Which hotel at Universal?

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
Considering a stop at Universal on our way down to DLR next summer. Which hotel should we stay at to be able to walk over?

Hi PinkBudgie,

The only hotel I remember seeing near universal was the Hilton - even then i dont know if its walking distance because of the massive hill! But there is the shuttle that takes you up.

We stayed at the Hiltonthis summer. The rooms were really nice. The location was perfect for Universal. We did walk back and forth because we had a toddler in a stroller and it was easier than getting on the shuttle. We will definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Hiltonthis summer. The rooms were really nice. The location was perfect for Universal. We did walk back and forth because we had a toddler in a stroller and it was easier than getting on the shuttle. We will definitely stay there again.
Thanks for the input!
I'd love for our DLR podcast crew to talk a little about Universal Studios Hollywood now and then like they touch on Knotts or Six Flags. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the input!
I'd love for our DLR podcast crew to talk a little about Universal Studios Hollywood now and then like they touch on Knotts or Six Flags. :thumbsup2

Mary Jo and I both have annual passes now. I'm hoping we can get some USH content on the show very soon.

I've stayed at the Hilton before and although there's a bit of a hill to go up, it was only about 10/15 minutes walk - quite pleasant if the weather's cool. The hotel itself was very nice - good sized rooms and I liked the breakfast buffet.

1F

I stayed at the Sheraton in 2012 for a few nights. It was really quite nice, we had a great view out across the city. The walk up to the park was 10 minutes or so, you take an elevator up to the Hilton and then make the walk over.

Ok, just looked at Hilton and Sheraton. Both are $300 a night! Thinking it will be too much of a rushed day to stay one night, check out, go to the park, then leave to DLR. Staying 2 nights sounds better. I just can't see spending $600 for a room we won't be in much. We payed less than that per night when we went to POFQ at WDW in June.

I'm now looking for places sort of near we can take a shuttle or drive from. In the $150 or $160 range sounds better unless I can get some sort of "deal" for the others. Still open to suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks.

The Beverly Garland on Vineland has a trolley shuttle. Walkable down a different hill than the Hilton and Sheraton is a Clarion Inn. Though, after a long day, that one could be hard! I've had family members stay at both and the Beverly Garland is very nice. The Clarion was just okay when my family stayed there, but it was a Holiday Inn Express at the time. It was fine for just a place to sleep.

The Beverly Garland on Vineland has a trolley shuttle. Walkable down a different hill than the Hilton and Sheraton is a Clarion Inn. Though, after a long day, that one could be hard! I've had family members stay at both and the Beverly Garland is very nice. The Clarion was just okay when my family stayed there, but it was a Holiday Inn Express at the time. It was fine for just a place to sleep.

Thank you! The Beverly Garland looks very promising!

We stayed at the Beverly Garland a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice! We drove up from DL and went directly to Universal then to the hotel in the evening so we did not use the shuttle but we saw a bunch of people that did and they seemed happy with it. The rooms were great - beds were super comfy. :)

Universal Hollywood is really a 1/2 day park only. (unless you go when its really crowded with long lineups )

So i would suggest you just stay at the hotel closer to Disneyland, and then just travel to Universal one day as a break from DLR.

Universal Hollywood is really a 1/2 day park only. (unless you go when its really crowded with long lineups ) So i would suggest you just stay at the hotel closer to Disneyland, and then just travel to Universal one day as a break from DLR.

I agree Universal is a 1/2 day visit so a drive up the 5 and back from DL is easy.

We stayed at the Beverly Garland a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice! We drove up from DL and went directly to Universal then to the hotel in the evening so we did not use the shuttle but we saw a bunch of people that did and they seemed happy with it. The rooms were great - beds were super comfy. :)
Thanks for the report. Sounds good!

Universal Hollywood is really a 1/2 day park only. (unless you go when its really crowded with long lineups )

So i would suggest you just stay at the hotel closer to Disneyland, and then just travel to Universal one day as a break from DLR.

I agree Universal is a 1/2 day visit so a drive up the 5 and back from DL is easy.

Well we are driving down from Northern California so I figured we could stop on our way down. After 6 days at DLR we would then head east to visit my sister's, then back up north from there. I thought about going from DLR area, but seems like it would be less driving to stop on the way. For the full day, I was also planning on looking around City Walk too. We are going in July so I don't know how crowded that will be then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter