Which resort is a never or never again for you?

Most anything that is not deluxe, call me a snob if you want or whatever, I just don't want to feeling like live stock on vacation. I go on vacation to relax, I don't want to e in a shoe box, I don't enjoy fast food, and cramped pools. The French Quarter was pretty nice, so maybe ...

OKW is another NEVER, story of one sour apple spoiling the bunch, but it was clear someone either didn't care or wasn't trained well, either case, nope I don't need it.

Poly is not high on my list, because it only really has studios, I enjoy more space.

Most anything that is not deluxe, call me a snob if you want or whatever, I just don't want to feeling like live stock on vacation. I go on vacation to relax, I don't want to e in a shoe box, I don't enjoy fast food, and cramped pools. The French Quarter was pretty nice, so maybe ...

OKW is another NEVER, story of one sour apple spoiling the bunch, but it was clear someone either didn't care or wasn't trained well, either case, nope I don't need it.

Poly is not high on my list, because it only really has studios, I enjoy more space.
I feel the same about Poly, but I'm willing to give it a chance after the DVC tower is opened

DW and I are at a point where we have to have a queen bed, at least. It's been several years since I've stayed in a Value, but back then none of them were queens and if that's still the case Values would be out.

Last edited:

After this trip - any room where my kids have to share. I find that we all do better if they can each have their own space.

Studios are ok (we are in one now) but I also find that I really miss the convenience of having the 1BD. So 2 studios wouldn’t be a dealbreaker but it’s just not my preference.

On the plus side, the sofa beds in the new BPK resort studios are really comfortable.

Any of the values or moderates for more than two nights. I need a sofa, chairs don't cut it. I cannot just sit on a hotel bed. I know some of the rooms at CBR now have sofas and if they were a bookable category I'd consider it. We are at the point where we either tow down our camper or stay in a DVC room.

Greatly disliked OKW Studio. I love the idea of 2 beds but really disliked the layout. I do think I was prejudice after staying at the DVC resorts with inside doors. I just feel safer and found it weird (now) to have an open door to the outside near the bed.

Again, I spent many, many years at Dixie Landings (PO Riverside) and CBR and loved every minute. Just got spoiled later with DVC studios at their other resorts. BUT I do miss OKW's two beds. The murphy beds have now been a real blessing.

After this trip - any room where my kids have to share. I find that we all do better if they can each have their own space.

Studios are ok (we are in one now) but I also find that I really miss the convenience of having the 1BD. So 2 studios wouldn’t be a dealbreaker but it’s just not my preference.

On the plus side, the sofa beds in the new BPK resort studios are really comfortable.
This is why I love the two bedroom….

Plus if I really need to I usually can get out of the room without having to play referee

I don't care for BWV: Room layout, theming, dining options, bus transportation. Just doesn't do it for me.

Had to ask DH his (non-Disney fan) take on this at. He said “polynesian, those studios were a joke and the amenities stunk”

Port Orleans. We normally stay at AKL close to the lobby and mostly at Grand Floridian. When we walked into the Port Orleans room, we both stopped and kinda stared. It was like a motel 8. Tiny room, no dresser for clothes, very small. The different from deluxe was way way more than I had assumed. The walk from the bus to the room was also really long and with all the rain that week, we just couldn't do it. We checked out the next morning and WDW put us up at the deluxe we wanted. I know it's more expensive but we try to catch a sale.

Yikes--they watched you swim? That would put me off, as well.
I'm curious too!
We've stayed there about 11 times and I've never once seen people standing around who weren't staying there. We love how small the whole resort is.

Port Orleans. We normally stay at AKL close to the lobby and mostly at Grand Floridian. When we walked into the Port Orleans room, we both stopped and kinda stared. It was like a motel 8. Tiny room, no dresser for clothes, very small. The different from deluxe was way way more than I had assumed. The walk from the bus to the room was also really long and with all the rain that week, we just couldn't do it. We checked out the next morning and WDW put us up at the deluxe we wanted. I know it's more expensive but we try to catch a sale.
Just wondering which port orleans ….

I stayed at the French quarter and I would put the king room we had on par with at least a court yard, or Marriott with the exception of the external door…. How something I’m “ok” at a Disney resort.

also curious which port orleans. French Quarter is my favorite non deluxe resort. judging by how you said the walk to your room from the bus was really long i'm guessing Riverside as it is bigger than FQ

SSR...I've stayed there twice and neither time was by choice :rotfl:
first time, family booked it...second time, we got bumped from an overbooked POFQ to a 1 bedroom at SSR and I thought I'd give it a second chance but it's just not for me, or DH.

Also, deluxe report club level, simply because of the price. It used to be a fun occasional treat with good discounts, but we're waaaaay priced out now. DH and I are more quantity over quality people, so we'd choose more nights in a cheap room over fewer nights in an upscale room every time 😂

SSR...I've stayed there twice and neither time was by choice :rotfl:
first time, family booked it...second time, we got bumped from an overbooked POFQ to a 1 bedroom at SSR and I thought I'd give it a second chance but it's just not for me, or DH.

Also, deluxe report club level, simply because of the price. It used to be a fun occasional treat with good discounts, but we're waaaaay priced out now. DH and I are more quantity over quality people, so we'd choose more nights in a cheap room over fewer nights in an upscale room every time 😂
That is exactly the reason I picked SSR for my next trip. I get 5 nights there for the $100 more than a value at the same time. (renting DVC points). I also tacked on 2 nights elsewhere at the beginning and end of those 5 days making it a 10 day trip for about what my 6 night stay was last year.

May I ask what you don't like about SSR? I've never been there so I am genuinely curious.

Value resorts. I remember back in the day when they were like $74 a night and good for a long weekend. Not anymore. The rooms are very small, bus lines long and crowded, and overall the resorts seem really busy. Not good for relaxing.

I also would not stay at Port Orleans Riverside. I’ve tried both regular rooms (got bayou — eek — so not for me) and the princess room (cute but super small and felt cramped).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter