Which resort is better for 2.5 year old toddler?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Heading to WDW week of Halloween just to do waterparks/hotel pool/MNSSHP. So location doesn’t really matter. With a 2.5 year old which would you choose:

Animal kingdom villas - toddler loves animals and pools are awesome. Plenty to do on non-park days. At AKV and OKW would appreciate the microwave and toaster for breakfasts.
All star movies - cheapest and has Toy story theming which he’s obsessed with
Old key west - pools look fun

TIA!

I am a fan of AKL. My kids were a bit older than your LO and participated in the giraffe feeder activity. The animals are really cool. I think your toddler will enjoy any resort, so the question is, what makes YOU happy? I will say that Sanaa was delicious, but I think any of the resorts mentioned will be fun for all involved. Have a great trip!

I'd do AoA over All Star Movies for Location and the Big Blue Pool. I'm a huge fan of AKL but I think with your toddler's age and the significant cost difference, I think one of those 2 hotels would work well. How big is your party? If it's more than 2 adults and the toddler then I'd say AKL.

AKV is really lovely for a non-park visit. OKW has very spacious rooms, but AKV is not as spread out (even getting from Jambo to Kidani does not take a ton of time) and there is so much to do at AKV. There is also a zero-entry pool at AKL (Jambo) and a kids' splash pad (Kidani), which may make a pool day easier with a 2.5 year old. Just for activities, restaurants and atmosphere alone, I would do AKV. OKW would be my second choice and ASMo would be my last choice.

You didn’t list it as an option, but Contempo or BLT would be my pick. We stayed in the garden wing of the Contemporary on the 1st floor and went to MVMCP. My 2.5 y/o fell asleep in the stroller and we stayed until closing (after midnight) then walked back to our room without needing to go on a bus/monorail/etc. and without any crowds. It was AWESOME and worth every penny. Just popped him from the stroller into the crib and he slept straight through.

She won't remember. Take a lot of whole family pictures with characters. That will cement any memories later in life when she looks at them.

I remember the first time we took our daughter. We got in line for the Winnie the Pooh ride. We were in line for 45 minutes and 5 minutes before it was our turn, she fell asleep. Slept through the whole ride.

Pick what the adults want. The toddler won't know what he is missing. You will have to bus everywhere from all of those resorts so there is no advantage of one over the other in terms of transportation. OKW and AKL will offer more in terms of amenities, such as table service dining and hot tubs, but it is up to you to decide if those things are worth the extra money compared to an All Star.

We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge on our last trip. Our son was only a year and a half old but I chose the resort because I knew he would love seeing the animals and the pool over at Kidani has a great water play area for the kids. We really enjoyed our stay there and he loved it!

AKV is so different and so much to do. However if you want to, you could just take a bus over to ASMo to check it out and get some great pictures. He won't know the difference about actually staying there.

You didn’t list it as an option, but Contempo or BLT would be my pick. We stayed in the garden wing of the Contemporary on the 1st floor and went to MVMCP. My 2.5 y/o fell asleep in the stroller and we stayed until closing (after midnight) then walked back to our room without needing to go on a bus/monorail/etc. and without any crowds. It was AWESOME and worth every penny. Just popped him from the stroller into the crib and he slept straight through.

I dont like the Contemporary grounds at all, but this is so true. When your kids are still young enough to fall asleep in a stroller walking to the Contemp/BLT can't be beat. And you'll be paying for the difference too!

AKL - Jambo Has a play ground and Kidani has one of the best kids water play area--the pool at Kidani also has a small slide perfect for a child that age. Jambo has a parade every night for kids as well as a marsh mellow roast and stories outside by the fire pits ... If I had a choice I would stay at Jambo but your plan seems to revolve around pools in which case Kidani would be the better choice while it is not difficult getting between the two sides it is easier done when you are not in a wet bathing suit.

Do what you want. Pick the resort that is your favorite.

When my kids were 2 all they wanted to do was play in the pool. And at 2 they don't need much from a pool complex but some water and maybe a splash pad. Up until my kids were teens they asked to go to the pool the moment we got on property. Not the MK, not to see Mickey......just the pool. After vacation we would ask them their favorite part and they would say "the pool!" LOL

If I had to choose I would pick AKL. I always prefer deluxe if I can swing it.

Frankly at that age, almost any resort is "the best". We've gone twice with grandchildren that age (there was one that age each time). Once we stayed at AKV, and yes they enjoyed the animals-for the first day or two, then the thrill wore off. Last time we couldn't decide where to stay, so DH finally put his foot down and we chose OKW because it's his favorite (MY points, MY choice!). The girls LOVED it. It so happened we were closer to the pool, and although the pool wasn't what you'd call especially "kid-friendly", they loved that they got to swim there every day and then it was a short walk back to the room. But the best part for them at OKW was the big balcony, with the table, where the whole family could sit outside in the morning, relax, eat breakfast, and watch birds and ducks. Yup, more exciting than giraffes.

I dont like the Contemporary grounds at all, but this is so true. When your kids are still young enough to fall asleep in a stroller walking to the Contemp/BLT can't be beat. And you'll be paying for the difference too!

Our first trip our eldest was almost 3 and it was a very short trip with 2 park days and one MNSSHP. Being able to walk/monorail to and from MK was so awesome. I don't like the design of the Contemporary and the pool is boring, but that aspect was great.

I love AKV/Jambo for that age or any age. Pools and playgrounds are awesome, animals are awesome, restaurants are really good, they even had free s'mores in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter