which restaurant to skip for palo on 3 day wonder

minnieluvzmickey

<font color=blue>I click my hills together! ;)</fo
OK........I know I've asked this before........but I can't decide which restaurant to skip for palo....Parrot Cay or Triton's??? I know we want to go to AP because this is our first cruise and we want to see the show. So, all you recent wonder cruisers let's hear which restaurant you would recomend skipping for palo.

We went for our first Disney cruise last May. If I were you, I'd skip Triton's. Here's why: I agree about definitely NOT missing AP - it IS alot of fun for everyone. Parrot Cay is also alot of fun. The room is festively decorated and there is even a congo line after the main entree and before dessert. All the servers and many diners dance around the room. Everyone else waves their napkins above their heads. It really WAS alot of fun. The food was also good. Then there's Tritons. It is formal and "stuffy" and certainly nothing "fun" about it. The food is fine and fancy BUT if you are going to Palos you will have even "finer" food. I think that Tritons and Palos both have the same feel so I would skip Tritons on the 3-day cruise.
Have fun!! The food is the best part of the cruise in my opinion!

on your first...I agree - AP is not to be missed. Personally, I love the feel/food at Tritons and would pass on Parrot Cay. It's a tough choice...a personal choice. Which ever one you pass on...plan to have a b-fast/lunch in that restaurant.
___
OR
___
Double - dip....many have done this - you can find many comments on this through the "search" function.
___
I can't say I am a fan of this...there was sooooo much wonderful food at Palo. I'd hate to miss even one bite.

I would skip Tritons, it was my least favortie of all the restaurants...Parrot Cay was my favorite.

I want to thank you for asking this, it will be our first cruise and we're celebrating our anniversary, you saved me the trouble of remembering to ask this!

signs-thanks2.gif

I would skip parrot cay. Atmosphere on our particular cruise was not the best although the room is wonderfully decorated. I also thought the food at Tritons was better.

I have mixed feelings about it. You are right - don't miss AP or Palo. If you are traveling without kids, I would recommend skipping Parrot Cay. If you are traveling with kids (and they'll be dining with you except at Palo), I would skip Triton's. The food is wonderful and a definite highlight - don't miss a meal (unless it's lunch and you're trying to save room for Palo).

We love all three so we are doing the double dip on our three day. We have late seating so will be going to Palo asap.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Padre Disney
We love all three so we are doing the double dip on our three day. We have late seating so will be going to Palo asap.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

NOW that is the way to do it LOL I love this idea.

minnieluvzmickey, as it's your first time I agree with the "show" for AP however I have to say that although the food was of an extremely high standard it just didn't do it for me.

I love the food and menus at Tritons and PCay.

So I'd say go have salad at AP and then to Palos.

But if you don't fancy doing that then I'd give up PCay. But if it was my first 3-day trip I'd be finding it difficult to choose too.

First Cruise, eh.

I would NOT skip any of the regular dinning rooms.

"Double Dip" if you must, but you really should experience each of the dinning rooms. The theming is wonderful and each has its own personality. Yes the food is better at Palo, but the experience in the dinning rooms (especially if you are a family with children) is really not to be missed. So far we have enjoyed our tablemates on each of our cruises and we like to hear what others have done throughout the day.

I vote for 'double dipping' too. Just make the reservations as far apart in time as possible and maybe eat a very light lunch.

Have dessert at Palo, the chocolate souffle is wonderful!

Tritons would be the one that I would miss if I had to pick, but again, I suggest that you try to go to both.

DJ

You can argue positives and negatives of the other restaurants, but the main point is that you MUST eat at Palo. To do so it is easily worth skipping ANY of the other restaurants, including Animator's Palate (but avoid that if possible). Palo is a couple notches above the others for both food and service.

If you can arrange to eat at Palo after dark when in port at Nassau, take it! We did so by accident and had a wonderful view of the Atlantis Resort all lit up! Of course you can always go out on deck that evening, but it's a nice addition to the meal.

(For extra credit, explain in detail why "Animator's Palate" is a pun.)

I apologize if this was suggested already (I haven't read the other responses), but I recommend looking at sample menus at www.castawayclub.com and seeing which menu you are least intersted in.

Even if you skip Parrot Cay, you can get there for lunch on embarkation day (it may also be open for breakfast buffet every morning as well). If you skip Triton's for your rotation you will be able to have sit down breakfast or lunch there each day, as well. Animator's Palette also has some mild color-show entertainment you may not want to miss if you haven't seen it already.

I would look at the menus.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks yall for all your answers. Now I'm more confused than ever. lol........I forgot to say that we are cruising all alone. Leaving our 4 wild children at home.

Here are my two concerns:

1. My gut instinct says to skip Tritons....I just think the Parrot Cay menu looks more to my liking.

2. I am assuming since we won't have kids that we will get the TAP rotation (or at least thats what I've read around here). I have also read that some people feel kind of woozie the first night with the ship movement and all. If I skip Tritons then my first night would be the Palo night. I want Palo to be very special and romantic. I was worried that we might be feeling sick or something and not want anything to eat.

3. The double dip sounds ohhhhh so much fun. I would love to try it. However, I just don't think I could eat 2 meals. We have the late seating so I guess we could eat at palo early and if we got hungry later go on to the restaurant of the night. However, this leaves the problem of missing the show. sigggggghhhhhhh
Maybe we will just stay in the room and order room service ;)

Originally posted by minnieluvzmickey
Here are my two concerns:

1. My gut instinct says to skip Tritons....I just think the Parrot Cay menu looks more to my liking.

Us too. I think we'll be skipping a night at Triton's on our next 4-day this December. We like Triton's for breakfast and lunch, so we don't feel like we're missing out on the restaurant too much.

2. I am assuming since we won't have kids that we will get the TAP rotation (or at least thats what I've read around here). I have also read that some people feel kind of woozie the first night with the ship movement and all. If I skip Tritons then my first night would be the Palo night. I want Palo to be very special and romantic. I was worried that we might be feeling sick or something and not want anything to eat.

You will most likely get TAP -- but that isn't 100%. When you check in at port, look on your Key to the World Card and finalize your decision then. Also, you could take preventative measures for sea-sickness, woozy problems....just in case. Also, be cautious on what and how much you eat at the embarkation lunch. You don't want to do anything that would aggravate a sensitive stomach.

3. The double dip sounds ohhhhh so much fun. I would love to try it. However, I just don't think I could eat 2 meals. We have the late seating so I guess we could eat at palo early and if we got hungry later go on to the restaurant of the night. However, this leaves the problem of missing the show. sigggggghhhhhhh

I think if you skip Triton's for dinner and go to Palo you can make up for it by having breakfast and or lunch there so you don't feel like you 'miss out' on a dining location.

Whatever you do, don't miss Golden Mickeys or Disney Dreams. Watch though, because they sometimes have afternoon showings of the entertainment. We saw Disney Dreams like this last cruise on CC Day.

Maybe we will just stay in the room and order room service ;)

Well, you ARE cruising without your kids!!! ;) ;)

I have heard that it is easier to get into Palo on the first night, so that might work well for you.

As for being sea sick, that all depends on the weather. Two weeks ago we sailed and we were sea sick the first night because Hurricane Isabel had just hit North of us, but the waters were wavey as a result. That is the first time I had ever felt sea sick on the first night (that was our 4th cruise).

My husband and kids took Dramamine and were fine and all enjoyed dinner. Unfortunately, I did not pack enough for all of us (only brought enough for my one daughter on the plane, not thinking about the rough waters)---so I missed dinner that night.

Pack some Dramamine just in case, but I wouldn't expect you to experience what we did. That was the worse movement of the ship that I ever experienced in all 4 cruises we have taken with DCL.

DJ

Originally posted by westjones
My husband and kids took Dramamine and were fine and all enjoyed dinner. Unfortunately, I did not pack enough for all of us (only brought enough for my one daughter on the plane, not thinking about the rough waters)---so I missed dinner that night.

Don't forget that they have free sample packs outside the medical office just in case! Don't think it's Dramamine brand, but it is something similar.

Way to take one for the family! You're a good wife! :)

I didn't think about seeing if they had any onboard! I thought I would 'tough it out' and I did make it through the show and even went to dinner and looked at the menu......then I looked at my DH and said, "Sorry, Dear, I can't go on, I am going back to the room." He had dinner with the kids.

On the 'bright side', one of my DDs spilled her drink and my husband said it went all over MY chair, so if I had been there I would have had a 'Shirley Temple' all over me!

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter