• Stopping in the walkway

• Line jumping

• Pool Hopping

• Alcohol Anything

• Flash Photos

• Tipping

• Other Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes I thought the same about the breastfeeding thread!

My DW when she decided to breastfeed my DD(now 12) was once blasted by someone we knew for being irresponsible to the needs of our infant child stating that formula's and such were much better for our child than my wife wanted to breastfeed instead. I kid you not when I say this, but the person said my wife only needed those things for fun and looks, not feeding a child. I should say this was not on the DIS :rotfl2:

my dw when she decided to breastfeed my dd(now 12) was once blasted by someone we knew for being irresponsible to the needs of our infant child stating that formula's and such were much better for our child than my wife wanted to breastfeed instead. I kid you not when i say this, but the person said my wife only needed those things for fun and looks, not feeding a child. I should say this was not on the dis :rotfl2:

wow!

My DW when she decided to breastfeed my DD(now 12) was once blasted by someone we knew for being irresponsible to the needs of our infant child stating that formula's and such were much better for our child than my wife wanted to breastfeed instead. I kid you not when I say this, but the person said my wife only needed those things for fun and looks, not feeding a child. I should say this was not on the DIS :rotfl2:

OMG! :scared1: It's a miracle such ignorant people can get through life. :sad2:

There is now a poll asking whether smoking should be banned from WDW and I have a feeling that things may get ugly soon. Of course it just seems like someone is trying to stir the pot rather have a legitamate question.

Yes!

We should add "not liking ANimal Kingdom as much as others" to the list too.

What's wrong with Animal Kingdom? What complaints do people have?

I agree with some of the issues listed here, like the wheel chairs/busses. The wheel chairs will fit through the line, so how come they can't wait in line and get on the bus when it's their turn? My son gets to use a GAC in the parks but we would never even ask if he can cut the line for the bus.

The big kids in strollers thing doesn't bother me. My son is 8 and we still get him one on longer days. Makes the day more pleasant for everyone because he doesn't get so tired and can last longer. Plus, he has autism and when he's excited he gallops instead of walking, arms swinging. He might hit someone on accident. The stroller keeps his still and happy. I don't like when people don't pay attention where they are pushing their strollers and either repeatedly hit the back of my feet or nearly run me over. :mad:

People who stop walking in the middle of a crowd annoy me the most. Walk off to the side then stop :rolleyes:

There is now a poll asking whether smoking should be banned from WDW and I have a feeling that things may get ugly soon. Of course it just seems like someone is trying to stir the pot rather have a legitamate question.

Is the thread gone? It looked like fun but I can't find it.

What's wrong with Animal Kingdom? What complaints do people have?

I agree with some of the issues listed here, like the wheel chairs/busses. The wheel chairs will fit through the line, so how come they can't wait in line and get on the bus when it's their turn? My son gets to use a GAC in the parks but we would never even ask if he can cut the line for the bus.

The big kids in strollers thing doesn't bother me. My son is 8 and we still get him one on longer days. Makes the day more pleasant for everyone because he doesn't get so tired and can last longer. Plus, he has autism and when he's excited he gallops instead of walking, arms swinging. He might hit someone on accident. The stroller keeps his still and happy. I don't like when people don't pay attention where they are pushing their strollers and either repeatedly hit the back of my feet or nearly run me over. :mad:

People who stop walking in the middle of a crowd annoy me the most. Walk off to the side then stop :rolleyes:

First :welcome:..First post is exciting...

I actually listed use of the GAC as a topic to start a spark...My son too gets a GAC...I have seen many threads where things get heated...Just a heads up :hug:

Some people write about some issues with the AK...Such as the theming and attractions in DinoLand or thinking Rafakis Planet Watch is a waste of time or AK does not have enough attractions for small kids or it is not enough like a zoo...Stuff like that...Those that love AK some times take issue with things of that nature ;).

I have a feeling things are going to start getting heated over on the Strategies board soon... one that I don't think has been mentioned over here yet.
I never give a popcorn:: but, I couldn't resist this one...

I have a feeling things are going to start getting heated over on the Strategies board soon... one that I don't think has been mentioned over here yet.
I never give a popcorn:: but, I couldn't resist this one...

I saw that and now I think that thread got deleted, which is a good thing because it was actually starting to get kind of ugly.

First :welcome:..First post is exciting...

I actually listed use of the GAC as a topic to start a spark...My son too gets a GAC...I have seen many threads where things get heated...Just a heads up :hug:

Some people write about some issues with the AK...Such as the theming and attractions in DinoLand or thinking Rafakis Planet Watch is a waste of time or AK does not have enough attractions for small kids or it is not enough like a zoo...Stuff like that...Those that love AK some times take issue with things of that nature ;).

Thanks!! I've been lurking for over a year, since we planned our last trip. I figured it was time to post. We're from Long Island too. I guess I need to work on my profile while I'm on here some time soon :)

Suggesting a Disney hotel for adults only, excluding kids from certain possible adult dining or having a quiet pool where kids and parents have to keep their voices down will alway generate FLAMES!!!!!!!

lmao, I was just going to suggest those baby areas that each park has (where you could change kids, feed, buy diapers, rest, etc.) and the thread is already closed. :lmao:
No worries. That original poster already knew about those; she was looking for quiet, convenient places when the Baby Care Centers weren't nearby.

Thread's closed already, huh? That stinks.

goofy4prez said:
I kid you not when I say this, but the person said my wife only needed those things for fun and looks, not feeding a child. I should say this was not on the DIS
Let me guess. The friend was a male with an emotional age of about fourteen, right? :rotfl2: Disclaimer: NOT intended as an insult toward goofy4prez's friend, merely an observation based on the, well, observation ;)

ratlenhum said:
Sigh... Sorry up front for the minor sign of exasperation, but I'm trying (futilely, I think) to get through to someone on an 'active' thread about this right now... Wheelchairs and ECVs need to be loaded onto the bus first, not just for logistic reasons - no toes to run over, no Guests seated in the tie-down seats to displace - but also, apparently, because it's Florida law. In addition to that, on the older buses sometimes the lifts don't work. One may have been thrown out of balance by the last Guest to use it (or by Guests standing in the stairwell despite signage prohibiting it); or if the ground where the lift lands isn't 100% even the lip won't open... these and similar problems would force the wheelchair/ECV Guest to wait even longer than "their turn" for a bus - and if the next bus already had its tiedown areas occupied, longer still...

Note that a GAC is ONLY for ride and attraction access. It has no validity on the buses, monorails, or boats, or in restaurants.

Let me guess. The friend was a male with an emotional age of about fourteen, right? :rotfl2: Disclaimer: NOT intended as an insult toward goofy4prez's friend, merely an observation based on the, well, observation ;)

I know you won't believe this but it was the wife of the male who has the emotional age of fourteen. Between the two of them I bet they still don't add up to thirty. Now the next observation might be that she was a blond, this is not the case either. :lmao:

I know you won't believe this but it was the wife of the male who has the emotional age of fourteen. Between the two of them I bet they still don't add up to thirty. Now the next observation might be that she was a blond, this is not the case either. :lmao:

I believe it. she is offended that her hubby/bf might see something she doesn't want him to look at! probably objects to skimpy bouses, too. (now, I haven't been able to wear skimpy bouses in quite some time, but I don't object to them at all. used to wear them, myself. and, if hubby stops looking, I.m in trouble, cause he must be dead!:rotfl:(I do plenty "looking' myself)

This may have been mentioned sorry if I am repeating but has anyone noticed that its not a good idea to park at DTD and use the buses when staying at a non-Disney hotel.:tiptoe: I have not heard of anybody doing this but I think its a def no-no. Seems like to much of a hassle if you ask me.

there are no buses between downtown disney and the theme parks for this reason. (people used to do this).
we spent the day at AK and had ressies at Capt. Jack's for dinner. we took a bus to SSR, to transfer to DTD (big mistake, we shoud have taken a bus to AKL to transfer)

we were amazed that you couldn't go straight to downtown from the park (we were staying on proerty)"don't they want us to spend our money?" then we found out why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter