summer we went to one of those Ontario cottage-type resorts. It was a nice couple nights with our options at the time and our kids had fun, but certainly not true vacation. Then again, anything outside of our house at the moment is exciting.

We are staying in Manitoba. We have a camping trailer, so once the camping reservation system opens up will fight with every other Manitoban to get a coming spot for a few weekends this summer.
I don't like going in to Winnipeg, especially during a pandemic, but if things open up a bit more, we might head to the zoo and do a couple of other things there, it's not too far away.

Most likely a staycation. If I get really brave, and have my vaccine in time to go downtown on a bus during the nice weather, I hope to have lunch on a patio with a couple of friends. If indoor theatres open, and I feel it’s safe, maybe take in a matinee. Not that I don’t have big plans, but they are for 2022.

Most likely a staycation. If I get really brave, and have my vaccine in time to go downtown on a bus during the nice weather, I hope to have lunch on a patio with a couple of friends. If indoor theatres open, and I feel it’s safe, maybe take in a matinee. Not that I don’t have big plans, but they are for 2022.

Just a quick add on to your cinema .. they are hurting and have an amazing deal right now. Ciniplex has private movie showings .. I’m taking the kids at 330 to see Jurassic park ( my 8 yr old ASD is obsessed with Dinos) you can have 15 ppl.. we are going just the 5 of us .. selection of new and old movies available . It’s a splurge but will be safe amd allow us some sense ofnormal

We rented an RV and are planning on staying mostly in BC but if we are allowed to, we are planning on popping into AB to go to Banff and Jasper.

Just a quick add on to your cinema .. they are hurting and have an amazing deal right now. Ciniplex has private movie showings .. I’m taking the kids at 330 to see Jurassic park ( my 8 yr old ASD is obsessed with Dinos) you can have 15 ppl.. we are going just the 5 of us .. selection of new and old movies available . It’s a splurge but will be safe amd allow us some sense ofnormal

Sorry for the mix-up, I meant live theatre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter