Which DVC Resorts have the smallest child care rooms?

JasonCFamily

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have three kids...3, 5, and 7. Our 5 year old is high-functioning autistic. We are comfortable leaving all three together in DVC child care, but the smaller/less-crowded the better. Which DVC resorts are going to have a child care room, but a less crowded one?

My wife and I have three kids...3, 5, and 7. Our 5 year old is high-functioning autistic. We are comfortable leaving all three together in DVC child care, but the smaller/less-crowded the better. Which DVC resorts are going to have a child care room, but a less crowded one?

There aren't any DVC child care centers. I think you mean the Kids Clubs. They are located at AKL (Simbas Club), BC (Sandcastle Club), Polynesian (Neverland Club), WL (Cubs Den).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/childrens-activity-centers/

The Community Halls at some of the DVC resorts are just areas where families can play together. Not drop in childcare.

My 4 year old tried out the Disney Day Care for the first time in December! She went to Simbas Clubhouse, as well as the one at Beach Club and loved them both. The beach club location was busier when we dropped her off (I'm guessing because of dinner reservations for the parents, maybe), but she was the only one there when we picked her up right before closing. Simbas clubhouse wasn't as busy, but looked like it might be smaller and had less staff, too. We were happy with both locations, but when we picked our daughter up from beach Club, several staff members were sitting on the floor with her watching a movie. definitely made me smile!
The fact that they feed them dinner makes the rates for child care almost a steal (when the cost of a quick service meal is figured in!)

I think you would get more answers from posters with relevant KIDS CLUB experience if you posted your question on the Disney for Families Board or even the disABILITES board.

I'd move it, but not sure myself which of the two would be better. Feel free to ask on both.

We have lots of experience with the BC (Sandcastle) and the AKL (Simbas) kids clubs. The space at AKL is the larger of the two. In our experience we have found the BC to be consistently more crowded. I have never seen more then 3-4 other children besides my own at Simbas and that was a busy night. Usually there is maybe 1-2 others. A couple of times I have found my kids to be alone with 4 adults.

I would guess that the one at the Poly is similar to the BC with crowds. Easy access to a popular park (MK & Epcot respectively) and lots of restaraunts means more kids in the clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter