• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which dinner do we skip for Palos?

Minnee

DIS Veteran<br><font color=maroon>NOT a copycat! ;
We'll be on the 7 day western.

Which Resturant is a "Don't miss", and which can we skip for Palos?
I want to be able to eat dinner with my 3 DDs on Friday, this is my birthday. I'm sure Palos would be great for a very special birthday dinner, but I would rather have a Family dinner that night!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions !

My DW and I just finished our 1/11 Eastern Magic cruise. First off -- we found it easy to get reservations at Palo. Disney will only let you make reservations for 1 evening and the champagne brunch on the Saturday you sail. From Sunday on though you can make more reservations. We had no trouble booking another night and had plenty of options to choose from. (and our cruise was booked solid) As to the night -- first I would check to see what days you are scheduled for the Animator's Palate. Do not schedule your Palo's night on either day unless you find out which one will have the light show. On our cruise it was the second night which was contrary to what we read on other posts. We chose to eat at Palo's on the formal night -- we both have to dress for work -- on a cruise we were there to relax. Other than Animator's Palate -- I did not notice a big difference in the other restaurants. They were all very nice and the food was good (but not as good as Palo). Do not stress overly about it. Next to Palo and the Animator's Palate, our next favorite dining experience came at the Topsider's -- we wanted to attend a later show so had to eat at 630 -- our seating was for 830. Topsider's had a menu and table service. We had the place to ourselves! Good luck and have a great time.

So, on formal night people aren't formally dressed at Palo? If not, did you still pack formal attire in case you didn't get your choice day at Palo?

Yep -- I had a suit and the wife had a cocktail dress and heels. We ate at Palo that night. I still wore a suit, but the wife wore a pants outfit. Other than that night, we got away with khakis and a polo shirt for me and slacks and a dressy blouse for DW for dinner all of the other nights.

LOL I find it amusing that all the questions about dressing up are mostly from the ladies. Not too many guys are concerned about what they are wearing.

I'm still somewhat confused by all this. If we end up with LAP rotation on the western 7-night, we will be dining four of the seven nights in a restaurant or with a theme that requires ( or suggests) my husband wear a jacket or suit.

Lumiere's three nights means three jacket nights.

Formal and semi-formal nights coinside with the Parrot Cay night which would normally be casual. That means a suit on these nights too!

However, tropical night is set to be in Lumiere's. Does that mean he can wear tropical stuff that night and forget about the jacket?

If you were to schedule Palo on the formal or semi-formal night, which would you choose? I see that the semi-formal night is slated as the Captain's gala. Will we miss anything?

trampslady....nope....your hubby does not need to wear a jacket anymore to Lumiere's....it is now deemd casual attire (suggested dress has changed a few months ago). If you are there or another restaurant onboard for formal night, definiately wear the suite....but HE DOES NOT HAVE TO WEAR A SUITE FOR REGULAR OR THEME NIGHTS AT LUMIERES.

We have been on the Eastern twice and Western twice and all my hubby brings to dress up is one jacket, once pair dress slacks, two ties and two dress shirts. He wears these to Formal, semi formal and Palos.

All the other nights it is a nice shirt and dockers and tropical shirt for tropical night. If you are in Lumiere's for tropical night your hubby would wear tropical attire.

MJ

Don't stress about what you wear. We have been on 5 Disney cruises and are seeing more and more folks dressing down. One night we got back late from being on one of the island and we went in shorts. Nobody gave us dirty looks and our server didn't care at all. It's your vacation enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter