Which land do you like better?

Pandora. I have zero love for Star Wars, movies or otherwise. Sorry. Loved Avatar.

Background, I am a casual Star Wars fan with a sister who is a big SW fan. I could not care less about Avatar. Also, my night vision isn't great so I haven't done either land after dark.

I visited both lands for the first time this February. I loved FoP and Satu'li Canteen, but could otherwise take or leave Pandora. (I didn't get on NRJ.)

I spent so much time in SW:GE, just hanging out. Rode ROTR twice and loved it. Went Birthday shopping for my Sis in the Marketplace. Ronto Morning Wrap and Tatooine Sunset were my Food Finds of the Trip. Ate twice at DB7 and really enjoyed both times. My Sis wants to come with me in a couple of years and I can't wait to be her "guest" when she builds at Savi's - I have watched so many videos of that! When we go together, I also want to build a droid. I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed just being in the land.

I love them both so much that I honestly can’t choose between them, even though I’m a big Star Wars fangirl and loathed Avatar. They’re different enough and were built with different enough approaches that it’s hard for me to compare them, and I appreciate them both on their own merits. Obviously Galaxy’s Edge is bigger and there’s more to it, but every time I go to Pandora I notice something I didn’t see before. I’m definitely in a minority though because I’m one of approximately 5 people who loves NRJ (the Shaman is one of my fave AAs) and I love the new Star Wars content as much as the old stuff.

I thought Avatar the movie was banal and offensive when I finally saw it (at a friend’s house when it came out on Blu-Ray), but the funny thing is I spent the whole movie thinking about how much I’d love to just walk around in it. Years later I got to and I love it. I will say though that I think Pandora shines in this respect, whereas I think Galaxy’s Edge can be a little lost on people who aren’t familiar with the various cartoons, comics, etc. Hondo is one of my favorite characters in anything ever much less Star Wars and I lost my mind when I saw him in the ride (I did SR so missed his AA) but if you’ve never seen Clone Wars or Rebels you’d have no idea who he is and so his prominence in the Smuggler’s Run story won’t really mean anything to you. Pandora wisely ignores its movie for the most part, just putting little Easter eggs through the land.

Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge (day or night), but I do have to say that the bioluminescence at night at Pandora is pretty cool and worth checking out.

Star Wars! It feels completely immersive to me and I love both ROTR and MFSR. Ronto wraps are beyond delicious and I’ve had fantastic food at Docking Bay 7 too (the Felucian garden spread in particular). I had a blast both times I’ve been to Oga’s Cantina. It’s also really fun to grab a blue milk and just people watch, especially when the storm troopers are walking around. So yeah, I’ve really enjoyed SWGE and it gets my vote!

Star Wars is larger and has more depth, sights, sounds and the stormtroopers walking around along with other characters.. add on top of that Savi’s, droid depot, Olga’s plus the dining and marketplaces shops makes it a must. At night it has great character also. I love Pandora and at night it is great. However, it is much smaller and has less of everything. I feel they went cheaper on the bioluminescence and could have done much more with that plus expanded the land in size. I still think it is great but they could have done so much more. I think Galaxy’s Edge not being on a know world is good.

I haven't been to GE yet but we were lucky enough to be in Pandora within the first month of opening and we love it. At night, it is great for a night ending stroll to look at the colors.

They are about the same size (12 acres vs 14 acres), but for some reason Galaxy's Edge feels bigger to me, like there is more to do. Not sure why that is. Both only have 2 rides, although to me it feels like there is more shopping opportunities and more immersiveness at GE.

GE is more spread out it feels. Plus they have more shopping, more food choices two experiences, two attractions and a bar. So plenty more to do, plus all the touches like the creature in the water system and droids plus stormtroopers and characters walking around. I love pandora also but GE just has more to do and interact with. Pandora takes allot of room for the floating mountains. Both are great just different.

We prefer Pandora. But for now, that might be mostly because we can actually do things in Pandora. Until DIsney changes the sunrise VQ requirement to ride ROTR (which might be changing by default due to the virus), we won't really be able to experience the Star Wars attractions yet. I'm looking forward to FP, a better VQ approach, or maybe even a standby line at some point for ROTR - so we can get on the attraction. Until then, Pandora is much better.

Our most recent trip (Dec with DS) I literally teared up just looking at the Millennium Falcon one beautiful night! It was like my entire childhood reached out and hugged me right there! That entire Star Wars area is really immersive at night IMHO....

I'm neither a Star Wars fan nor an Avatar fan, so I feel like my opinion is pretty unbias :) I think the Star Wars area has more to see and do. You can spend more time strolling there, going in and out of the stores, etc. Pandora makes me feel more like I'm on another planet. So much detail, and its beautiful at night. They're both worth seeing and doing, so flip a coin if you need to decide between one or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter