Which Deluxe or DVC would you stay in if you had the money?

wishspirit

When you wish upon a star!
Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has asked me to help her plan her Disney vacation for her family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids under 12) for 10 days. They've given me a budget of £15,000 for hotel and tickets- which is approximately $18,652.

I am a huge Disney fan, and regularly listen to podcasts (DisUnplugged mainly) and keep up to date with the latest Disney news, but this is a new (and exciting to plan) world for me. As someone who spent most of their trips staying in Caribbean Beach or Pop in my youth, and then moved onto DVC as an adult (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Bay Lake) staying in Studios- I haven't got the best grasp of the higher end properties. My trips usually come in about a third of that price, and that's including airfare from the UK.

So guys- if money was less of an issue, where would you stay and why?

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has asked me to help her plan her Disney vacation for her family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids under 12) for 10 days. They've given me a budget of £15,000 for hotel and tickets- which is approximately $18,652.

I am a huge Disney fan, and regularly listen to podcasts (DisUnplugged mainly) and keep up to date with the latest Disney news, but this is a new (and exciting to plan) world for me. As someone who spent most of their trips staying in Caribbean Beach or Pop in my youth, and then moved onto DVC as an adult (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Bay Lake) staying in Studios- I haven't got the best grasp of the higher end properties. My trips usually come in about a third of that price, and that's including airfare from the UK.

So guys- if money was less of an issue, where would you stay and why?
What parks do you want the best access to? What kind of theming would they like? A lot of subjective factors in a decision like this. I always like the Poly for MK and Boardwalk for Epcot. Of course, AKL is great for Animal Kingdom.

My first wdw trip was yacht club then the polynesian the next. Both are awesome deluxe resorts because of the multiple modes of transportation versus just bus, nice rooms, and awesome pool and grounds areas. Stormalong Bay at BC/YC is worth a day on its own. Plus, its nice to be able to walk/boat to 2 parks, plus could take a ride around on the skyliner from International Gateway. Good food options, mostly signature in Epcot and whole resort area. The Polynesian was great to take the peaceful boat ride back from MK after a long day, and the monorail separate bag check is fun too. Dole whip plus fireworks from the beach is amazing, plus able to go on the monorail to eat at grand floridian and contemporary (California Grill is great!). Both resorts were peaceful, and Poly felt like we were on a bonus vaca to Hawaii. I would say no to GF and Contemporary because the main concourse of the contemporary is very loud and doesn’t feel very luxurious. The GF is too expensive to have to walk to an outer building, Plus the GF theme is great for a nice dinner but not great we trying to relax after coming back sweaty and tired. IMO its a bit overpriced and feels less great when lobby is super crowded at holidays. Would also consider the Copper Creek cabins for their understated luxury and bigger spaces, but not the Poly bungalows since those hear the boat horns all night long. Just my two sense, also stayed at coronado gran destino, pop, all movies, and AK kidani village if you want to know about those.

If they want to stay in the EP resort area, I would book a 2-bedroom villa at BCV. They will have a king bed, two queens, a washer/dryer (comes in handy during a long stay) and full kitchen to stock with beverages, snacks, etc. EP is, literally, right next door and they will have walking or boat access to DHS, plus the pool, Stormalong Bay is one of the best on property, IMHO. If they want to stay in the MK area, I would consider a 2-bedroom villa at VGF if you can find availability. The rooms at VGF are the most beautiful, best built rooms on property, IMHO. I would also consider a 2-bedroom villa at Copper Creek - again, beautiful rooms at a beautiful resort and boat access to MK, so not as convenient as VGF and BCV. We are huge fans of villas over regular rooms and even suites as I love having the space plus the washer/dryer and full kitchen. It's like a home away from home!

If money were no object, I would stay at GF in a room with a balcony. How fun to plan a trip for your friends!

Definitely the Poly for most or all of it. Perfect for kids and adults and can see water parade and fireworks while kids playing in the pool and adults sipping their favorite beverage. Food is great and close to MK and monorail to EP.

Love love the GF but for the age of their kiddos, Poly has the better pool.my kids are older teens, and we love the GF.

Wherever you land, I would definitely book a one bedroom somewhere. That way, they get a private space. Kids are small enough to sleep on fold outs. Also, you might seriously consider Club Level for them. Food presentations, beer, wine, aperitifs all included. It’s luxurious.

If not WL, I would definitely put them on the monorail. I adore the Contemporary but the style of that resorts suits me. Pick a style that suits them. Poly and WL are also great options. Very relaxing upon arrival, quiet, beautiful grounds. I’m not a fan of Grand Floridian but I’m in the minority.

Hope that helps. Look at the club level thread to see pics of the lounges, food, etc. good advice going on over there as well.

We love 1BD villas's for a longer stay. The size of the villa's are a huge plus. You have a full kitchen, so much space and do your laundry in the room.

The pull out couch at BWV is very comfy, if the kids will sleep together.

If money was no object, I’d pick the Contemporary Theme Park View or Grand Floridian Main Building Club level. They’re dream stays, love the location and theming of both resorts.

If I had to go with my family then a grand villa at the boardwalk or the bungalows at the Polynesian. Enough space for everyone and we can stay close enough.

I haven't run the numbers yet, but my input would be a few key things:
  1. Resort hop, start one for the first 3 days, then shift for 4 to another
  2. I'd start with a Monorail resort (MK is magical for so many people, it's a great starting point). Personally I'd go Grand Floridian or Polynesian, both just a little better theming.
  3. Skip over to a 1 bedroom for the extra space if you can for the longer stay and after you've built up some laundry.
  4. Go to EPCOT resort area for walkability. Either Boardwalk or Beach Club either, if warm weather nod to beach club.

I would purchase an AP for one of the adults so they can get the resort room discount and unlimited memory maker. Then I would spend ~$8000 for two days of private VIP tour if they're interested in going on all the rides. Be sure to invite 6 more strangers since you can bring up to 10 people for the same cost. The rest of the money can be spent on a club room at my favorite resort the Grand Floridian.

If money is no object, I'd book the Villas at GF in a Standview room ( because I love the monorail and would love to watch that go by while I sit on my balcony ). Your friends may like the Lake View better.

I haven't run the numbers yet, but my input would be a few key things:
  1. Resort hop, start one for the first 3 days, then shift for 4 to another
  2. I'd start with a Monorail resort (MK is magical for so many people, it's a great starting point). Personally I'd go Grand Floridian or Polynesian, both just a little better theming.
  3. Skip over to a 1 bedroom for the extra space if you can for the longer stay and after you've built up some laundry.
  4. Go to EPCOT resort area for walkability. Either Boardwalk or Beach Club either, if warm weather nod to beach club.
Also great advice.

If money was no object, I’d pick the Contemporary Theme Park View or Grand Floridian Main Building Club level.

This exactly! Contemporary Tower with a view of the MK is just so classic Disney, and the main building of the Grand Floridian is so beautiful. These are my dream stays for sure.

I would purchase an AP for one of the adults so they can get the resort room discount and unlimited memory maker. Then I would spend ~$8000 for two days of private VIP tour if they're interested in going on all the rides. Be sure to invite 6 more strangers since you can bring up to 10 people for the same cost. The rest of the money can be spent on a club room at my favorite resort the Grand Floridian.

Great advice on the first sentence. I don’t know AP quotes but it is sure a great advantage on discounts if it works out.

$8000 for 2 days of private tours seems extremely excessive to me. Heck, I can go to Europe (or the Western USA For them) on that as a separate trip. Or another Disney trip. Heck, even add a Disney cruise!!!

Seems wasteful. Especially if she can use that money wiser and even not use the entire budget limit and save them a bit of money. There are so many options to blow one half of $8000 on, IMHO. Parties, EMH, fireworks cruises, great dinners, literally a hundred things.

But that’s just me.

I wouldn't spend the upper level of the budget myself. I would ask them what they want to see, etc.

Since they are coming from the UK, they have access to the 14-day tickets that come with free memory maker. So, they may not need an AP (but if they do, one is good enough for the discounts and then they have a year to download their photos) They also have access to UK free dining deals as well. I would probably book airfare separately (not part of a package deal) and get them a private car from MCO to the resort.

For 10 days (or is that actually nights?), I would split it between two resorts. One of the MK resorts (Contemporary and Grand Floridian) and an Epcot resort (Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk). Are the kids boys, girls, or one of each? Your friend may want 3 sleeping surfaces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter