Which resort would you NOT stay at again...

None of them since I'm going to be charged for parking with no justification. :rolleyes:
(In all seriousness, I was underwhelmed with All Stars and would never stay there again.)

Surprisingly, AKL. When I first found out there was a WDW resort where you could see animals right outside your balcony, I was stoked! I told DH that was somewhere we had to stay some day. Well 2 years ago we got that chance. We arrived around 2am and I was surprised at how dark the entire resort was.

So the resort was dark in the middle of the night, huh?

I'm not a fan of CSR or CBR. I strongly dislike the Allstars for many reasons. I haven't stayed there but the GF has never appealed not even back when it was affordable. :)

i have mixed feelings about the Polynesian. It was the place we routinely stayed at when DS was young. It has changed so much though! To me the lobby is bland now, the bungalows ruin the view and the crowds are crazy. It's not the quieter, charming place that we enjoyed in the past especially considering the price.

Caribbean Beach Resort!!! We hated the bus service here and ended up driving to all of the parks. Our room was fine, but we just didn't care for the resort. We would never stay here for a long trip again.

i have mixed feelings about the Polynesian. It was the place we routinely stayed at when DS was young. It has changed so much though! To me the lobby is bland now, the bungalows ruin the view and the crowds are crazy. It's not the quieter, charming place that we enjoyed in the past especially considering the price.

I think it's biggest weakness (besides all the monorail resorts having WAY TOO SMALL pools) is that the lobby building is entirely too small. It's standing-room only waiting to be seated at 'Ohana and it's often crowded just walking around the place on either floor. Obviously that was designed almost 50 years ago and Disney Resorts have learned since then, but it's just a handicap that's difficult to overcome. I fully understand the appeal of the monorail resorts -- staying in the Contemporary tower is still very cool, GF is ritzy, etc.-- but the Epcot area resorts are massively superior in terms of amenities and other than not being on the MK monorail loop, the location is far superior as well IMHO. That said, everyone is different, which is why there are options :)

I think it's great when people explain why they don't like a particular resort in detail. It really helps other people by understanding what's important to one guest may not be important to another.

I have an inground pool and have stay-cations all the time so a pool is not high on my list while on vacation.
I'm at the parks mostly (parkhopper pass always) or strolling somewhere so size of the room is only somewhat important.
Food, and easier transportation to the parks is my most important.

So I really just want to shout out a big thank you to those of you who go into detail instead of just saying too dark or not themey enough,etc

We stayed at BC last trip and we absolutely loved it. We loved the vibe of the Epcot area resorts. I went with BWV this trip since we rented points and it was the cheapest option for the Epcot resorts....and I did want to try something new. We are very much looking forward to it.

BWV is lovely as well. We just spend half the day at SAB so the Boardwalk doesn't really meet that "requirement" (heh). We do walk over to the boardwalk all the time, though. Best of both worlds!

I think it's great when people explain why they don't like a particular resort in detail. It really helps other people by understanding what's important to one guest may not be important to another.

I have an inground pool and have stay-cations all the time so a pool is not high on my list while on vacation.
I'm at the parks mostly (parkhopper pass always) or strolling somewhere so size of the room is only somewhat important.
Food, and easier transportation to the parks is my most important.

So I really just want to shout out a big thank you to those of you who go into detail instead of just saying too dark or not themey enough,etc

That's the thing, isn't it? Everyone has different tastes and preferences. The proof of that is that all the resorts are mostly booked all the time! Some people get upset when people criticize their favorite resort, but to me that's just one less person to have to fight for a room or pool chair with :)

Whoa; can't believe all the disdain for CBR. :eek: Never stayed there, but I always thought the common areas and theming were very cool.
We were very excited about it before we went. The photos were great, but the reality of staying there was not.

Polynesian- Didn't like it even a little bit. Gave it 2 tries. CMs were not enthusiastic at all. Gave us wrong directions to our building. Finally found a Mousekeeper who didn't speak English but she did point us to a map of the resort after we hand gestured that we were lost. Room decor did not appeal. Oh and found a bra and underwear in a dresser drawer and pubic hair in tub.
Yacht Club- too fuddy duddy- just dull -felt like a nursing home only not as exciting.

I'd predict that every hotel has its detractors and lovers, just like restaurants. I remember the one time we went to BWV to visit friends, as soon as we walked in, DH turned to me and said "Don't EVER make me stay here!" Yet we have many friends who are BWV lovers.

Good thing I just swallowed my drink or it would of been on my keyboard. :teeth:

If the resort was lit up with flood lights or bright the poor animals would never get any sleep *wink*
I stayed at AKL in 2016 and I did love the resort and viewing the animals however as I walked through the resort going down the halls, it was dark dark and being a solo traveler, I would only stay here again if I got a room right off the elevator like my first stay.

CSR for sure. We've stayed at most of the resorts at this point, and our CSR stay was just about the only stay where we wished we could have a do-over. We stayed for 8 days at CSR, then a extended day at POP and wished we had just stayed at POP the entire time. As nice as CSR was, it seemed more like a Marriott than a Disney Resort to us. If we're paying Disney bucks, we expect better themeing. The overall layout was also a turnoff for us. I understand many changes have likely taken place since we went, but we felt like we were in prison at the food court. You get your food, then sit in an iron gated area and pay before you leave. I much preferred situations like Poly or AoA where you can get your food and sit outside without much hassle. I'm sure there are those that love CSR, but not for us. I suspect the biggest issue comes down to Value vs Moderate vs Deluxe. We like most of the Deluxes and most of the Values. The moderates feel like an un-happy medium for us. You don't save as much money as you do staying at the values, but you also don't get the themeing you would get for the money of the Deluxes. If we're saving money, we'll be at a value. If it's an all out trip, we'll be at a deluxe.

From the above post, Contemporary is a big red flag to us as well. Man, it's hard to beat that Theme Park view, but we have a 2 and 3 year old, and the food options were terrible for our family as a whole. The kids hated every plate at that resort. That's honestly a deal breaker for us.

So the resort was dark in the middle of the night, huh?

Yes, I shouldn't have been surprised because all of the other resorts turn the lights off inside after midnight, too. :scared:

My point was that everywhere we went INSIDE was very dark, the lobby, the walkways, our room. It was different than any other hotel or resort I've stayed in. It made it difficult to navigate and stay awake trying to find our room.

POR. We even had one the Royal Guest rooms. The room itself was very worn out and in desperate need of a rehab. I do understand that the amount of people that go threw these rooms on a yearly basis is staggering, but even spending 30 minutes in it touching up the paint or the stain on the furniture would go far. The CM's we had interactions with checking in or in the store weren't bad, they just seemed like they were going through the motions and didn't want to be there. Bell service was the bad part. We had a mid week stay in January during the lul between marathon weekend and mid winter break so it was pretty non eventful, but it took 4 hours to bring our owners lockers to our room. We would call bell service about every hour and get the same answer " your the next one up, and that they were unloading a truck" I know that it is a very first world problem, but something just doesn't add up.

Probably POR--the landscaping is lovely and I loved the food court, but it's just too big and we had awful luck with the buses. If we HAD to stay there (as in POR or no Disney at all), we would, only because we have no interest in any of the other moderates or any of the values. However, we've fallen so in love with every deluxe we've stayed at (BC, Poly, GF, Contemporary, WL), I can't imagine going back to a mod!

2 of my adult kids stayed at POR while my husband & I stayed at WL & I found POR buses 10X busier. While 99.9% of the time we were ALONE on WL bus or at most 1-3 people.....POR was filled and with standing only. I even sent a mears taxi to them 3 times just to get them on time to our reservation or planned group outing.

(and yes we visited their resort several times and took the bus so we know it first hand-they didn't buffalo us lol)

POP Century. We had a refurbished room and loved the look of it, but that was probably the only thing we loved at this resort. Could hear the upstairs neighbors every move (1am - 3am every night). We could hear every time a shower turned on or a toilet flushed from either the room next to us or above. Even worse than hearing the neighbors was the air vents. Every time the air kicked on there was a loud knocking, to the point where the first night I got out of bed 3 times thinking someone was knocking on my door or window. Finally figured out what it was by the third night and just shut it off (when my very warm blooded bf fell asleep so he wouldn’t throw a fit lol). I really need my sleep or I am a grumpy lady. Other than room issues, the stairway that we’d take every night to our room was not the cleanest. Also had a not so pleasant experience with a front desk woman but nothing that was too bad just not Disney magical. Nothing at this resort was horrible just not my ideal of a Disney vacation spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter