Which animated movies did you mistakenly think were Disney movies?

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
There's a few studios that come out with popular animated movies outside of Disney of course, but which movies did you mistakenly think were Disney movies?

I think when I was growing up, "An American Tail" initially I thought was Disney...until they built the land in Universal Studios Florida, then realized it wasn't :rolleyes1

Surprised there aren't more responses as there are a lot of movies that get mistaken for a Disney film. As a kid, I thought Pinnocchio and the Emperor of the Night was a sequel to the Disney movie. Disney thought so too since Filmation were actually sued for that film. Disney ended up losing that suit but Pinnocchio did so badly in the box office that it killed the studio. Regardless, this scene scared me SO badly as a kid. Even as an adult I'm like, this is terrifying LOL

Another one is the Swan Princess. I had that on VHS as a kid and my sister and I watched it so often that we actually broke the VHS tape. It's not a great movie but I'm nostalgia blind for it. I can't bring myself to hate it.

When we first signed up for Disney+, my DH one day complained that he couldn't find Shrek on there to watch.

Is it bad that I actually like Anastasia more than actual Disney movies? xD
Not bad at all :goodvibes ; it's one of my favorites. I ended up picking that as my choice for the DIS movie night not too long ago and we spent a lot of time during the movie talking about the similarities with Disney movies :rotfl: and some of our DISer friends did think it was a Disney movie. The soundtrack was/is awesome.

But for me my fav Disney movies are from the 80s and 90s and Anastasia is right in that time period of late 90s so it's no wonder I enjoy it so much.

I mean, anything from Don Bluth certainly seems like Disney becuase he came out of there. Personally, I never was mistaken about any of them, but that's becuase I am pretty plugged in to what's what. Even as a kid I was. I know, I'm a nerd. 🤓

I would say Anastasia but now that's on Disney+ does it really count?

I guess The Swan Princess because when I was 5 anything princess related had to be Disney, right? 😂

I was a big Don Bluth fan as a kid and probably watched his stuff more than Disney films. Like BrianL I was attuned to all of that young so there weren't any I mistook for a Disney film.

All Dogs go to Heaven and Secret of NIMH, and my kids loved Land Before Time.

Not animated but I grew up thinking Willie Wonka was Disney because it had a Mary Poppins vibe with VanDyke.

All Dogs go to Heaven and Secret of NIMH, and my kids loved Land Before Time.

Not animated but I grew up thinking Willie Wonka was Disney because it had a Mary Poppins vibe with VanDyke.

Willy Wonka didn't have Dick Van Dyke in it. You might be thinking of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which not only had Van Dyke, but also music by Bob and Dick Sherman. If any movie could be mistaken for a Disney production, it's that one!

Willy Wonka didn't have Dick Van Dyke in it. You might be thinking of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which not only had Van Dyke, but also music by Bob and Dick Sherman. If any movie could be mistaken for a Disney production, it's that one!
I think they were saying Willy Wonka had the same vibe as MP that had Van dyke in it

Ice Age

I was at Trivia one night and the question was a put the following Disney movies in order of release. Ice Age was one of them. Immediately I thought "Ice Age isn't a Disney movie. Its by Blue Sky". But now its on Disney+ so I'm super confused??

Ice Age

I was at Trivia one night and the question was a put the following Disney movies in order of release. Ice Age was one of them. Immediately I thought "Ice Age isn't a Disney movie. Its by Blue Sky". But now its on Disney+ so I'm super confused??
Blue Sky was owned by Fox and Disney got them in the buy. They closed Blue Sky down, but own all of the franchises, including Ice Age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter