Which meals do you eat in Concierge Lounge?

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
Our first DCL cruise is coming up July 1st on the Wish (SO EXCITED!!) and I’m currently planning out our days and curious which meals concierge guests eat in the lounge? Since I know a big perk of the Wish concierge experience is the menu and dedicated kitchen, I don’t want to miss out on that but also don’t want to miss any of the MDRs- we have 2 young kids who I’m sure will be much more entertained by those! We also plan to do room service breakfast in the mornings as our wake-up call since we’re not early risers, so that leaves lunch. We definitely want to do the concierge embarkation lunch at 1923, and we have Palo on Day 4, so that leaves Nassau and Castaway day to either eat in the concierge lounge or do Mickey’s Festival of Foods/Cookies. What do you all usually do? TIA!!

Besides the day we did Palo for brunch, we had breakfast in the lounge. We (DW and I) would just order a few things off the menu, usually the breakfast sandwich (which is really only like half a sandwich), the croissant sandwich and Mickey waffles, and would grab fruit and some other things as well. We had lunch at 1923 on embarkation and our sea day and went to MM on our CC day (we didn't get off the ship so the buffet was empty). We would also graze at the offerings in the lounge when the mood struck us during the day or during our evening drinks in the lounge before getting ready for dinner. Since we had late seating, we stopped by FF usually for a later afternoon snack.

Honestly I’d skip the embarkation lunch in 1923. It takes forever and with little kids that’s more stress than it’s worth to me when starting out vacation. We did it once and never again. We usually do breakfast in the lounge and then snacks whenever else we’re in there. I didn’t find enough variety on the lunch/dinner small plate hot menu in the lounge to warrant eating a meal there as I have picky kiddos. If you’re planning to get off and enjoy castaway (which I highly recommend) I wouldn’t waste time getting back on the ship for lunch. So if eating in the lounge is important to you, I’d do Nassau day.

I love Donald’s cantina at mickeys festival of foods so I wouldn’t skip that if I were you! We would get our food on deck there and take it back to the lounge for a quieter place to eat.

Is it an either/or? Walk through the lounge and see what’s offered, having looked at Pool deck food already.

In the past, I could have eaten a deconstructed Caesar salad offered in the lounge every time it was available.

Same. We would scout out the offerings in both the lounge and on the deck for lunch (and snacking throughout the day).

We had a 1 bedroom so often ordered breakfast and MDR for dinner in our room. Oh, don't even get me started on the dole whip smoothies on the sundeck. My only complaint was that I couldn't reach the dispenser from the hot tub.

OOH they have high tea on the Wish?! Does it include the yummy tea sandwiches and scones? 😍😍
IMHO that is the best time to go to concierge -- the mid-afternoon tea sandwiches and scones. I think it's like a 2:30-4:30 kind of timeframe. Just have to have enough room in your tummy for that food between lunch and dinner lol.

I would say we approach the lounge less as a complete meal replacement and more a 'swing through and grab a thing or two that looks good' whenever it suits us. Granted if you want to order off the hot menu that takes a bit more of a time commitment; we usually ordered breakfast in the lounge on the Wish.

Same. We would scout out the offerings in both the lounge and on the deck for lunch (and snacking throughout the day).

We had a 1 bedroom so often ordered breakfast and MDR for dinner in our room. Oh, don't even get me started on the dole whip smoothies on the sundeck. My only complaint was that I couldn't reach the dispenser from the hot tub.
Seriously! I am putting this on my comment card! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter