Which dinner show?

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
We are going in Feb on the Silver Plan. We are planning one dinner show which show should be do Hoop-de-do or Spirit of Hawaii. In our five trips to Disney we have never done a dinner show. Which one do you think has the best meal/show combination?

Renee

Of course, it depends on taste. But I found HDD to be far more entertaining and memorable than the SOH. As far as food, it has been far too long for me to give a decent opinion, but I'm sure plenty of other folks can help you out there. ;)

BTW, DH and I are doing the Hoop on Sept 17...taking in the late show.

It doesn't note if you have kids or not but we favor Hoop De Doo....even DH does. It's a cute show..if I could only do one it would be Hoop de doo...

I have been to both and definately liked the Hoop de Doo better, even though the Luau show something that would normally be much more my style. We had a lot of trouble seeing at the Luau (they arrange long tables that seat 6-10 perpendicular to the stage and our party was seated at the back half of one of those tables-- so we were craning over other people's heads the whole time). The food was merely OK and the show nice, with a series of performers demonstrating various dances from different islands of the pacific. Some of the dancers were women with hula and similar dances and some men with fire (and other) manly dances. I remember feeling like this show was overpriced, and I would be ok with going back if I were traveling with someone who really wanted to see it. But I wouldn't go under my own volition.

The Hoop De Doo was a different story. I got dragged there by my cousin who assured me the dinner and show was great. I am by no means a hoe-down type of girl, but I had to agree this show was very, very amusing. Lots of corny jokes and embarrassing audience participation. Food is basic american fare, but of good quality and unreasonablly large quantity. The ambience is a western saloon and it is well done. I did not expect to like this show, but very much did. So much so that I went back with this same cousin (she lives in Orlando) at another visit. I actually enjoyed this Hoop Dee Doo much less, because we had front and center seats and I was in mortal fear of being dragged into some audience participation embarrassment (its funny when its other people, but would be dreadful if it were me up there...). Having seen this show twice, I am pretty satisfied, but every time we go back to Disney, I toy with the idea of seeing the Hoop Dee Doo again. I consider this show to be an excellent value.

I would offer one disclaimer in that the Luau that I went to was about 3-4 years ago-- and it is my understanding that the show has changed since then. I am not sure how much. So some of what I have said may no longer hold.

A second thought I just had was that I did see this show when I was a kid of maybe 12 years and I remember thinking it was very cool and exotic at the time (I was influenced by the Brady Bunch in Hawaii episodes, perhaps). So you might factor in the kid factor if traveling with older children or young teens.

Hope this helps.

Beatnik

Gets our vote,we love show have been 15 times.We go on each trip,love the the show and food is good.Have seen several cast changes over the years and all have done a great job with the show.Got to be Davey's angel in show twice what a hoot me in a pink tutu.LOL Have been to Luau twice and enjoyed the show but didn't care for the meal.:earsboy: :sunny: :wave:

HDDR!

However we've never been to the luau. But we really like Hoop Dee Doo. We saw it for the first time in Feb. and are planning on doing it again this October. Even DD who was only 2 1/2 at the time loved the show.

Renee

Great first name!:cool:

DH and I prefer the HDD.

In our opinion better food and the singing and dancing is quite entertaining.

Whichever you decide, have fun.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter