• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which All star resort is better & why?

Which all star resort to stay in?

• Total voters
Music is my favorite, though I love the other two as well. It's Music for me though because it lies between Movies and Sports. Therefore, it's an easy walk to either one of them to take in a little of each All-Star.

We have stayed at all and prefer to stay at Movies just because it has the best branding. Sports we used when the boys were little and baseball and basketball players. As the pp's have said, music being in the middle is more convenient to see all of them. We did stop staying there many years ago and would stay at Pop or AoA instead now just for the skyliner even though it is a bit higher $.

For Disney theming Movies is better.
I like Music better because I love the theming - the "Broadway Hotel" section is my fav.
Never stayed at Sports but I enjoy walking through it.

Staying at an All-Star resort is more about the budget than the actual resort so which one wouldn't matter. It's strictly for sleeping and taking showers. The theme, transportation and layout for me is not a factor at all.

Stayed at all plenty.

Ask me years ago no way would I think I’d pick Sports but I’ve stayed there the most. Why? Small tight layout, love the Surf style pool theme, first when sharing buses, have always tried to honor our requests.

I like Movies to visit for photos in Toy Story area etc.

Will never ever return to Music. Laid out different than others with big footprint and potentially long walks. Have had lots of issues over visits dealing with “safety” issues.

I like Sports the best for the reasons @HopperFan posted. However, I think the other two already have the renovated rooms, and Sports is still waiting. The recent renovation is substantial.

Music is my favorite, though I love the other two as well. It's Music for me though because it lies between Movies and Sports. Therefore, it's an easy walk to either one of them to take in a little of each All-Star.
You are so correct. My wife and I have stayed at Music every year since 2009, twice in 2013, and we are over the moon right now seeing that they have announced the re-opening of music in September. I love Music because of the staff. They are great. We stay there so often we know the staff and what is better, they know us. I get hugs from the girls in the gift shop and restaurant. Sibil in the main office is a sweetie pie. 231 days and we are back. Look at my picture, that's me with the girls in the gift shop.

Movies has the playground and every room is close to either the Movies or the Music food court, but music has the Family Suites. So Music.

Music is our favourite because I never found it to be as "busy" as the other two. That being said because of the shape of the resort (think long rectangle) and the standard rooms being in the back, the walk to your room for those rooms is long.

You haven't been there with SATGs I'm guessing. They were there when I was in Summer 2019 and it was BUSY. The only thing that helped at park opening and closing was they had their own busses from a different location.

Music is the resort we go to every visit. Staff is exceptional....hi Gaston!! Always well treated there and clean. We have zero complaints! Be back in November 2022.

Stayed at all plenty.

Ask me years ago no way would I think I’d pick Sports but I’ve stayed there the most. Why? Small tight layout, love the Surf style pool theme, first when sharing buses, have always tried to honor our requests.

I like Movies to visit for photos in Toy Story area etc.

Will never ever return to Music. Laid out different than others with big footprint and potentially long walks. Have had lots of issues over visits dealing with “safety” issues.
What were these safety issues if you don't mind me asking?

That is great info! I ride a scooter, so if I don't like what is at one food court I ride to the next resort. Next time I think I will stay at All Star Music, per your info. Thanks!

We always went with Sports because it was the first stop when one bus is servicing all three resorts. Better chance to get a seat going to the parks.

Sports! We are avid Sports fan and love the Homerun section and pool. Also love the busing and small feel. Also a quick walk across the parking lot to Music. Bummed we couldn't stay there this August, there's always next year.

We stayed at All Stars exclusively when my kids were little. Our favorite by far was Movies. The theming was so bright and cheerful, and everything was so easy to get to. It also seems like their rooms were renovated first, and we prefer the renovated layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter