Which character meal?

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
Which would you say is the best character meal? We will probably only have time to have one character meal and my kids can't decide which one they would rather go it from the descriptions. So, I was wondering if one has the best food or interactions.

We had the best experience with Minnie and friends at the Plaza. We like that its in the park, so we arent wasting time getting to and from the meal. We saw a lot of characters- Minnie, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Chip and Dale, Hook and the Fairy Godmother. They took time for pictures, played with the kids and the kids toys (got some great pic's of Minnie shooting a Buzz gun- complete with "Bond" girl type pose). The Fairy Godmother held the kids on her lap while she talked with them. It was just wonderful. The food selection was good- ham, bacon, sausage, waffles, french toast, made to order omelets, fried potatoes, fruit, pastries, biscuts and gravy, cereal, milk/ juice/ coffee/soda.

hlbtimes2 said:
We had the best experience with Minnie and friends at the Plaza. We like that its in the park, so we arent wasting time getting to and from the meal. We saw a lot of characters- Minnie, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Chip and Dale, Hook and the Fairy Godmother. They took time for pictures, played with the kids and the kids toys (got some great pic's of Minnie shooting a Buzz gun- complete with "Bond" girl type pose). The Fairy Godmother held the kids on her lap while she talked with them. It was just wonderful. The food selection was good- ham, bacon, sausage, waffles, french toast, made to order omelets, fried potatoes, fruit, pastries, biscuts and gravy, cereal, milk/ juice/ coffee/soda.

I second that one...M&F is my favorite character breakfast period! The food imo is better than at the resorts...I dont know what kind of sausage the resort hotels use but it is nasty! but PI sausage is more like normal sausage...I love the food there...good character interaction as hlb stated :goodvibes

It depends, what hotel are you staying at and what time does Disneyland open? If the park doesn't open until 10am, then IMO Minnie and Friends isn't a good choice since the morning will be gone before you even finish breakfast! Goofy's has the largest variety of characters with good interaction, Lilo and Stich at PPH is lots of fun, and Storytellers is a more relaxed experience with not as much direct interaction.

When I was planning our trip, Goofy's Kitchen came heavily recommended. I initially signed up for breakfast, but several people suggested an early dinner, so I changed it.

We loved it! The 5:00 PS was perfect because there weren't too many people there yet, and we were able to grab our food before the characters started streaming through. We saw Pluto (out front), Goofy, Cinderella, Belle, Chip (of Chip & Dale), Snow White and Minnie. A few days later as I passed by, I noticed that Aurora was there, so the line-up changes a bit. I loved that it had so many characters, and when it wasn't too crowded, they really spent more time with my kids, drawing on the paper tablecloth, asking DS6 questions, and giving hugs and autographs.

The only bit of a downer is that when they do their big dance number, there's not much floor space for the kids to join them, and since we were off in another room, by the time we figured out what was going on, we couldn't get that close to them. DS2 did manage to slip in between the bigger kids, and Cinderella grabbed his hands and danced with him, though, so cute!

We also did the Lilo & Stitch breakfast, which was a lot of fun as well. There we met Daisy, Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, and Minnie. I think if my boys had a choice of one of these two, they would probably choose Goofy's Kitchen, though both were very lively and had lots of character interaction. The food at both was very good as well.

If I had girls, the Princess meal would be a MUST DO! And I very nearly did the Minnie & Friends to have a chance of meeting all the Pooh characters for DS2. Next time... :)

The only one I ruled out was Storyteller's Cafe, and only because my boys are not familiar with any of those characters. I've heard the food there is excellent!

i'll be doing lilo and stitch when we go.. we love stitch and anything we can do to hang out with him is worth it.

we have enjoyed Goofy's kitchen for breakfast and dinner, the boys want dinner there again , and Lilo and Stich for breakfast , that was great.........this time we may try Minnie and friends as it is highly recomended by many here on the Dis! We too have not done Storyteller's because of the characters are not so popular . And since I have sons I have not done the Princess lunch.

This is a tough decision since they all sound great. My DS11 loves Lilo and Stitch, my DS19 loves Eeyore and CHip&Dale and my DS19's girlfriend would love the princesses(this will be her 1st disney experience). And, or course, my DH has given his vote for the Princesses. Besides all that, I like the idea of staying in the park since we have limited time to spend and it will be during Christmas week when the park will be very crowded. Oh, what to do, what to do. :confused3

We went to Goofy's Kitchen and the Princess Dinner at Ariel's Grotto. We thought that GK was the better of the two. Plus, you don't have to enter the park since it is at the Disneyland Hotel (a big plus IMHO). The Princess dinner was OK, I thought, and the food wasn't as good as Goofy's (but that may have just been the dish I got).

We really enjoy Lilo & Stitch's Breakfast. Great character interaction as well as good food (you can order off the menu).

One suggestion I have is that perhaps you do a character meal on a day that you are coming or going. I like to schedule an out of park character meal on the days we are not going to DLR so my kids still feel like we are at DLR! For example, we are arriving for our November trip on Saturday, November 11 but will not be hitting the parks that day. I have ressies at GK for 5 p.m. Also, heading to Sea World on Wednesday morning. We are eating at Lilo & Stitch at 8 a.m. and then heading down to San Diego. I find that if I schedule character meals this way then I don't get too much whining!!

MulanFan said:
The Princess dinner was OK, I thought, and the food wasn't as good as Goofy's (but that may have just been the dish I got).

no mulanfan, it wasnt just the dish you got :rotfl: the food isnt good at all...I stick with hamburger...seems to be the best bet all the way around

We ate lunch with the princesses and had breakfast at Goofy's kitchen and also breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Out of all the meals, we had the best time at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. We did not stay on property. It was not too far to walk from the Carousel Inn. We felt that it had the best food, best set up and best character interaction. The princess lunch food left alot to be desired and not too much interaction with the princesses. The kids (all boys) were 10, 7, 5. HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter