• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where would you stay?

NotTheBatesMotel

Mouseketeer
We’re doing a split stay in August. (Yes I know FL summers are hot) The first half will be 3 adults and my son and the 2nd half is going to be just my husband and myself for our first adults only trip since before we had our now 11 year old. 🥂

We try to stay somewhere new bc we love checking out the different resorts. I need a wheelchair for the parks so we try to avoid busses as much as possible but will stay at a bus only resort if the resort itself is worth it! Places we’ve stayed so far: Pop, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Port Orleans FQ, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club. We’re not “deluxe only once you try them” people (although we do enjoy them!) and are completely fine with moderates and values.

Which resort would you choose for the adult only portion? Caribbean Beach unfortunately isn’t available those dates & we’d like to try somewhere new to us anyways. (Riviera and Poly are beyond our budget this trip.)

AKL/Jambo is my favorite resort anywhere, not just at Disney. Yes, it'd mean bus transportation, but the lobby is magnificent, the pool area is lovely, there are animal trails and viewing areas. The entire resort is peaceful and restorative, to me (and if you don't want to book a savanna room $$$, you can ask for a partial-savanna view as a special request- we've done this successfully several times).

We like ASMusic for the size. It's a small resort, so easy to get to transportation, food court, pool bar. We've found the Broadway section to be fairly quiet. Once again, though, you are stuck with just buses for transportation.

I don't know your budget, but I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian!

Another vote to check out the Swan & Dolphin. Better to check pricing on the Swan/Dolphin site than looking at Disney's site. They have a variety of discounts available.

We’re doing a split stay in August. (Yes I know FL summers are hot) The first half will be 3 adults and my son and the 2nd half is going to be just my husband and myself for our first adults only trip since before we had our now 11 year old. 🥂

We try to stay somewhere new bc we love checking out the different resorts. I need a wheelchair for the parks so we try to avoid busses as much as possible but will stay at a bus only resort if the resort itself is worth it! Places we’ve stayed so far: Pop, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Port Orleans FQ, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club. We’re not “deluxe only once you try them” people (although we do enjoy them!) and are completely fine with moderates and values.

Which resort would you choose for the adult only portion? Caribbean Beach unfortunately isn’t available those dates & we’d like to try somewhere new to us anyways. (Riviera and Poly are beyond our budget this trip.)
Wilderness Lodge without question

Swan or Dolphin. You get to avoid the buses for 2 parks, Epcot and the Disney Studios. Both are a short boat ride away.

Another vote for Swan/Dolphin - we prefer the Swan. If you would rather stay at a WDW resort, I would consider WL, AKL or CSR Tower.

Love the Wilderness Lodge but I also would stay at the Swan/Dolphin - if you could book through Costco, the resort fee is waived and the rooms have a theme park view. Drawback with the Swan/Dolphin is that they don't have a food court or refillable mugs.

If you would be visiting DHS/Ep, definitely look at Swan/Dolphin. Excellent location and can't beat the boat to the parks and the prices are usually pretty close to disney mod pricing. If you plan to do more MK, maybe look at GF or WL, the boat ride is really nice however, I know there's some construction underway at GF so not really sure how invasive it is around the resort. I saw a few pics of the lobby and it's pretty noticeable. Not sure what else might be impacted.

Riviera perhaps also, if you are ok with using the Skyliner. It is easy enough to get on and off with a wheelchair as far as I can see. This would give you easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. One of my favorite resorts and I own there.

Grab Destiny Tower at CSR gets my vote but it is all bus. The rooms and lobby are pretty, bar up top is nice and three bridges out on the water gets great reviews.

Out of concern for storms I would actually shy away from Swolphin. When boats shut down (whenever there is lightening within X miles) you could get stuck having to wheel back from DHS/EP to your hotel in a storm.

WL is a lovey resort as well. It too is a bus to MK in my book though (sometimes the boat fits ECVs and sometimes you have to wait for the next one which is a total time suck so we switched to always doing the bus). The nice thing about that bus is generally it’s pretty quiet as most people opt for the boats.

WL is a lovey resort as well. It too is a bus to MK in my book though (sometimes the boat fits ECVs and sometimes you have to wait for the next one which is a total time suck so we switched to always doing the bus). The nice thing about that bus is generally it’s pretty quiet as most people opt for the boats.
This! We love Wilderness Lodge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter