Which Parade would you choose?

talie95

Mouseketeer
We will be spending 2 days at DL/DCA. Since our time is short we are thinking of only seeing 1 parade and then skipping the other to get on more rides. If you had to choose between the DCA Block party bash and DL Parade of dreams which would you rather see? BTW, we will have a 4 year old and 18 month old if that makes any difference. Thanks!

The characters are totally different - so I would go off of what your kids prefer.

DCA is the Pixar characters - and is a very high energy parade.
DL is the traditional disney characters.

Oh tough call. My 3 y/o enjoyed the PoD much more than BPB, but I think she was really tired for the latter. My 8 y/o however enjoyed getting up and dancing with BPB and even got one of the balls they throw out after. I got the cutest video of him out there dancing with the performers.

I agree, if your kids like the "traditional" characters more than the Pixar, then go for PoD. We enjoyed both of them.

That is tough but if I absolutely had to pick one, it would have to be POD. But that is more of a sentimental family memory type thing for me. I like BPB, but POD would win hands down if I could only do one!

Andrea

When we were there a couple of weeks ago they had a "Cars" pre parade before the "Block Party Bash". It was Lightning McQueen and Mater and was very cute!!! Very simple, but very cute. The BPB is very high energy and very interative.

My family adores Block Party! It's so much fun and the audience gets to participate. The music is great and the pixar characters are the best! I personally wouldn't want to miss either parade, but if I could only see one, without a doubt it would be Block Party. In fact, last time we went we saw it five times. We're going again in October and plan to catch it every single day!

I would definetly choose POD! We liked BPB, but it wasn't anything I need to see again. POD we will definetly be making time to see on one of our days, hopefully we'll get to see the Lion King float on a stop again! I just wish the EP was running when we are there since it's my favorite.

stagemomx3 said:
I just wish the EP was running when we are there since it's my favorite.
Me too! I haven't seen that parade in about 10 years or so? Back when it was done at Disneyland. I know my kids would love it! Oh well.
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I guess we'll ask our 4 yo which characters she would rather see and take it from there.

I'd see the Block Party over the Parade of Dreams. The block party was more of a performance. I found it much more entertaining than PoD.

would your family like audiance participation with dancers and a few characters (pixar) [block party]- or a ton of characters (disney) with fabulous floats and a longer parade (can you tell I'm partial here?)[parade of dreams]

POD wins for me - your 4 year would most likely be happy with either as s/he won't know there is another one that he is missing. Your baby won't remember either. For the adults - the POD is the true disney expereince.

Both are great, each unique in its own way.

The POD floats are beautiful and so many characters. I loved it.

My kids age 5, 5, and 10 LOVED BPB!!!!! The loud music, then dancing, the games prior to the party, the nerfs balls, the army men. If they had to decide, it would be BPB. If I was going without my kids, it would be POD. If I was going with my kids, it would be BPB, just so I can see them dance and have a total blast like they did last time.

No matter what your decision, you'll enjoy both.

It depends on what days you are going. We went to DCA last Tuesday and the BPB parade did not stop for the party part, the floats just rolled by. We saw it again on Friday and it was much better. the PoD was pretty much the same during the week and on the weekend. We liked both, but if I had to choose it would be PoD. However, my 7 and 9 year old boys might disagree.

HUH? Im a bit confuzzled! So your saying that during the week the floats just roll on by, but on the weekends the floats stop?

Dakota_Lynn said:
My family adores Block Party! We're going again in October and plan to catch it every single day!

In October the Block Party Bash may only be running 5 days a week (off season schedule). Most likely with Tuesday and Wednesday being dark. But quite possibly Wednesday and Thursday.

And as to the original post... if I had to choose just one, I think Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is much more wonderful than Block Party Bash.

Parade of Dreams has Tinker Bell! :thumbsup2

merlinsgang said:
It depends on what days you are going. We went to DCA last Tuesday and the BPB parade did not stop for the party part, the floats just rolled by. .

Sometimes, based on heat (if the park is Code 90 / 90 degrees or higher), or based on crowd size inside DCA, the Block Party Bash does not always make one or two parade stops anymore.

If it's 90+ outside, the Block Party Bash will not stop.

PoD stopped on both the weekday and weekend. It was good to see it from different vantage points and see different floats stop. We watched it from two different places on Main St. The parade stopped once on that stretch. One time we were in from of the Alice Wonderland float and the next time it was Beauty and the Beast. It was BPb that rolled on through on Tuesday, but did stop to party on Friday.

PoD seems to always do it's show stops, even if the park is Code 90 for CMs, and it's rarely 90 degrees or more bythe time the 7pm PoD would step off anyway.

I don'know if PoD does show stops during the 3 pm parades, if the park is Code 90.

The only time I have seen PoD not do any show stops and just roll on thru was after a short rain during the afternoon last year, and the streets were still a bit slick.
Most of the off-float dancers were missing from that performance also.

I have no idea why they didn't just run the Rainy Day Cavalcade that day, but probably because it wasn't raining anymore.
But as I said, it was still pretty slick along the parade route.

It was still a quite enjoyable parade! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter